Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Horizon Library   » Horizon Old Forums Archive   » Lightning Ra Strategy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lightning Ra Strategy
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ra Lightning Strategy

First let take a look at some of the advantages of RA for lightning.

For One, Ra's preists can empower, which will increase your eco greatly in lightning, since you can only have 25 villies, 5 fishing ships, and 5 trade carts.

That said i will get right into the start, and cover soem of the techs that might prove useful as we go along.

Depending on the map you willeither want to go to bushes first, or chickens first and build a granary with your preist empowering( or you pharo doesnt matter) and of course if the map has neither of these (sahvana is the one i think that don't have either) go to the nearest hunging ground. If you are playing a water map, take your preist (or pharo) and build a dock, and leave him their to keep empowering it.

From here on out though, i will be assuming NO water, later i will go in and plug in a few mistakes in this if this is a water map you are playing on.

with the villies you get build the granary, and with the next villie out of tc have him build a house, and then go to collecting food, the next villie should build a monument, so to start favor gathering so when you hit herioc, you can build ROC and scout other persons base and use a GP, more coming later about that. with the next villie out of the TC have him build a mining camp next to you gold spot, however leave a little space between it and the gold mine, so to reduce the idle time the villies have between gathering and despositing, have your preist (or pharo depdning on which you used for granary) to empower this building, the next two villies should go onto gathering gold, then take one of your food villies and build a Temple, by this time your chickens/berries may be running out, start building farms. Once your temple is up, produce another preist and have him and a villie go make a lumber camp, the next few villies should go with him on wood. By this time you will be out of berries/chickens, move all of those villies to farms with a preist (pharo) empowering TC. Make 2-3 more villies and put them on gold At this point you should be able to go to the Classical Age. Do so, using Ptah as you god(well at least that is who i use)

Once in Classical age, put up 2 Barraks and an Amory, as well make the rest of your villies, when all is said and done with villie making, you want to have about 8 on each resource, i usually put the one extra as advance builder, and i usualy take one of the gold guys with him, and i bring the pharo along. Upgrade to Medium Slingers ASAP, and start pumping them out, as well upgrade to Medium spear and produce them. When you can advance to Heroic age, using the God Hathor, his GP and MU will come into play VERY SOON.

Once in Herioc make a ROC, and send him to your oppenents TC once there cast Locus, and right after doing this Cast Rain, that way he can not use as much as this to help him as well..now remember those foward builders they should be claiming a TC in the middle of the map right now then pop up some barraks, also build a Market with some of your villies at your base in the corner of the map if possible, so you can set up that trade ASAP, you will need that gold. Upgrade your units to Heavy Units, as well start getting the Attack upgrades at armory, also try and research Electrum Bullets Myth Tech researched at barraks to help your slingers..now just keep preasure on your oppenent. try and advance to Mythic as soon as your can, but do now advance to quickly and leave yourself weak to an attack, i usually advance to Mythic between 6:30-7:30. I usualy use Osiris as my God for advancing to Mythic

Once you get there remember me telling you to advance build with your pharo?, well now its time to cast Son of Osiris on him, aslo build a temple at your foward base to pump out some preists, get up a midgol stronghold soon if you can, if not just keep upgrading your units, and get some seige shops and build seige towers, and just run over your opposition [Smile]

The End, i will probably go back and edit this later and include names of techs and stuff you should research first and stuff as well continue on what to do on water maps ect [Smile] enjoy

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6528 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*