Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » Chemical Warheads found in Iraq

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chemical Warheads found in Iraq
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
United Nations weapons inspectors in Iraq say they have found nearly a dozen empty chemical warheads while searching an ammunition storage depot

Eleven warheads which could be used to carry chemical warfare agents were found at the Ukhaider depot and are currently being examined by experts, a UN spokesman said.

"The warheads were in excellent condition and were similar to ones imported by Iraq during the late 1980s," said Hiro Ueki.

He did not elaborate on the significance of the find, but the UN office in Baghdad has since told the BBC that they did not consider the discovery to be a "smoking gun" at the present time.

A 12th warhead required further evaluation, the UN statement said, noting that this was the inspectors' second visit to the depot, the first being nine days earlier.

Iraq - which has insisted throughout the current crisis that it does not possess chemical weapons - dismissed the find as "old rockets" which had long been forgotten.
Warheads Found

what your opinion on this? do you thing it would justify us going to war?

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6491 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but nooooobody cares

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6491 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
but nooooobody cares

lol I do. I personally although support war think this is not a smoking gun. We should wait for justification within the terms set out by the UN before we go in.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6252 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobgod85  
Member # 574

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobgod85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we may face the hardest war in the world if we attack. public panic is a hard thing to beat. americans are easy to scare. they could destroy us if we dont tread carfully. terrorists are people with a blind cause and blind people with guns and bombs are dangerous

--------------------
 -
drive fast take chances

Posts: 432 (0.07 per day) | From: hell | Registered: May 2002 (6141 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hate Your State  
Visitor
Member # 796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hate Your State     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way that justifies a war with Iraq.

"we may face the hardest war in the world if we attack. public panic is a hard thing to beat. americans are easy to scare. they could destroy us if we dont tread carfully. terrorists are people with a blind cause and blind people with guns and bombs are dangerous"

This wouldn't be a difficult war to win for the United States, otherwise they wouldn't be initiating it! There is no way that they could "destroy us", and terrorists are not people with a blind cause. These particular terrorists have a very obvious cause, and aside from pleasing Allah, that is to curb American expansionism into their homeland.

[ March 11, 2003, 03:07: Message edited by: Hate Your State ]

--------------------
"I think it would be a good idea." - Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003 (5852 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hate Your State:

"we may face the hardest war in the world if we attack. public panic is a hard thing to beat. americans are easy to scare. they could destroy us if we dont tread carfully. terrorists are people with a blind cause and blind people with guns and bombs are dangerous"

This wouldn't be a difficult war to win for the United States, otherwise they wouldn't be initiating it! There is no way that they could "destroy us", and terrorists are not people with a blind cause. These particular terrorists have a very obvious cause, and aside from pleasing Allah, that is to curb American expansionism into their homeland.

So what do you propose?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6252 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hate Your State  
Visitor
Member # 796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hate Your State     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I propose the US seek assets without military intervention and blatant economic expansionism. I propose that they refrain from wreaking havoc on Iraq's civilian population and withdraw the sanctions that condemn Iraqis to starvation and death every day. Meddling in dozens of foreign countries will of course lead to the downfall of American globalization tactics.

--------------------
"I think it would be a good idea." - Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003 (5852 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok I hear what you say..basically american should mind there own business right?

well we get double whammy'd (:S) say we sit back and do nothing and then iraq goes to war with some small country and over takes it...and we still sit there and do nothing cuz its nothing of our business...and lets say Iraq being bold..well they already have a small country so why not go for another one....and etc....

then people would bitch at the US for not doing nothing..(they do anyways, for example we should help starving countries and etc...)

So if countries want our help and we help...or if we try to stop another country from invading other countries.. or "prevent" well its like you can't have your cake and eat it too...either other countries want our help to maintain justice and we do it our way...or they can starve, and get over-run by other countries cuz we won't protect it....

which do you choose? we help it, will be done our way....and no the US apparently isn't afriad to go to war...personally I don't like war i don't want people dead, but yet I also don't wanna get nuked, or have other terrorism attacks either...

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6379 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
I propose the US seek assets without military intervention and blatant economic expansionism. I propose that they refrain from wreaking havoc on Iraq's civilian population and withdraw the sanctions that condemn Iraqis to starvation and death every day. Meddling in dozens of foreign countries will of course lead to the downfall of American globalization tactics.

