Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Maynard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maynard
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I still love Kurt...for those of you who remember....but anyway I have found a new love, and that is Maynard James Keenan. I started with Lateralus, by Tool. Then went on to AEnima, Undertow, and Opiate, and then bought Mer de Nom....a Perfect Circle. I listen to them so much....

Does anyone else like them?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NUTSKIN  
Member # 173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NUTSKIN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tool is an awsome band. Their music seems to have a seperation then the rest of the industry. Their style is so unique that you know when you hear a Tool song...to sum all that shit up. THEY KICK ASS!

A Perfect Circle is awsome also, seemed more laid back then Tool but is an awsome band non the less. Very cool guitar riffs in some of their songs...

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: NUTSKIN ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 321 (0.04 per day) | From: The Great Trailer State TN | Registered: Aug 2001 (6491 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_BaByGiRl  
Member # 438

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_BaByGiRl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm assuming that you guys know that the lead singer for tool's side project is a perfect circle? he is the lead singer for both

--------------------
 -

Posts: 701 (0.11 per day) | From: dallas | Registered: Mar 2002 (6260 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mistress Malice  

Bitchy McSarcasm

Member # 342

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistress Malice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i heard that trent reznor and the guy from tool are going to make a new band together. i dont remember the name. ill ask my sis (who loves the both of them)

--------------------
You pushed me into the dark pit of despair you had dug for yourself

-

Even now as I lie dead, I know it's only some wonderful dream

Posts: 4075 (0.63 per day) | From: none of your business | Registered: Nov 2001 (6386 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Yes I know alot about Maynard. I have every Tool album but Salival, which is more of a live/compilation cd. I also have "Mer de Nom" from a Perfect Circe.

Now Danny Lohner (from NiN) played a bit with A Perfect Circle. Reznor and Maynard? Not heard of this....and neither has my cousin, a Nine Inch Nails freak. However, I would like that.

Mistress Malice  

Bitchy McSarcasm

Member # 342

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistress Malice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just asked my sister, and she says that the name of the band maynard and trent are going to form is called "the tapeworm project" she doesnt know when it is going to be released though. so there u go rock on. hehe

--------------------

-

Posts: 4075 (0.63 per day) | From: none of your business | Registered: Nov 2001 (6386 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

I'm not so sure.....

"(about Maynard)He has recorded a song currently known as "Vacant" with members of Nine Inch Nails, due in late 2001 as part of the "Tapeworm" project."

So it looks as if he just recorded a song, not formed a band....however I would not mind either way

Mistress Malice  

Bitchy McSarcasm

Member # 342

Member Rated:
well there was this thing where trent and maynard got into this fight bc maynard used one of the songs from tapeworm in his tour with the perfect circle. i dunno if it was resolved or not.

--------------------

-

Silent Bob  
Regular
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Maynard, Tool simply towers over everything it's associated with (nu-metal). The same goes for NIN, Reznor is a genius.

--------------------
A.K.A. Mirai

-

Come down
Get off your fucking cross
We need the fucking space
To nail the next fool martyr

-

Posts: 199 (0.03 per day) | From: Liberty City | Registered: Apr 2002 (6238 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

omg so you like NiN? and Tool...maybe A Perfect Circle? and Kurt? And ozzy?

sigh

John  
Member # 504

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for John         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahaha, you poor fools salival is the most amazing album they have ever done with a live version of pushit that is so unlike the other its genius, you are fools not to own this true gem of musical genius. it simply is the best thing to ever grace this earth and i have and i love and noone else can have it.

--------------------
what is this but my reflection

John, only considering the important things

only speaking the truth

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: the HooD klAn | Registered: Apr 2002 (6232 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

I have looked everywhere for salival, and can't find it I own all the rest however
ShaGi_EZ_RiDEr  
Member # 455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaGi_EZ_RiDEr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...damn...

i wish more of you were into hip hop...i can't stand stuff like tool...i've tried to force myself to listen to it but it just gets me all pissed off

--------------------
 -

Posts: 315 (0.05 per day) | Registered: Mar 2002 (6254 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

omg if any of my friends heard you say that....

I won' tell them

Silent Bob  
Regular
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dejango:
omg so you like NiN? and Tool...maybe A Perfect Circle? and Kurt? And ozzy?

sigh

Yeah...?

What's your point?

--------------------

A.K.A. Mirai

-

Come down

-

Posts: 199 (0.03 per day) | From: Liberty City | Registered: Apr 2002 (6238 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

just found this post sorry for the confussion....

not many people where I live like the same kind of music as I do, most are in to punk or rap or pop or country, so I am kind of out of luck when it comes to my type of music...

Ma$oN  
Member # 224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ma$oN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Dej
me n nathan have the same taste of music as you do

and i have salival

--------------------

MaSoN

-
Thanks for the sig MC!

Have you ever needed some one so bad?

Have you ever loved someone...

You just couldnt have...

Did you ever tried so hard?

That your world just fell apart...

Have you ever needed someone so bad?....

-

Posts: 1362 (0.21 per day) | From: LUBBOCK, TEXAS | Registered: Sep 2001 (6454 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent Bob  
Regular
Member # 484

quote:
Originally posted by Dejango:
just found this post sorry for the confussion....

not many people where I live like the same kind of music as I do, most are in to punk or rap or pop or country, so I am kind of out of luck when it comes to my type of music...

Ah, cool... and about Ozzy, I'm really more of a fan of Black Sabbath than Ozzy's solo career.

--------------------

A.K.A. Mirai

-

Come down

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*