Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » Bravest soldiers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bravest soldiers
Mighty Cranium  
Member # 129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Cranium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm well I see this forum is looking for topics . Well I'm not big on politics but as a patriotic Canadian I know a fair bit about Canadian military history ... And I'm actually under the impression that through out history's great wars ( mainly WWI & WWII) Canada's soldiers have always proved themselves on the field of battle , and I truely believe historically they were the bravest soldiers to set foot on a battlefield .... In case your in doubt I will give you an example.

WWI vimy ridge, several other countries sent in troops to try and take this stronghold from the Germans but after being gased failed to gain any ground at all and were forced to retreat . As a last ditch effort the allied forces sent in a squad of Canadian soldiers who firmly held thier ground while being gased , and not only did they gain ground after the gas attack but they took the ridge >>GG Canada<< there's several stories like this I could post here about Canada's heroism during the great wars but I'll wait for some other people to post who they think are histories bravest and stongest warriors
CANADA

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: Mighty Cranium ]

--------------------
So full of air
So full of anything
Unsuitable scrap iron
sweepings in the ground
Flies in the house

Posts: 3871 (0.6 per day) | From: I am CANADIAN | Registered: Jun 2001 (6440 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShaGi_ThuGz Administrator 
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaGi_ThuGz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best example was ypres the Canadians held their position for 3 days with Chlorine gas a weapon they couldnt do anything to stop as well as taking on constant German attacks until British reenforcements were available....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4404 (0.69 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001 (6332 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaGi_ThuGz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vimy was a great win when the creeping barrage was used for the first time by firingthe artillery while the men advanced keeping the Germans heads down and not firing into the Canadian ranks the Canadians were able to win a close quarters battle and push the Germans back thanks to Arthur Currie for this one he saved our bacon....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4404 (0.69 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001 (6332 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bravest soldiers

the British Army Gurkhas
(they're not British though, lol)

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6450 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, canadians were VERY brave...but so were the ausies ~_~
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bravest... hmmmmmmmmmm i say anyone who puts their life in dangers way to protect freedom is brave......

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-dkumral600-  
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -dkumral600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 US soldiers were killed in a heli-copter crash in afghanistan, they were brave...

--------------------
 -

-dk-

Posts: 2207 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2001 (6455 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marib Hashib  
Member # 252

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marib Hashib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The inniskillen troops

It was an irish regiment that was under Wellington, Napoleon said had it not been for the irish, he would have won the battle.

All the best
Marib Hashib

[ August 06, 2002, 21:46: Message edited by: Marib Hashib ]

--------------------
 -

yahoo: maribhashib
msn: Maribhashib@hotmail.com
aim: Maribhashib1234

Posts: 913 (0.14 per day) | Registered: Sep 2001 (6341 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
The first Spanish to land in South America were brave 124 of them with 6 horses forcing back over 30000 tobascans. Sure the Tobascans macana shattered upon striking the Spanish armor but to fight back 30000 and be willing to fight is amazing. The Canadian Vandooz (not sure of spelling) a French Canadian divison in WW1 were the pinnacle of a lethal and brave fighting force. The French Foreign legion is also a quite skilled and brave fighting force....

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

Almost anyone who goes through a revolution (the revolutionaries) are brave
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Or radically insane look at the french revolution the innocents who lived through it were brave the leaders were insane. They wanted to kill the guy who made the guilotine with the guilotine because it killed too fast and didn't make people suffer don't you think thats nuts? the people who led it weren't brave the were simply sick in the head....

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

not all the leaders were nuts
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
In the end most were since the ones who said "come on guys this is enough" were guilotined for "attempting to bring down the revolution" lol if someone said the revolution was bad or going too far was subjected to the mob and the guilotine so most of the smart ones either spoke out and were "taken care of" but in my opinion the smartest ones were the ones who never said shit and kept their heads lol....

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

You are thinking only of the French Revolution....but are denying the fact of the Russian, American, Hungarian, etc. etc. etc. They knew that they would die and yet the went on fighting
Marib Hashib  
Member # 252

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marib Hashib     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All revolutions, I think, are brutal, because usually it happens soon after hard times and long oppression,people are hardened by the times and they're feeling of vengeance nearly always goes further than anyone really wants.

The french rev. happened after many bad harvests, it wouldnt have been as brutal if the harvests hadnt failed the years before.

All the best
Marib Hashib

--------------------
 -

Posts: 913 (0.14 per day) | Registered: Sep 2001 (6341 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -dkumral600-:
2 US soldiers were killed in a heli-copter crash in afghanistan, they were brave...

errr.....why? because they wore a uniform? died? I dont see it.