This isnt just about oil.
Saddam doesnt already wreak havoc on his own population?
US sanctions ... oh you mean the UN sanctions ... that Saddam has spent on palaces and not the people to the north or south?
Well if you beleive the meddling will lead to the downfall, you have nothing to moan about then, as it will ultimatly happen, pleasing you. But to anyone with even half a brain it means plunging the world back into the dark ages.

If we let these people like Saddam and Bin Laden run around the world doing what they want, they would be threatening your freedom, and then you wouldnt be too happy.

Let me guess, you are a middle class teenage male, had it sweet all your life and you are quite rightly exersising your democratic right for expressing your free opinion. More than you get than in a lot of places in the world.

WAKE UP! & GROW UP! ... this is the way the world works, if you do not become part of the machine it will chew you up and spit you out.

[ March 14, 2003, 14:20: Message edited by: Bronx ]

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

STFU liberal faggot

rot in hell liberal

i hate u zionist loving liberal fuckers

rot in hell, SIEG HEIL

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6515 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Let me guess, you are a middle class teenage male, had it sweet all your life and you are quite rightly exersising your democratic right for expressing your free opinion. More than you get than in a lot of places in the world.

lol hell ya Brox, you tell him like it is in the REAL world [Wink]

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6379 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what??? the americans have loads of weapons as massive destruction, nuclear weapons (but they like to call it the deterrent)...and it has chemical/biological weapons too and it resists inspections more than iraq does....also so what if iraq has used chemical weapons.....didnt america use the nuke on the japs on not one but two occasions klling/maiming 200,000+ people as oppossed to the 100's killed by saddam???????

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6515 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:

what bulsshit is this, if the americans are going in for anything other than oil why dont they solve the palenstiine crisis or the numerous deadly skirmishes in africa FIRST, cus people are actually dieing/suffering there right NOW.....but on the other hand there is no oil there.

Dont just call him a middle class babe in the woods or whatever...i agree with his point more.

[ March 18, 2003, 15:10: Message edited by: Arkan ]

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6515 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Arkan:
so what??? the americans have loads of weapons as massive destruction, nuclear weapons (but they like to call it the deterrent)...and it has chemical/biological weapons too and it resists inspections more than iraq does....also so what if iraq has used chemical weapons.....didnt america use the nuke on the japs on not one but two occasions klling/maiming 200,000+ people as oppossed to the 100's killed by saddam???????

Look how prosperous and democratic Japan is now ... Japan was so unbelievably different it is not even worth drawing parallels, and you know this.

Are you trying to justify Saddam’s recent actions? You sound like you support him to me.

[ March 18, 2003, 15:16: Message edited by: Bronx ]

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
what bulsshit is this, if the americans are going in for anything other than oil why dont they solve the palenstiine crisis or the numerous deadly skirmishes in africa FIRST, cus people are actually dieing/suffering there right NOW.....but on the other hand there is no oil there.

Dont just call him a middle class babe in the woods or whatever...i agree with his point more.

A lot of this is about oil, not many people deny this. Oil makes the world turn, ultimately it makes your computer work it will put you in a job when you leave as without oil at this moment in time the world would descend into the dark ages.

But this is not all about oil at all, we have to sort Saddam out, leave the rest until later. The west can not sort out all of the worlds problems at once, why cant the rest of Africa help out their neighbours … oh yeah they are!
And if you dislike American foreign policy so much, why do you believe they should be getting involved so much? What about Britain helping Sierra Leone? What about the French in the Ivory Coast?

Palestine is much more of a Pandora’s box than you seem to realise. Has the west not tried to sort out Palestine numerous times in the past, with no avail? At least most of the middle east will be Saddam going, and as mush as you seem to think that somehow our alliance will runs Saddam’s oil you are very much mistaken and Naive I might add.

I whole heartedly do not agree with his post;

Are we not doing our best to track down terrorists and bring them to justice?

do you propose we wait for Saddam to build up bigger so he can inflict more damage when we do go to attack him, so he can kill and torture more of his own people?

American expansionism … creating a free and democratic world? Is that so fucking bad? I wonder which group of people want to make the entire world Islamic Fundamentalism?

--------------------
 -

Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:

What is this war about ?

Oil = Yes
Terrorism = Yes
Sadamn (I know the spelling is wrong) covering for and training terrorist = Yes
Sadamn having WMD = Yes

Oh Africa has dimonds maybe we will invade them next.

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6200 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*