Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » the new deftones album!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the new deftones album!!!
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
......is fucking amazing!!! iout of the 5 tracks ive heard, i dare say its better than white pony....to download it: http://www.simplemp3s.com/albums/legalpopups/deftones.htm

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.26 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the new deftones album...... is greb rok shti! no offense arkan, if you like rock try some rock with emotion not sellability!

they were nothing more than aerage at download, altho i think there new shit is betta than the old stuff!

Posts: 2055 (0.25 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (8124 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shueny302     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got that today, but i think i prefer white pony over this one

this cd seems extremely short to me :-/

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 222 (0.02 per day) | Registered: May 2003 (7676 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by X:
the new deftones album...... is greb rok shti! no offense arkan, if you like rock try some rock with emotion not sellability!

you want hard rock? go dip your head in a bucket full of acid

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.26 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate the deftones

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (0.9 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (8310 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athanasia  
Nobody said kindness was manditory...
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athanasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White Pony was the best, still is the best Deftones album....I've heard a few songs off the new album, its alright..But White Pony is still the best...No matter what you say [Razz] The Deftones are great overall though... [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1593 (0.19 per day) | From: Canada - Where the morons live. | Registered: Jun 2002 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
ahh maybe thats true, i like all the songs on the new album, but "change", "Digital Bath", "Pink Maggit" are unsurpassable

--------------------

-

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at least hardcore rock skirts away from pop! and from those pathetic grebs! cant they just stay and get bullied in school instead of littering the towns as walking billboards to shit - metal bands!
Posts: 2055 (0.25 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (8124 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that song "Minerva"...

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (8015 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by X:
at least hardcore rock skirts away from pop! and from those pathetic grebs! cant they just stay and get bullied in school instead of littering the towns as walking billboards to shit - metal bands!

hard rock is cool, until it gets to the point of screaming which is torture rather than artisitic

--------------------

-

shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shueny302     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by X:

pff, i prefer deftones over 'pig destroyer' anyday. i mean, yeah they are being 'individuals' and making music that not that many people like (with good reason), but in my opinion, like ska, it all sounds the damn same. they seem to have to scream all their 'angst' into a microphone JUST to be an idividual, like every other 'hard core' band out there, and garble their words to the point that you can even decipher how bad the lyrics are

just my opinion

i love you

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 222 (0.02 per day) | Registered: May 2003 (7676 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arkan:
hard rock is cool, until it gets to the point of screaming which is torture rather than artisitic[/QB]

i agree, ive never been a big fan of "hard rock" as much of the music has little meaning or thought to it. There is some excellent hard rock music tho.
Posts: 4159 (0.49 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shueny302:
like ska, it all sounds the damn same.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (0.9 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (8310 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ska = Crap

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.64 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (7887 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
Ska = Crap

this coming from an 80's rock buff

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shut. Up.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.64 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (7887 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
excellent, now lardso has come out on top

--------------------

-

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
annie, i told u before its not the words you listen to its the meaning behind the song and the emotion, its like art, take the far left hardcore (former) band swallowing shit songs on anti abprtion! you know what there about and thusly with a trained ear can pick out the words however its not important! the riffs and emotion are all that counts!

love you 2 annie!

shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
annie, i told u before its not the words you listen to its the meaning behind the song and the emotion, its like art, take the far left hardcore (former) band swallowing shit songs on anti abprtion! you know what there about and thusly with a trained ear can pick out the words however its not important! the riffs and emotion are all that counts!

love you 2 annie!

how can you have a meaning behind a song without the words? i can understand the emotion judging by a song, but how could you know the meaning of a song when there is nothing explaining it? that's why i hate so much modern art, a picture of a dot on a blank canvas is NOT art. if i can paint it, it must not be good, and should not be worth $29384732984723. completely off the subject, but oh well haha.

but whatever, i don't care what you listen to. i listen to shit that sooooo many people hate (haha steve/ben, queen of the damned soundtrack) and they just don't hear it like i do, so i'll let you use that as your excuse too [Razz]

oh and abprtion isn't a word

nor is 2

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
the queen of the damned soundtrack is brill... yet again a soundtrack saves an otherwise shit movie from complete rejection by my memory.

--------------------

-

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
were we listening to the same soundtrack????? nu-metal shit -o- rama fest!

open your mind annie! of course theres explanation, its in the tital and the blurb that goes with the album!

theres a reason why dot art is so expensive becasue it has a poetic "real" meaning! also art is fashion so ppl pay for names like given a choice of 2 identical pairs of trousers, one by dolce and gabbana and the other by marks and spencer which would you buy?? the designer of course! thats why you couldn't paint a dot and sell it for loads!

and come on annie youve known me for long enough now to know how i type!

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
were we listening to the same soundtrack????? nu-metal shit -o- rama fest!

Exactly

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
ska doesnt equal crap!

such bands like jesse james, sola beat alliance (formerly spankboy!) all good!

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.91 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LeoX:
ska doesnt equal crap!

Yes it does.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
quote:
ska doesnt equal crap!

Yes it does.
its better than 80s metal

--------------------
 -

Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Ma$oN-:
QUOTE]its better than 80s metal

Prepare for eternal damnation.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (8015 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mirai:
Prepare for eternal damnation.

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
you guys can continue to listen to your twisted sister and Motley Crue if you want

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
but we all know your stuck in the past and refuse to accept that music has moved on and dumped you!
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Ma$oN-:
you guys can continue to listen to your twisted sister and Motley Crue if you want

I didnt say ALL 80's metal was good.
And besides, you told me you own a Maiden album.

quote:
but we all know your stuck in the past and refuse to accept that music has moved on and dumped you!

Yes, music has moved on. But not only has it moved on, it's gotten crappier.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*