There is no one group of the bravest soldiers. Soldiers arent brave because they are soldiers. Bravest people would have been more appropriate. History is littered with acts of bravery even if they were for a wrong cause.

Ive been to Vimy. It is one of those places they gave to the country who fought there. Vimy Ridge isnt in France it is in Canada. The area is canadian soil, the french gave it to them.

--------------------
"Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! ....If there's ever going to be any progress--

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here."

Posts: 1206 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2001 (6454 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Thanks Europia =) personally i think one of the most rage filled revolutions had to be the Russian revolution....

--------------------
 -

Marib Hashib  
Member # 252

Member Rated:
yeah, they were pretty vicous.

All the best
Marib Hashib

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

The Russian Revolution wasn't a revolution FOR communism, it was a revolution AGAINST the monarchy. The country was in shambles, and the people, who knew nothing of freedom or equality, saw communism as the ideal from the preachings of Lenin. But then the people learned their lesson under Stalin.
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Yeah when they overthrew the czar they were left wondering wtf to do next and it just so happens that Lenin was brought back from Siberia and he lead russia into Communism basically....

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

yes but a civil war raged in russia for a long time, white and red
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solidarity was brave (although not soldiers)
KGB killed many

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6342 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FaDeThEBuTcHeR  
Unregistered

American Army Rangers in Mogadishu, Somalia sent by their country to protect food shipments to a starving people that hated them. They gave their lives to try and help feed a people that despised them. Not to mention the facts these bloodthirsty parasites showed no appreciation whatsoever and downed an American helicopter and dragged their bodies through the streets mutilating them, these simple soldiers who only wanted to help a starving people.

After that, every damn Somalian on earth could die of starvation and I wouldnt care. We tried to help them and they slapped us down so they can all starve to death and burn in hell and all you Blame America whiners can provide their gravy train from now on and send in your soldiers to help these "innocent starving people".

FaDeThEBuTcHeR  
Unregistered

No wait I can't believe I forgot. How about the Texans fighting at the Alamo to their death against an army about 1000x there size? Yeah, I dont think I can think of any braver americans, well they really were americans, who fought to the bitter end in such a spirited way.

Remember the Alamo.

Whooped those Mexicans Ass didnt they. Go Texas.

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Leonidas' 500 Spartans taking on oh only a few hundred thousand Persians is a bit more brave =). Also the Canadian troops of Ypres, Vimy Ridge, Passchendale and Dieppe as well as Ortona really kicked ass as well....

--------------------
 -

svezos600  
Regular
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for svezos600         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say some of the bravest soilders were the Greek soilders at the battle of thermopolaye where they faced almost 2 mill persian and they had around 600 to 700 guys. They believed in fighting to the last man and only come home as winners never as losers they would rather die then lose almost like "Loyalty is my Honor".

--------------------
"From know on we will not say that Greeks are fighting like heroes but that heroes fights like Greeks"
_ ____ _ W.Churchill_ _ _
 -

Posts: 186 (0.02 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: Aug 2001 (6373 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

We have been talking about that ~_~. The Spartans mainly, with Leonadis, at Thermopyale. It was an incredible battle. A Spartan poem was written about the battle and went something like this.

"To the stranger wandering by,
Here a many valiant Spartan lie."

Or something like that.

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
"Or something like that" dude you are a poet in the flesh through and through lol....

--------------------
 -

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greek historians greatly exagerrated 2 million persians

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6342 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
wasn't it 350000? not 2million thats completely pushing it....

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to revive this thread

IMO history's bravest soldiers were the brave sons of Italy who fought in the 'Folgore' regiments

quote:
Operation Lightfoot launched on October 24, 1942, was designed to break through the supposed "weak" Italian-held southern sector of the Alamein line where the Bologna, Brescia, Folgore and Pavia Divisions anchored the right flank. The British attack began with a devastating artillery barrage, followed by an all out assault by the 7th Armored and 44th Infantry divisions. However, all that was achieved by the Commonwealth at a high cost of life and equipment was a small lodgment, which was soon to be regained. In the following assaults between October 25 and November 4, 1942 units such as the 50th, 7th, 44th divisions, 1st and 2nd Free French and the Royal Hellenic Brigades, supported by artillery and armor, had not broken nor would they break through the southern sector. The Folgore used all the means at their disposal including the tactic of letting the enemy advance into a "cul-de-sac" and then counterattacking from all sides. They also used their 47mm AT guns from enfilade positions and Molotov cocktails to knock out even Matildas and Grants. In the initial British assault alone the Folgore had managed to destroy over 120 armored vehicles, inflicting over 600 casualties.

