Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » ●● CNN chief accuses Israel of terror ●●

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ●● CNN chief accuses Israel of terror ●●
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted Turner, the billionaire founder of CNN, accuses Israel today of engaging in "terrorism" against the Palestinians, in comments that threaten to lead to a further decline in the news network's already poor relations with the Jewish state.

"Aren't the Israelis and the Palestinians both terrorising each other?" says Turner, who is vice-chairman of AOL Time Warner, which owns CNN, in an exclusive interview with the Guardian.

"The Palestinians are fighting with human suicide bombers, that's all they have. The Israelis ... they've got one of the most powerful military machines in the world. The Palestinians have nothing. So who are the terrorists? I would make a case that both sides are involved in terrorism."

His remarks were last night condemned by Ariel Sharon's government, which called them "stupid". Andrea Levin, director of the American pro-Israeli media watchdog Camera, said the comments were a "reprehensible" attempt to "blur the line between perpetrator and victim".

In his first British interview since the September 11 attacks, Mr Turner - who broke philanthropic records in 1997 when he donated $1bn to the UN - argues that poverty and desperation are the root cause of Palestinian suicide bombings.

But Daniel Seaman, a spokesman for the Israeli government, said: "My only advice to Ted Turner is if people assume you are stupid, it is just best to keep your mouth shut rather than open your mouth and confirm everyone in that view."

Mr Turner also admits that he was wrong to call the September 11 hijackers "brave" in a speech in Rhode Island that sparked outrage. "I made an unfortunate choice of words," he says, adding that his ownership of the Atlanta Braves baseball team meant the word was never far from his mind. "Look, I'm a very good thinker, but I sometimes grab the wrong word ... I mean, I don't type my speeches, then sit up there and read them off the teleprompter, you know. I wing it."

Mr Turner is moved to tears at one point in the interview by the "depressing" combination of conflicts like that in the Middle East and the state of the environment, which he says demands massive global attention - "or, you know ... it's goodbye".

A senior minister in Yasser Arafat's cabinet told the Guardian he welcomed Mr Turner's comments. Many Palestinians complain just as bitterly of a pro-Israeli bias in CNN's coverage - mocking it as the "Zionist News Network" - as Israel complains of a pro-Palestinian one.

"I feel it reflects a more consistent approach," said Ghassan Khatib, Mr Arafat's newly appointed labour minister and until recently director of the Jerusalem Media and Communications Centre, a Palestinian media monitoring unit.

"One of the problems in trying to reduce the violence has been the focus of so much international attention on Israeli rather than Palestinian civilian deaths, although four times as many Palestinians have been killed."

CNN has been a punchbag for both sides. A widespread perception of bias among some Israelis and US supporters of Israel has prompted several boycotts by pressure groups, urging viewers to switch to Rupert Murdoch's Fox News channel. But three months ago, in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour, Mr Arafat slammed down the phone after accusing her of anti-Palestinian bias. "You are covering with these questions the terrorist activities of the Israeli occupation and the Israeli crimes," he said. "Be quiet. Be fair. Thank you, bye-bye."

Posts: 4159 (0.64 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch BBC for news on this crisis, they seem to have less of an anti-Palestinian bias, if any at all.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6073 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always watch BBC and sometimes CNN, I personally dont like either the palestinians or isrealis much, they are as bad as each other ...
FOX isnt to bad, but its done in weird American blockbuster colour over kill film, and they have annoying breaks. But BBC generally has some of the best coverage and programmes, such as hard talk, corespondant and simpsons world etc ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fox is awful. Every time I switch on its 'AMERICA AT WAR' or 'HOMELAND DEFENSE' or some other such dumb slogan.

Are americans really that brainwashed? Christ.

'Mr Arafat slammed down the phone after accusing her of anti-Palestinian bias. "You are covering with these questions the terrorist activities of the Israeli occupation and the Israeli crimes," he said. "Be quiet. Be fair. Thank you, bye-bye."'

I saw that live. Was funny. He was in a cellar with Israeli tanks firing at him and troops storming the building and she said something like "what are you doing to reign in the violence?" It wasnt suprising that he slammed it down.

The Israelis occuption is illegal and immoral. FREE PALESTINE.

Finished.

--------------------
"Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! ....If there's ever going to be any progress--

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here."

