Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Horizon Library   » Reference   » ww2 game notes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ww2 game notes
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This game will have ALOT more diplomacy and random event invovlment

I will be a full mod (i wont be a nation) and ill be doing random events/news reports etc.. each turn

Players will have ALOT more input on how the world events turn out.

Battles will take slightly longer to complete, since remeber players this is WW2, most soldiers WALK to battle, very few soldiers ride in vehicles

and the vehicles of this era are slow and unreliable so don't expect anymore "Tanks roll across invaded nation in one day" type battles as seen in the modern games..

Research will also play a HUGE part since the nations start with NO naval units, players will have to research all their classes.

Since WW2 had sooo manyyyy units players will be able to 'research' (unlock) units that they don't start with

For example:

Germany doesnt start with the King Tiger tank, to 'unlock it', the player will have to research a new "Tank Unit" and specific they want the King Tiger

you can do this with any unit that isn't included in the start

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-player nations will also have 'intellgence' in this game

Players may try to get NP-nations to join their alliances, conduct joint attacks etc..

NP-Nations may even send units out to assist players

But they may also conduct wars (although most likely they wont be able to attack player nations unless they are attacked first)

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define "dipolmacy", every game that we do has more "diplomacy", but it usually means our attack is put on hold for 1 to 2 hours.

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.25 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6127 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
it means that players will have alot more contact with the other players and np-nations

and i hope this game has more RPG element

(players writing more than just "declare war on ___" and acutally writing something up)

and (hopefully this game at least!) some kind of 'role playing' element in the form of the player's writing up little stories to describe their motives?

Believe it or not, that was the whole idea of this wargame to me, a way for people to "RPG" with firepower...

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, you kick ass.

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.25 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6127 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachMan  
Member # 783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZachMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest that instead of having each turn as a number have it on a time scale, such as Turn 1 meaning "January, 1936". Each turn should be a month. That is fairly probably, in some places divisions can be created in a month, tanks, planes etc can be built in months. Think of the better possiblities with a time frame, mainly organization, but possibly someone might want to make an after action report, or write a story at the end. Having dates will make things more interesting and fun.

I want feedback on this idea.

Thinking of dates, the game starts in 1936 right?

--------------------
 -

S.S. Normandie, the pride of France

Posts: 710 (0.12 per day) | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Mar 2003 (5914 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amon Savag  
Just Popped In
Member # 920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amon Savag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Gives ZachMan feedback on his Idea*

Is this what you were looking for? [Razz]

--------------------
THere was this chink at my school...He ate at the same table as I...And he ate a burger...true story (The chink is friend)

Posts: 11 (0 per day) | Registered: Jul 2003 (5766 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachMan  
Member # 783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZachMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I believe we will have another four months of empty space in this area of the forum. [Frown]

--------------------
 -

S.S. Normandie, the pride of France

Posts: 710 (0.12 per day) | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Mar 2003 (5914 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*