Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » Iraq: Balance of Power

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iraq: Balance of Power
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I knew their armed forces were bad, but I never knew the amount they had. Its a good job most of them will probably surrender ... so thats why the French support him so much. But seriously follow this link (BBC News) to see figures on the balance of power in the region.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well combine the US with Britians then what are the stats?

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6383 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the affects are negligable, UK has much <30k troops

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30,000 Troops

120 Challenger Tanks
160 other tanks (forgot the name of them)

and forgot how many aircraft.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6495 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its a joke to look at the numbers

of all those Iraqi tanks, almost all are super-outdated T-55s and Type-59s

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hate Your State  
Visitor
Member # 796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hate Your State     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! You missed one crucial part of the Iraqi arsenal. Their hidden caches of chemical and biological weapons, which you CLAIM are your motivation for invading.

--------------------
"I think it would be a good idea." - Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003 (5856 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vast majority of Iraqi troops are conscripts too who would more likely run or surrender then even contemplate dying for Saddam.

quote:
Ha! You missed one crucial part of the Iraqi arsenal. Their hidden caches of chemical and biological weapons, which you CLAIM are your motivation for invading.

You say 'you' as though we who are pro-war are in on it, we know it's a face to go in and take all the oil. To be honest, i just don't trust Saddam (wonder why?) not to use weapons of mass desruction if he ever acquired them . And i do believe he is trying to develop them, I mean would we really want to take him on when he did finally get them?
Saddam is no better than the US why did he take Kuwait? Oil maybe? I'd rather the US control the Flow of Oil than Saddam.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6495 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hate Your State:

How are they supposed to put a balance of power figures, when:

1. We wont be using any chemical or biological weapons.
2. We dont know how much they have.

You still havent answered my question. What do YOU think should be done about Saddam?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kill his ass.

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6383 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*