Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Re: Audioscrobbler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Re: Audioscrobbler
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i posted this on the temp forum but i dont think many people saw it.

Basically what you do is download a program, install it and it monitors what you listen to on winamp (either version 2.8 or 3)

it then produces a list of what youve listened to and users who have similar tastes to you and you can download other stuff that they listen to.

The page that it made for me is here:
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=top10&file=userinfo&user=arkan

it also tells you:
* The most listened to artists
* the most listened to song(s) by each artists
and so on

if you want to sample it, click on the page that it made for me

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.27 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (8328 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol I finally made a screen name for it I like it a lot my user name is MellonCollie

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

"people disgust me....... this includes myself"
--me

".....let me give the world to you because obviously nothing else is going to make u fucking happy...."
--Billy Corgan

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

"But beware.....all those angels with their wings glued on"
--Billy Corgan

Contact at-------AIM: buletwbtrflywngz Yahoo: xsiamese_dreamx Msn: bulletwithbutterflywings11@hotmail.com

Posts: 1431 (0.18 per day) | From: Dallas(Plano)/Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002 (7927 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm i registered but it says you need winamp, but I was about to and heard it slows you PC considerably down when you run it

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.77 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when you run winamp or audioscrobber?

ive got winamp 2.8 and there are no such problems, and since ive added audioscrobbler ive noticed no change and im a part of the audioscrobbler community and ive not seen any reports of that.

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.27 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (8328 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
winamp 3 is a terrible terrible resource hog......winamp 2.81 does nothing of the sort........

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

".....let me give the world to you because obviously nothing else is going to make u fucking happy...."
--Billy Corgan

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

Contact at-------AIM: buletwbtrflywngz Yahoo: xsiamese_dreamx Msn: bulletwithbutterflywings11@hotmail.com

Posts: 1431 (0.18 per day) | From: Dallas(Plano)/Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002 (7927 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SIVA:
winamp 3 is a terrible terrible resource hog......winamp 2.81 does nothing of the sort........

Damn straight, I hate winamp 3 ...

I registered as bronx44 ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.15 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (8066 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SIVA's Stats

My Stats

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.15 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (8066 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
lmao sorry but i dont know why siva has bothered with audioscrobbler....all he has listened to is smashing pumpkins, the only recommendation he is likely to get is zwan lol!

--------------------

-

SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
lol well because currently the only mp3s on my computer consist of some various lame songs I have just for the hell of it.......my smashing pumpkins Collection...zwan cd...some placebo/sunny day real estate mp3's.......and the radiohead collection, my MP3 player is currently out of commission which stores approximately near everything else in my collection a near 18 gigs worth, and I have been too lazy to download anything else lol......and I am perfectly fine with listening to only smashing pumpkins since my collection is quite large and the band is quite diverse about their music style.........about 450 mp3's + or - 35 I would say smashing pumpkins alone....... I do have backups of my MP3 player, but I dread haveing to switch cds so much lol.......

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my name is DannyKay i think its up and working... winamp seems quite a good program, better than using kazaa...

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.77 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
winamp 2.8 is a brilliant program its packed with functions but that doesnt hinder ease of use nor demand much system resources.

--------------------

-

SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
yeah like the jump function is so great I cant believe its not even in 3

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
what jump function???

and btw the shuffle function in winamp3 sucks.....its not very random at all, there may be no set pattern but it does play some songs repeatedly whilst not even playing others even once.

--------------------

-

SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
hit the "j" key, and then you can type in the name or part of the name of the song you want to be played from your list and its allows you to easily select it........

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
oh thats cool, thanks man, i'll be using that from now on

--------------------

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
I do like that function ...

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
I was just looking at SIVA's stats ... I knew you liked Smashing Pumpkins S-Dowg ... but not that much!

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
but lol he has got a long way to catch up to the no#1 sp fan on there who has 5000 plays of sp

--------------------

-

SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
lmao wait until the summer when I will listen to music non stop lmao......heheh last summer I listened to SP for a block of nearly 10hours a day for a week.......well maybe not this summer since I got summer school and that will take too many ohours out of my day :-(.......oh yeah and the percentage is higher for my self slightly over 50% lol if I were really bad I could probably run some significance tests on these numbers.....

[ April 24, 2003, 16:59: Message edited by: SIVA ]

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
is my sig like disabled in this section or something?

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*