Posts: 1206 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2001 (6454 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Israelis occuption is illegal and immoral. FREE PALESTINE.

Yup, i agree.

Posts: 4159 (0.64 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Europia:
Fox is awful. Every time I switch on its 'AMERICA AT WAR' or 'HOMELAND DEFENSE' or some other such dumb slogan.

Are americans really that brainwashed? Christ.

Damn, I meant to add that ... cheers!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it is illegal and imorral, whereas suicide bombers are everyones best friend......
look at it this way, no more suicide bombers no more incursions into Palestinian terrirories and vice versa

why didnt you just call this topic
'everyone blames Isreal for everything'

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6450 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
I think they are about as bad as each other, I am fed up of hearing arguments from each side. At the end of the day neither side wants peace, this is blatantly obvious.

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suicide bombers are a product of the occupation, not the other way round. Try looking at the number of Palestinian dead and then number of Israeli, compare them.

Suicide bombers are wrong. Yes. Is killing innocent Palestinains the answer? No. Aslong as Israeli illegaly occupies the territories there will be the right environment for more suicide bombers.

--------------------
"Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! ....If there's ever going to be any progress--

Posts: 1206 (0.18 per day) | Registered: Jun 2001 (6454 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Israel commits terrorism too, not just Palestine which it seems like a lot of ppl think.
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Israel...America...same thing. Terrorism.

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
By the dictionary definition ... tell me when war isnt terrorism ...

ter·ror·ism Pronunciation Key (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Freedom Fighters to Afghanistan the United States, surely they arn't terrorists? with thier courage of bombing red cross shelters and hospitals? to help strike back at the evil Afghan civilians.......... err i mean Taliban....

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6450 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
in a war there will be civilian casualties, thats the way it is. If you want to make an argument like that, then i could say the same thing about your beloved england.

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: pdykstra600 ]

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
beloved? lol i hate this shithole, on the other hand you couldnt really make the same arguement, not using recent examples anyway

--------------------

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
"in a war there will be civilian casualties"

If you were to consider the US and 'terrorists' at war then 11/9 was the same.

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
yes, but the difference is that the terrorists intentionally targeted innocent civilians, whereas the civilians we killed were unintentional.
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Dropping a bomb is not an accident.

Did the pilots get confused by the red cross on top of the buildings?

You are ready to condemn Israel but when it comes to the US you totally change your beliefs.

RED WHITE AND BRAINWASHED.

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
oh im sorry europia, are we not allowed to strike back against the terrorists and the taliban after they struck us?
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
yeah pd i never trusted the red cross either

--------------------

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
First of all I suppose analysing why they attacked you would be too much trouble.

And did the Taliban attack you? Did Afghanistan attack you? Of course not. We are told (without the proof) that a man who MIGHT be in Afghanistan did it.

Oil and imperialism are the key words here pd.

Open your eyes for once.

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
the taliban was involved, they were harboring the terrorists, which is just as bad.

how many civilians did you kill kin WW2 when you firebombed the german cities?

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
I didn't kill any. I am not a patriot. I moan about Britain as much if not more than America. I in no way defend it.

America habours terrorists such as in Miama, does that mean Cuba should send B52's to flatten the place?

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
do you mean miami? what terrorists are we harboring there?
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
You are telling me that terrorist groups fighting against Cuba have never and still dont operate out of Miami?

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
i know that a large number of cuban exiles live there, although i dont know of any terrorist organizations operating out of there. I know there is a cuban democratic government living in miami in exile, but there not terrorists.
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a simple answer to this argument: Any country's use of force against another is terrorism. All of the aforementioned countries are equally guilty.

Now, it's expected that I have reasoning to back up this statement, but I don't. I'm not stating that all weapons should be destroyed, or whatever, that's just naive. I'm just saying that all of the countries mentioned in this argument thus far are terrorists. The world sucks.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6073 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
There is a large terrorist community which has operated out of Miami for many years. The US government says they are opressed and are dissidents when in fact they are opponents of freedom. Probably one of the worst examples was when they blew up a plane mid-air killing 73 civilians on board.

Since the Cuban revolution they've carried out many attacks aided by the United States government, eg the bay of pigs. Indeed there have even been allegations that the CIA used biological weapons against Cuba which aren't too far fetched.

