Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Horizon Library   » Reference   » Saudi Equpment for sale!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saudi Equpment for sale!
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yankee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi Arabia is selling its equipment for low, low prices! Make deals below!

M1A1 Abrams Tank Unit: The M1A1 is the new main battle tank of the Suadi Army It’s a very good tank, tanks are best used against enemy tanks, they are weaker against enemy infantry and anti-tank units. (Cost: 15)

M60A3TTS Patton Tank Unit: The M60A3TTS is slower and less armored than the M1A1 but it costs less. (Cost: 10)

AMX-30 Tank Unit: The AMX-30 is an older French design but it still can have an effect on the modern battlefield. (Cost: 9) Image! See below

M901 Anti-Tank Unit: The M901 is a converted M113 that carries a TOW anti-tank missile launcher on its roof. This unit is very good against tanks and other vehicles. but weak against everything else. (Cost: 8)

AMX-30SA Anti-Aircraft Unit: The AMX-30SA carries a 30mm gattling gun to destroy enemy aircraft. The Vulcan is good against aircraft and helicopters. Its very weak against ground units. (Cost: 6)

M109 Self-Propelled Artillery Unit: The M109 is a artillery gun mounted on an armored vehicle to make it travel faster and be protected. Artillery is good against any ground unit as long as its protected. (Cost: 8)

M270 MLRS Rocket Artillery Unit: This unit is basically the same idea as the M109 but it uses rockets instead of artillery shells. The rocket launcher is mounted on a tracked unit and it is somewhat stronger than a towed-artillery unit, but is still weak against any attacking force. Rockets are good against tanks and infantry. (Cost: 10) Image! See below

AMX-10P Mechanized Infantry Unit: This unit is basically an infantry unit but they ride and fight in AMX-10P infantry fighting vehicles. They are faster than a normal infantry unit and they are good against all vehicles and very good against enemy infantry. (Cost: 12)

Crotale II Chaparral Anti-Aircraft Unit: The Crotale-II is a vehicle launched anti-aircraft missile. Chaparral is very good against all air units but bad against any land or naval unit. (Cost: 10) Image! See below

F-15 ‘Eagle’ Fighter/Attack Unit: The F-15 is an advanced long range air-superiority fighter and attack jet. Its good against any air units but it has no ground attack or anti-ship capability. (Cost: 14, can carry 1 ‘plane dropped nuclear weapons load’) Image! See below

F-16C ‘Falcon’ Fighter/Attack Unit: The F-16C is a small interceptor. The F-16 doesn’t have the range or RADAR of the bigger F-15C but it is fast and maneuverable. The F-16C is good against all aircraft and it carries some anti-ground weapons. (Cost: 10)

Tornado GR4 Attack/Fighter Unit: The Tornado GR4 can carry both anti-aircraft and anti-ground weapons. It is good against all units but when its carrying ground attack weapons it isn’t as good against enemy aircraft. (Cost: 14)

P-3 ‘Orion’ Anti-Ship/Submarine Patrol Unit: The P-3 ‘Orion’ is a large 4 engine aircraft that is designed to hunt enemy ships and submarines. It is very good against submarines and ships but cant attack enemy aircraft or ground units. (Cost: 14)

AH-1 ‘Cobra’ Attack Helicopter Unit: The AH-1 is less advanced than the AH-64D but it is reliable and good against ground units. It is poor against naval or air units. The AH-1W may be based on Super Carriers, Carriers, Helicopter Carriers and Landing Assault Ships. (Cost: 10, may be based on carriers, helicopter carriers and landing ships)

’Al Madinah’ Class Frigate: The Al Madinah carries advanced anti-aircraft and anti-ship weapons. It is a good multipurpose ship. (Cost: 15)

BEST DEAL!

This landing ship costs **12** credits, and can carry 1 unit PLUS an additional Naval Helicopter unit-- this means it can carry 2 UNITS for 12 credits!!!

’As-Quin’ Landing Ship: This ship has only limited anti-aircraft weapons but it can carry 1 ground unit and 1 Naval Helicopter Unit. This ship is used for invading enemy beaches. (Cost: 12, can carry 1 ground unit and 1 Naval Helicopter Unit)

[ March 08, 2003, 19:02: Message edited by: Yankee ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 243 (0.03 per day) | From: Mecca, Saudi Arabia | Registered: Jan 2003 (7813 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yankee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

AMX-30 Main Battle Tank

-

M270 MLRS

-

Crotale II Chaparral Anti-Aircraft Unit

-

F-15

[ March 08, 2003, 19:00: Message edited by: Yankee ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 243 (0.03 per day) | From: Mecca, Saudi Arabia | Registered: Jan 2003 (7813 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would I go about purchasing an item? Would I do it in one of my turns, or what?

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.64 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (7887 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
How would I go about purchasing an item? Would I do it in one of my turns, or what?

The minimum asking price set by the rules is 'cost +2'. So if you want to buy the M1A1 from me, the minimum price you would pay would be 15+2; or 17.

Then for the turn you purchased the equip, you substract the cost of the deal from your turnly income.

From then on, you will be allowed to purchase the unit any turn just as you would with your own units at the orginal cost (eg 15 for the M1A1). You should also add the unit to your nation's thread.

Example:

I buy the 'Yukan-class landing ship' from China, which costs 12. I then add +2 to that original cost, in accordance with the rules.

Then, when I calculate my turn's income at 12AM GMT, I substract the cost of the deal from my income:

quote:

Saudi Arabia, Turn 532:

Income- 30
Carried Credits- 0

Purchase the Yukan Class Landing Ship from China.

Original cost: 12 + 2 = 14

30 - 14 = 16

Credits left - 16

I can then buy the Yukan whenever I feel that same turn, or any turn after that as if I were purchasing a unit of my own.

quote:

Saudi Arabia, Turn 535:

Income- 30
Carried Credits- 0

Purchase the Yukan class landing ship.

cost: 12

30 - 12 = 18

Credits left - 18

[ March 08, 2003, 20:21: Message edited by: Yankee ]

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see. Thank you very much!

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.64 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (7887 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the deal we discussed is as follows:

The M1A1 for 20 credits.

I would like to buy your transport as well, how much would that cost?

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.24 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (8338 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to clear up any confusion before it starts the Suadi M1A1 is NOT the same M1A1 as par in the US Army, same with the Egyptian model, they user lower quality electronics and materials (no cobham armor etc..) but they are still good

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.91 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kenny i dont know why you are so dead set on getting a new tank, your current tank is very much like the M1 series anyway

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.91 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
So what? it's still one of the best tanks around, and could complement the japanese army very well.

I will sell my transport for [Eek!] 14 [Eek!] credits

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@kenny

Fuck it. Buy the Saudi's.

[ March 09, 2003, 04:11: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.19 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (7976 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
Jester's right, buy Saudi!

[ March 09, 2003, 04:12: Message edited by: Yankee ]

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kenny, buy shit from the Saudi army. Capish? [Wink]

[ March 09, 2003, 04:12: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.19 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (7976 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting too long for an answer, and you didn't set a price for your M1A1. So i went with the bit cheaper M1A1 from the Saudi's.

I'd very much like to still purchase the A-10 plans though, if you want to set the price. (i'll catch you on AIM)

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.24 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (8338 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
You are welcome to purchase Saudi Equipment whenever you wish.

Are you buying anything? If so, please let us know what turn [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
your cheap transport, and tonight.

--------------------
 -

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*