Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Gaming   » Games Related Talk   » Portland man in 27-hour Asteroids marathon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Portland man in 27-hour Asteroids marathon
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akuma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost 20 years since the last arcade game marathon world record attempt, Bill Carlton of Portland, Oregon, recently set his sights on Scott Safran's 1982 Asteroids world record at the Ground Kontrol Arcade in Portland. Carlton had notched up some 12.7 million points when, after 27 hours of play, the aging arcade machine malfunctioned and brought his record attempt to an abrupt end. According to Walter Day, editor of Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records, Carlton would have needed to play for more than two more days to beat Safran's score of 41 million.

"Long-range, high-scoring marathons like Carlton's were the meat and potatoes of the video gaming world back in the early '80s," said Day, who personally organized many such marathons for Twin Galaxies back in the classic age of gaming. "You were deemed a star if you could take a game for days on a single quarter. It brought tremendous prestige, and everybody tried to master their favorite game and marathon it."

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/asteroids/news_6092501.html

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Posts: 1232 (0.2 per day) | From: esusryesaeras | Registered: Apr 2003 (5867 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duck_Fat Administrator 
Fear The Duck
Member # 179

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck_Fat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats insane

--------------------
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen Roberts

"Relationships are so easy thanks to the internet.. you can establish and destroy them at the touch of a few keys! It all starts with 3 letters, asl and ends with stfu!"

"sir you're drunk"
"Madame, youre ugly, tomorrow i will be sober and you will remain ugly"

-Winston Churchill and the Duchess of York

-
 -

Posts: 3501 (0.53 per day) | From: maui, hawaii | Registered: Aug 2001 (6486 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*