A 'cuban democratic government' in exile? Oh yeah. Supported by the US right? Great. Bet the Cuban people can't wait to have that imposed on them.

Heres a fun fact, every member of the UN either voted against or abstained on the illegal US blockade of Cuba. The only nations voting in favour where America, Israel and the Marshall Islands. Thats terrorism.

--------------------

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
gimme a 'C' gimme an 'I' gimme an 'A' gimmme a 'CIA' lol

--------------------

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israelis are the terroists, the palestinans are freedom fighters

ALLAHU AKBAR BABY!

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Would I be far out if I guessed that was anti-semetism as opposed to genuine support for Palestinian freedom?

--------------------

Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is a large terrorist community which has operated out of Miami for many years. The US government says they are opressed and are dissidents when in fact they are opponents of freedom. Probably one of the worst examples was when they blew up a plane mid-air killing 73 civilians on board.

Come on now give us a name for this group or something. It sounds like your just making this up to try to make a point. Proof please.

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6160 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
There are many. The first one that comes to mind is the so called 'Brothers to the rescue' group.

quote:
Brothers to the Rescue was founded by Jose Basulto, a man whom the CIA had trained for the Bay of Pigs Invasion. In August 1962, a year and a half after that fiasco, Basulto went on a CIA-authorized raid into Cuba during which he shot at a hotel, fired into a theater, and blasted a Havana residential section. Twenty people died.
More than 30 years later, in June 199S, Basulto filed a false flight plan, claiming a mission to the Bahamas, and instead flew his plane from Florida to Cuba, dropping anti-Castro leaflets over Cuban territory. On July 13, he returned to drop religious medals, dipping his small plane over the rooftops of populated areas.
These flights coincided with a terrorist campaign by other militant anti-Castro exiles to cripple Cuba's tourist economy. Luis Posada Carriles, an exile linked to dozens of bombings and assassination attempts in the past 40 years, told a New York Times reporter that the prestigious Cuban American National Foundation financed a scheme to bomb tourist sites in Havana. Posada Carriles' agents planted more than a dozen bombs, killing one Italian tourist, wounding several people and doing extensive property damage.
However, the FBI showed little enthusiasm in responding to Cuba's request to investigate the Florida-based exiles' role in the tourist bombings. In January 1996, one National Security Council official even wrote a letter on White House stationary to the FAA, requesting that the Brothers' pilots licenses be suspended for having filed false flight plans. But the FAA, like the FBI, did nothing.
After getting little satisfaction from its formal demands that the State Department stop the flights, Cuba covertly sent spies to Florida. Posing as Castro-haters, the spies penetrated some of the violent anti-Castro groups. Cuba's intelligence chiefs directed some of the spies who were pilots to infiltrate Brothers to the Rescue.
On February 24, 1996, after receiving warnings from the U.S. government not to fly over Cuba, and direct orders from Cuban air traffic control not to enter its territory, a trio of aircraft with Basulto flying in the lead entered Cuban airspace. Cuban MlGs shot down two of the three encroaching planes; only Basulto's escaped the missiles. (A debate continues as to whether the actual shootdowns occurred over Cuban or international airspace.)
The FBI had discovered the spy network in 1996 and monitored their communications until arresting them in 1999. At their trial, U.S. prosecutors charged the spies with complicity in murder of the pilots, downplaying the fact that a U.S. official had indirectly informed the Cuban government of the Brothers' flight plan. And Basulto testified that he had changed the violent approach of his youth to that of Ghandi and Martin Luther King, except in the case of Cuba where, he maintained, violence was still necessary. A federal judge then handed down sentences ranging from life imprisonment to 15 years.

That reference is to the Miami 5 who are held in the US for fighting terrorism and defending their homeland.

There are also countless individuals and other groups.

quote:
Miami has been the home and support point for Orlando Bosch, who served 10 years in a Venezuelan prison on charges of heading and masterminding the sabotage of a Cubana passenger plane in 1976, which cost the lives of the 73 people on board. He was freed, says the journalist — who would appear to be unaware that he escaped from the Caracas prison — in 1988 without having been sentenced, and Bosch, now aged 74, lives in Miami.

She refers to evidence in the trial of our five Cuban patriots, where Bosch’s terrorist record once again came to light, when he sent explosives to Cuba, destined for the terrorist attacks on eight hotels in Havana between 1997 and 1998.