In the end, during the Rommel-imposed retreat, the Folgore led several bayonet charges rather than surrender. The Folgore's fate was similar to that of the Bologna Inf.Div. which marched in the desert fifty hours without water, during the withdrawal from Alamein, chose to form a square against armor, holding the enemy off for many hours in the open, before surrendering exhausted and dying from dehydration. This, however, only after having beaten off three different assaults by infantry and armor in three days. Colonel Dall'Olio, commanding the Bologna, surrendered saying, "We are not firing because we haven't the desire but because we have spent every round." In a symbolic act of final defiance no one in the Bologna raised their hands.
The Folgore's fate was shared by the Bologna, Pavia, Trento, and the Brescia divisions. General Hughes of the 44th Infantry Division offered what was perhaps a simple and fitting eulogy for those truly extraordinary men, "I wish to say that in all my life I have never encountered soldiers like those of the Folgore."

They fought off Britsh tanks with nothing but their personal weapons and heroic courage...

AVANTI SAVOIA!

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Audie Murphy was one of the bravest soldiers of our time. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6034 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any soldier who stormed the beaches of normandy or fought on iwo jima
Posts: 4159 (0.64 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by pdykstra600:

i agree [Smile]

[ August 11, 2002, 02:34: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any soldier who deserted or refused to fight.

--------------------
"Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! ....If there's ever going to be any progress--

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here."

Posts: 1206 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2001 (6454 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pdykstra600:

Dido man.
[Wink]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6034 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt  
Visitor
Member # 665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 500 aussies who fought 10000 japanese in new guinea in ww2 to inflict japan's first land defeat of the war. But the british commander called them cowards for using guerilla tactics rather than a pitched battle. The japanese didnt have a word for retreat so they called an advance to the rear
Posts: 5 (0 per day) | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2002 (6013 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
in Ancient times Leonidas' Greeks of Thermopalae, modern the Canadians of Passchaendale, the Americans of Omaha and the Vietcong of Vietnam....

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking more into depth about the Italian under-sea commandos

I can say they are bravest soldiers

the sailors of the Decima Mas X and Under-Sea Frog Men Units of the Fascist Navy showed amazing courage and heroics as they sunk the evil, hated, capitalist, royalist evil Royal Navy

Avanti Savoia, Avanti Fascism [Cool] [Cool] [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Again with Italy?

[ September 16, 2002, 04:37: Message edited by: Shagi_Hamiro ]

--------------------
 -

Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hienz Guderian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
51st Highlander division at El Alamien. So fast and great was their advance, that they took British artillery. Also medics on D-Day, praised as bravest of the brave.

--------------------
If the panzers succeed, then victory will follow- Generaloberst Hienz Guderian, master of the Blitzkrieg.

Posts: 12 (0 per day) | Registered: Sep 2002 (5985 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to hard to take Artillery and Medics really.

From what I can tell, the Italians were actually used only by Romell to defend parts of the lines of least strategic importance, the afrika corps did most. Once Montgomery took over from his sucsessor, and the dismally failed US forces, his pure strategic genius and use of the new formed SAS brought about a new era of combat. The germans also had to defend Italy, once the Italians realised they were going to loose and swapped sides.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Swapped sides"

Only thet half-african scilians did this, northern italians fought on till the end [Wink]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kn ow, the black shirts, I is just stiring cos i know how much you love your mother country ... [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hienz Guderian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On medics: The German snipers picked them out and try to kill as many as possible.
On the Highlanders:The Brits always send 'em first, to do the fighting for them. (plus, i'm 1/3 scottish)

--------------------
If the panzers succeed, then victory will follow- Generaloberst Hienz Guderian, master of the Blitzkrieg.

Posts: 12 (0 per day) | Registered: Sep 2002 (5985 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hienz Guderian:
On medics: The German snipers picked them out and try to kill as many as possible.
On the Highlanders:The Brits always send 'em first, to do the fighting for them. (plus, i'm 1/3 scottish)

Not always .. but I could see why we sent them in first ... [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
I think some of the Bravest ever are the Gurkas ... they are like the best Jungle fighters ever, a few divisions of them in vietnam would have cleared up in no time. And unlike the highlanders who are cannon fodder [Wink] the british army often sends the gurkas in because they are so fucking good!

