Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » AOMPRO   » DM Forum   » OK VOTE HERE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK VOTE HERE
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok sicne i have people complaining about not waiting long enough here is a new vote..there is no poll...you vote here you may only reply to this post ONCE and may only put the name of the person you are voting for, anything otehr than that WILL BE EDITED OUT and ONLY AOKPRO members replay to this...anyones elses POST WILL BE DELETED...the top 4 from this will go to another vote unless there is a runaway for one person on this thread then that peson will be declared winner...and if you people want to complain about the rules of this post take them up with me NOT with the moderator of this forum..he is just doing what i asked of him

this is mason talking, there will be no sympathy for rule breakers, ciao

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: -BiSIYIaRCk- ]

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6533 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well put hodda, i would have been a lot harsher with these people well anyway i want bismarck because he is cool

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.16 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweepZ  
Member # 149

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweepZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I VOTE TANG! EVERYONE VOTE TANG!

--------------------
Laziness is a prize not a fault
U told me not to daydream...well dont be so boring
Nothing gold can stay
Sick and tired of all this christmas cheer.

Posts: 692 (0.1 per day) | From: MICHIGAN | Registered: Jun 2001 (6526 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, whilst I believe Teapot has done an admirable job at trying to organize this Aokpro Admin thing I think that we are going at it a little too fast to be fair to all the old members.

When I initially read the nominee topic I was unaware that all the members here at Horizon were not able to vote. That is why I stated that Dejango or Mason would prolly win as they have gained allot of support as of late with their recent increased posting at this site.

Since this is not the case and only the true aokpro people are able to vote I believe that someone should be selected who remembers the old site and all of are old ways/traditions in order to keep the dream/community alive. Allow me too summarize all the pros/cons

pros

Dejango - Thousands of posts as of late indicates new enthusiasm and interest in this site. The qualifications by Arkan indicates, “posts allot” to be a criteria.

Mason – Exactly as above as well he has shown his ability to take a moderator position seriously to the point of picking no favourites and editing/deleting unwanted posts.

Duck Fat – He has been as admin for almost a half a year here and knows what it is like to deal/work with the admin that have somehow already been named by Arkan.

Nutskin – He seems serious enough to want to stay here more and genuinely seems to want to keep Aokpro alive. I know I believe him when he says he will try to do the right thing for us all.

Tang – We all know he could be a top candidate as when he dedicated himself to something he goes all the way and does a top notch job. Only in this case I believe he was only kidding and was not seriously considering this post.

Teapot – He is good with making sites and is helpful and down right too nice online sometimes. He has proven himself to be an excellent mod in a number of occasions. Hell he even lost his G/F here because he spends too much time online.

Stoner – He is the front runner imo. He will not bow down to the other admins and will do what is right to keep aokpro what is was and what is can be in the future. No one would ever call him a ‘yes man’.

Cons

Dejango - He has came and left aokpro so many times I do not know if he has the stamina to continue to upkeep up the traditions of aokpro.

Mason – He has also came and left here a few times and I would like to see/hear some guarantees about his long-term involvement with aokpro.

Duck Fat – He would have been a shoe-in if he did not threaten to leave after losing his adminship. If he would not have posted that would he already be an admin and not 2D who he had problems working with in the past?

Nutskin – He would be a good choice but I question any of us that leaves without a word for months at a time. I would like to see him Mod a few forums first to see what kind of a job he does.

Tang – I believe he accepted in jest and until I see/hear otherwise I will continue to treat this as such

Teapot – Like I said above in the pros section he is too nice at times. He might not be able to stick to his guns. Some would say he has the potential to be too much of a yes man where we need a strong leader to get our share of the say here at this site.

Stoner – He would be very controversial and confrontational. I have no doubt that spammers would be punished and other admins toes would be stepped on. Would he weed out some of the other admins or simply rip this site apart?

We should hear some campaigning from these candidates. I would surely step down and out of this race if I could feel that aokpro would not be forgotten and shattered if we picked the wrong guy for this job. Hell I would even endorse someone I felt could replace me as an admin at this site and not miss a beat on keeping the values of the aokpro we once had.

Forget the voting for now and let these potential admins speak their mind and make their campaign promises before we have some hasty poll again.

I do not agree with how the admins have been selected so far so lets try to do the right thing here at aokpro and select the right guy for the long term and do it publicly for all to see not in some closed door meeting on a chat room somewhere.

We have been forum dwellers for allot longer than most here and here we will show them how to hold a fair, just, legitimate election.

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.36 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6558 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^^XpLiCiT^^  
Member # 133

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^^XpLiCiT^^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many hard decisions. I pick...

Trevor I guess.

--------------------
Somedays I sit staring out the window, watchin' this world pass me by
Sometimes I think there's nothin' to live for. I almost break down and cry.
Sometimes I think I'm crazy. I'm crazy, oh so crazy. Why am I here? Am I just wasting my time
But then I see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy. It all makes sense when I look into her eyes.

*Morse Code Beeps*
Dre: Marshall... it sounds like an SOS!
Eminem: Holy whack unlyrical lyrics Andre! You're fuckin' right!
Dre: To the rap mobile!

A good friend would come get you out of jail. A really good friend would already be in your cell saying, "That was fucking awesome!"

Posts: 1722 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2001 (6533 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St0NeR  
Member # 132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for St0NeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pick myself so the hand of god ( x ) can come down and strike upon all that are weak and begin with shagi!

--------------------
 -
Telling a shagi not to be gay is like god coming down from the heavens, it just wont happen..-St0NeR 2002

Posts: 1725 (0.26 per day) | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2001 (6533 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daveacious  
Member # 48

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daveacious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if konan isnt in it then i vote tang. so my vote isnt official ok.

--------------------
im back bitches

Posts: 719 (0.1 per day) | From: Orange County, California | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choose Dejango myself...

Konan, I haven't come and left...

I left Arkan's forum once, for Fade's forum, as you did, seeing that he had AOMPRO. I thought that was where AOKPRO was going...

Same with Mason, that I know of

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^^XpLiCiT^^  
Member # 133

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^^XpLiCiT^^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St0NeR:
I pick myself so the hand of god ( x ) can come down and strike upon all that are weak and begin with shagi!

I'll make a note of that. (Note to self: St0NeR would like me to beat Shagi into a bloody pulp)

--------------------
Somedays I sit staring out the window, watchin' this world pass me by
Sometimes I think there's nothin' to live for. I almost break down and cry.
Sometimes I think I'm crazy. I'm crazy, oh so crazy. Why am I here? Am I just wasting my time
But then I see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy. It all makes sense when I look into her eyes.

*Morse Code Beeps*
Dre: Marshall... it sounds like an SOS!
Eminem: Holy whack unlyrical lyrics Andre! You're fuckin' right!
Dre: To the rap mobile!

A good friend would come get you out of jail. A really good friend would already be in your cell saying, "That was fucking awesome!"

Posts: 1722 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2001 (6533 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if AokPro is moving to other forum..it doesnt matter..so we should not recieve and admin here

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6533 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WaLdO Administrator 
Boing Boing
Member # 576

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WaLdO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shagi=teh roxor

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 2987 (0.48 per day) | From: OkiE PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6192 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*