The US has constantly carried out a terrorist campaign and supported terrorists in its efforts to overthrow the legitimate Cuban government. Just look at the Bay of Pigs. If America is to fight a 'war on terror' then you had better point your cruise missiles at Miami for a start.

--------------------

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It comes down yet again WHY CAN'T you give us a link to these sites !!!!! Are these sites just ramblings of some off the wall freedom fighters group looking for some advertisment or is there some sort of ACTUAL investigation going on by a newspaper or some other group !!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6160 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
What I found is a bit against what your saying Europia:

Published Saturday, January 18, 1997, in the Miami Herald
Basulto: U.S. conspired with Cuba
Tacit accord allowed MiGs to shoot Brothers planes, he says
By MABELL DIEPPA
Herald Staff Writer

The president of Brothers to the Rescue, Jose Basulto, has accused the U.S. government of reaching an understanding with President Fidel Castro of Cuba that enabled Cuban warplanes to shoot down two of the group's spotter planes over the Straits of Florida.

The assertion was made Friday, after Basulto met in Arlington, Va., with three officials of the Inspector General's Office of the Defense Department. They are investigating the alleged incursion of
Cuban MiG fighters into U.S. airspace Feb. 24.

Basulto's charge represents an escalation of his allegations that the U.S. government was aware of a possible Cuban attack on Brothers planes but did not warn the group's pilots. Until Friday, Basulto had not accused Washington of conspiring with Havana.

Four members of the Miami-based volunteer group died in the shoot-down. Basulto, who was piloting a third aircraft, managed to escape unhurt.

``We believe that there was an implicit agreement -- at what level, we don't know -- between the two governments, which placed the Straits of Florida at Fidel Castro's disposal so he could kill four members of Brothers to the Rescue,'' Basulto told The Herald. ``This is something the U.S. government needs to clarify.''

The inquiry was ordered in September by the House Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere Affairs. The panel focused the investigation on the possible incursion of two Cuban MiGs into a region about 45 miles from Key West, a breach of security that elicited no reaction from the U.S. Air Force.

According to Basulto, the MiGs chased his Cessna as far north as 32 miles from Key West. He says U.S. authorities have ample proof of that.

Last year, the authorities were forced to give Basulto the transcripts of recordings made by U.S. listening posts, describing the conversation between a Cuban air controller and the pilots of the two MiGs.

One of the pilots described his quarry to the controller: a Cessna 337 like the one Basulto flew. After a chase lasting several minutes, the controller ordered the pilots back to base because they had strayed too far from Cuba.

Despite this recording, the officials from the Inspector General's Office insisted Friday that the MiG incursions never took place.

As evidence, attorney Kay Cannon and investigators William Cogley and Miles Kara gave Basulto and his attorney, Sofia Powell-Cossio, copies of the radar tracings made Feb. 24 by U.S. tracking stations.

According to the officials, the MiGs did not cross the 24th parallel, which separates the skies controlled by the United States and Cuba. That, they said, explains why the U.S. Air Force did not scramble any interceptor planes.

``In that case, [the Defense Department] must account for the plane the MiG pilot describes in the transcript,'' Basulto said. ``As long as that fundamental question is not answered, our position will remain the same.''

Copyright © 1997 The Miami Herald

So from that the Brother hood guy thinks the US and Cuba conspired to shoot them down. This guy is about as wishy washy as the come.

The site I found that at was on http://www.fiu.edu/~fcf/clin.cas.consp.bttr97.html

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
I cant remember my original sources but there are plenty around. Here's one for you to read
http://www.rprogreso.com/RPWeekly010302/USdoublestandardslandau010302.htm

Jose Basulto has spent his life attacking Cuba, what do you expect him to say? The men who were 'spying' to prevent terrorism against Cuban citizens are now in US jails. The US government is hardly likely to be conspiring with Cuba.

The Miami Herald has always published anti castro prpoganda. Just take a look at the headlines of their stories concerning Cuba.

--------------------

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
quote:
The Miami Herald has always published anti castro prpoganda. Just take a look at the headlines of their stories concerning Cuba.[/QB]

95 % of the world is anti- cuba ? Why would miami be any diffrent ?

