Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Gaming   » Games Related Talk   » Official Gaming Discussion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Official Gaming Discussion
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akuma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to start an ongoing discussion on games. flaming will be aloud, but if it goes out of hand i'll edit the posts.

i want to start off with half life 2. my thought on it are that it is crap. when people buy fps games for the pc, what do they do? they just play multiplayer. with far-cry and half-life 2, they say the ai is really good. do u need ai if 98% of the game is going to be used for online gameplay. [feedback]

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Posts: 1232 (0.21 per day) | From: esusryesaeras | Registered: Apr 2003 (5768 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sturm  
Member # 452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ummmm actually i really enjoyed the half life single player, it was very interesting and it was one of the few games that actually made me jump at points. it had good level design, good ai for the time, it was just a fun all around game. it would be a waste of your money if you only played the multiplayer.

--------------------
Those Who Fear the Darkness Have Never Seen What the Light Can Do
 -

Posts: 697 (0.11 per day) | From: Solamnia | Registered: Mar 2002 (6154 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akuma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i would choise between hl2, doom3, or halo2. halo 2. its a console so i dont have to worry about my system's specs and its multiplayer.

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Posts: 1232 (0.21 per day) | From: esusryesaeras | Registered: Apr 2003 (5768 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sturm  
Member # 452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a console gamer i would have to agree with you, but i mean if i had a great pc and a xbox i would definetly take hl2 over the other 2

--------------------
Those Who Fear the Darkness Have Never Seen What the Light Can Do
 -

Posts: 697 (0.11 per day) | From: Solamnia | Registered: Mar 2002 (6154 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

i would still go for halo2 even with the best pc. speaking of consoles, xbox2 or ps3? psp, ds, or n-gage 2?

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, HL2 will be pretty equal in both SP and MP. I know that I don't play MP first thing when I get a new game, I play the SP to play through that - and I usually play it multiple times.

MP is really kinda' an after though to most creators, except for CS, for which I am thankful.

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6025 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consoles are weak in my mind, PC's are the best gaming platforms around. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6025 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah plus PC's can be used for other stuff too, and all the games and movies are free [Wink]

[ 22. May 2004, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: -ReDeeMeR ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6478 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

i would pay 150 for a ps2 then pay 1500 for a pc. the ps2 has better graphics too. games for multi-platform, like ture crime, need for speed underground, and thug(tony hawk pro skater underground), the console version r better looking. ever 6 mounths, computers get outdated while it takes 5 years for conules. u talk about free games, u can download ps2 and xbox games and burn them for free. i was playing earler today and peaople were talking about fps. one had 150fps. the most i had was 50, i dont see a differness between 20 and 50, so y buy the costly cards

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Sigos_Scorpio Administrator 
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiho!
Ive been playing Socom / Socom2 online now almost year. and yes its PS2 online game. So far i been quite hooked in it. and yeh graphics are ok. Besides there no "machine advantage" cause all got same power in "machine"..only thing is lag, players with bad connection..but thats in pc games aswell. Its easier just insert dvd rom in and push button and start playing online ...with ergonomic pad, than hammer your mouse and keyboard in difficult position, face in screen, LOOL. I got pc games too, but still like more console, cause its easy to use. no installing...dl patches...etc. So other opinions?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5849 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*