--------------------
 -

Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
Same with the scots. Just as good as the Gurkas. Much fiercer. In WW1, known as the devils in skirts. nSo there u bloody Brit. AYE. IM THE GBOTTO OF SCOTLAND. HE LIKES ITALY AND I LIKE SCOTLAND!

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
lol ... Scotland is part of Britian, so the scots are bloody Brits too. The parliment still reports to downing street.

You are to Scotland as Botto is to Italy as I am to England, apart from I am 100% English and I live here.

--------------------
 -

Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Hienz Guderian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE SOULDN'T BE!! [Mad] [anger] . SCOTLAND!
You Numpties from down south are boggin' and boughin' aye. Give us back the country you bampot. We got more bollocks than you do becuase you yahs. FUDS!!
AYE!!!!!!!!!
WILLIAM WALLACE!!!

--------------------

Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
The US save your ass in WW2. and monty was the worst general, yet he is your national hero. Go eat some crumpets you Yah.

--------------------

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now that was uncalled for.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
WE SOULDN'T BE!! [Mad] [anger] . SCOTLAND!
You Numpties from down south are boggin' and boughin' aye. Give us back the country you bampot. We got more bollocks than you do becuase you yahs. FUDS!!
AYE!!!!!!!!!
WILLIAM WALLACE!!!

LOL ... the funniest thing most scots have never heard of William Wallace unless they have seen the grosley un-historical farce of a film called Braveheart.
If you have more bollocks, why did you never get your freedom ... ? Why do you still report to Downing street?
I actually have nothing against the scots, but some of you have a serious inferiority complex and are prone to anti-English outbursts as such.

[ September 26, 2002, 23:34: Message edited by: Junglist ]

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
The US save your ass in WW2. and monty was the worst general, yet he is your national hero. Go eat some crumpets you Yah.

Well, lets think about this.
Your Scottish, they helped save us, because the German forces would have gone into Scotland too. You are half Jewish so your entire culture owes a debt to the world, especially America and Britain.
Your Jewish homeland is only your homeland because Britain gave it to you. Your homeland can only defend itself because of mainly American and English arms deals.

In the beginning stages of the war, even with the might of man power and industry the Americans had, which by means of attrition won the war, the American force did not have the logistical skills to mount landings in the Vichy and Nazi controlled northern Africa and needed British help.

In fact the American forces had played a very small roll in northern Africa because of their lack of Experience. Monty is not a national hero as such, but if it was not for Monty, beating Rommell … the supposed greatest General of all time the invasion of Italy would not have been possible during the summer. Which would have given the Axis powers more time to develop the latest rockets, planes and tanks, which would have been used on the battle fields of the east and the skies over England. Winning the war in Russia and loosing the platform for a French invasion that was England.

I am by no means playing down the role of the American forces, their actions in the pacific were simply amazing, especially for an as such un prepared navy and a fleet of subs that had absolutely no tactics as such at all.
If Monty had not won in Africa and the British code breakers at Bletchley with the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean, as I said before the invasion of Italy would not have been possible and bought the German forces more time.
If during the battle of Britain a place where Scots are a part of and who were fighting for our vastly out numbered fighters had not won there never would have been even chance for the Americans to come in and save not only Britain, but themselves and the rest of the world from the evil of Nazi Germany.

If you were such a fucking WWII buff as you said you would know this.

[ September 26, 2002, 23:48: Message edited by: Junglist ]

--------------------
 -

Hienz Guderian  
Just Popped In
Member # 677

Rate Member
Sorry about the british stuff. Still angry about the whole fac that they have our country. Now on to the War.
NA (north africa) had an even more critical point to it. The middle east. the Germans would have taken the oil fields there and would have had a better war econmy. As for the British help at torch. They only contributed to about half the landing force in one of the three task forces involved in the battle. Monty only won becuase hitler gave no tanks to Rommel and he had inferior tanks and was outnumber in the air. On your Italy theory: Also, a key person in the war would have been freed up. Kesselring, a defensive genius, waging one of, if not the, best defensive campaign of the war. Being Rommel's Superior in NA, Kesselring might have been in charge of the Atlantic defense instead of Rommel, who was an ofensive general. Kesselring might have constucted a better line and thrown the US and British forces back on D-Day. Also, would haev freed up over 1million men for Russia, which might haev stopped the russians, and if victory in NA was in 1942, the Italian garrison might have gone to Zitadel, and might have changed the result of the offensive. These are just my theories, but are crediable. Sorry about the british thing. No flaming the brits from now on.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*