--------------------
 -

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
quote:
[QB]I cant remember my original sources but there are plenty around. Here's one for you to read
http://www.rprogreso.com/RPWeekly010302/USdoublestandardslandau010302.htm
QB]

This was taken from your post :

So, covertly, Cuba infiltrated [5] spies into south Florida. Posing as Castro-haters, the spies penetrated some of the violent anti-Castro groups for the purpose of thwarting their terrorist activities.

How were they going to thwart these groups exactly ? With the deaths of these group members and leader or with kind works and a nice back rub. Cuba is no diffrent in there own tactics than the anti-Castro groups.

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
95% of the world isn't anti-cuba. How about your prove that to me? There are many, I mean many people around the world who feel sympathy with Cuba. There are lots of solidarity movements.

"How were they going to thwart these groups exactly ? With the deaths of these group members and leader or with kind works and a nice back rub. Cuba is no diffrent in there own tactics than the anti-Castro groups."

Umm...you see if someone intends to plant a bomb in a Havana hotel, but they know about it they can arrest the person before people die. Its not complicated.

--------------------

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Ok here is a list I found of countries that are communist. ( I can not confirm this list at this time but I'm trying to)

Countries that are or were officially communist:

1. Afghanistan

2. Albania

3. Angola

4. Armenia

5. Azerbaijan

6. Bangladesh

7. Belarus

8. Bosnia

9. Bulgaria

10. Burma

11. Cambodia

12. Comoros

13. Congo

14. Croatia

15. Cuba

16. Czechoslovakia

17. East Germany

18. Estonia

19. Ethiopia

20. Georgia

21. Ghana

22. Guinea

23. Hungary

24. Iran

25. Kazahstan

26. Kyrgyzstan

27. Laos

28. Latvia

29. Libya

30. Lithuania

31. Macedonia

32. Madagascar

33. Mauritania

34. Moldova

35. Mongolia

36. Mozambique

37. North Korea

38. P.R.O.C.

39. Philippines

40. Poland

41. Romania

42. Russia

43. Sao Tome and Principe

44. Slovakia

45. Slovenia

46. Somalia

47. Sri Lanka

48. Sudan

49. Tajikistan

50. Tanzania

51. Turkmenistan

52. Ukraine

53. Uzbekistan

54. Vietnam

55. Yemen

56. Yugoslavia

57. Zambia

58. Zimbabwe

from http://www.geocities.com/nybmt/nations.html

Total Countries = 249 http://www.zamang.co.uk/specs/iso3166.txt

So the communist would be roughly 23 % of the world and 77% non-communist. I was off on my guess.

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
You can scrub a good 5 or 6 of them countries too!

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
Those aren't all 'communist' countries. Most might have at one time have been ruled by a regime claiming to be communist but that doesn't make it so. Just look at them

"North Korea"

Most of it is stalinism which is something I disagree with. Most of those places are just regimes no different from any other totalitarian ones in history. And just because a country does something doesnt mean the people do. The world is made up of people not just regimes.

In a vote at the United Nations the ONLY countries to support the embargo were the USA, Israel and Marshal islands. 3 out of how many?

--------------------

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
I don't have a problem with people in any country in general. There are groups that do piss me off but that is because my way of thinking and theres just clash.

How would you describe North Korea then if not a communist dictatorship ?

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Checkered ]

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
A stalinist dictatorship.

A communist is opposed to a dictatorship as is found in north korea and other places such as China.

--------------------

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
So would it also be thought that it is sorta of Monarchy because the power is transfered from family member to family member ?

--------------------
 -

Europia  
Member # 98

Rate Member
I suppose you could look at it like that if you want to. But that isn't the worse part of the dictatorship.

--------------------

-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pdykstra600:
the taliban was involved, they were harboring the terrorists, which is just as bad.

how many civilians did you kill kin WW2 when you firebombed the german cities?

how many japs did you kill when Bush's half even dumber brother nuked japan [Confused]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6487 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truman related to Bush?

I think not

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6474 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will i was arguing how their level of intellgence is similar and so they could be half brothers maybe [Wink]

"The US nuclear monopoly will last 10 years" - that was some bs the USSR Stalin ruled the US, he foolled them into thinking they dont about nukes when they were working day and night to produce them [Big Grin] , he knew the US too well he also guessed the US would never use nukes over korea.
Stalin's foreign policy rocked

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6487 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*