Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » War on Iraq!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War on Iraq!
Angel  
Naughty But Nice
Member # 745

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does everyone think of the inpending war on Iraq? Should we go or is it just a way for Bush to make money because of Iraqs oil. I think that it is Bush carring on what his father started with the persian gulf war. All Bush wants is money, and he will get that from oil if he suceeds in war.
 -
Or do you think he is looking for revenge because of what happened at 9/11?
 - Post back opnions luv ya BITCH xxx

[ March 12, 2003, 12:56: Message edited by: BITCH xxx ]

--------------------
 -

To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things.

Posts: 216 (0.03 per day) | From: Lancashire | Registered: Dec 2002 (5942 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The French and Russians have Oil agreements with Iraq. If we take out Saddam its most likely that these agreements would be void as the US would take the huge majority of Oil under their control. Why do you think the are so willing to give out billions to countries like Turkey? The return the US will get from the oil will dwarf that. And while it may be true this whole thing is about oil, we cant ignore the other reason to go to war. They may just be a face for the US and UK for them to go to war, never the less they are still real reasons, i dont want a bomb of any kind going off in the UK and he has still slaughtered thousands and thousands of people. I happy to overlook the fact this is all about oil to feel totally safe in my own country. I'm not paranoid but when your walking around sometimes you cant help thinking 'what if they crashed another plane? What if they actually manage to set off a dirty bomb in Britian? I do give our intelligence services etc a lot more credit than that, but like i said i can't help thinking of it. The UK was bombed for a long time by the IRA and we can't gurantee its still over. Just don't think it's so far away from you to not care.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6492 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving to Military/War Forum...

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5987 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<-- See avatar

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6253 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bah...bitch in my opinion you don't know what your talking about. Read some previous post to view everyone's opinions.
Its not just about oil.....

I'm tired of listening to people that don't live in the USA complain about USA...and people complain about Americans in general.

If you don't beleive in your country, what kind of person are you? Britian sides with USA, so when you say that about the USA your saying that about your own country because they side with us, which means you don't beleive in your country.

Thats right you see things happening in other countries so often you think your own country is untouchable...when it finally happens your shocked.

Would you rather Suddam go ahead and make as many weapons of mass destruction and go off on countries like Hitler tried? OR would you rather have a few countries stand up and do something about it BEFORE it gets out of control?

you gotta think about it...Suddam is a power-hungry freak....look at the people of his country...see how they live, let alone the women....and how they are treated....

The oil well, I'm not saying thats not part of it....it probably is..and hey if we are the only one with balls to do the job then we should get the benefits of it as well. Why should we be the ones to take all the losses after all.

Nobody likes war, but like someone said

"Blood Alone Moves the Wheels of History"

Well that is my opinion on the matter....

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6380 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree with DQ, especially about the country bit. The thing is, Britain at the moment has a bit of an identity crisis. Since the second world war and the loss of the empire (a price we had to pay for American involvment) a sense or the people of Britain being as proud as it was is fading as fast as those who were part of the empire and WW2.

People dont know what it means to be British, the younger generation now who will rise to be the adults of the future know little of our past and what it means for the present. Neither do they seem to want to show any interest.

I could rant about this for hours, but I doubt anyone will read it ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6253 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did and well said [Wink]

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6380 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*