Horizon Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Message Board Wargame Forum (*Closed Archive!*)   » Templates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Templates
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO HELLO

Ok everyone has templates which is a good start, and a lot of people have nice easy to read templates. However some people are not listing everything, and it's hard to tell what you got and stuff. And it would be nice if some of us could check your template over to make sure you're not messing up. People have messed up in this game, and it's hard to tell if you have or haven't if no one can understand your template, or you don't have enough written down.

What I have below is like the minimum of what you should have. You can have more if you like. You don't have to bold and italic this stuff either. You don't even have to put this stuff in the right order. Also you can get a lot of information for this stuff at http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook

<------------Be nice if you put a map of your country or something.

Day 22 <------ make sure you list what day so we know how current this topic is.

Country Name: <-- Obvious one

Leader: <--- easist if you put your own name but it doesn't really matter. It doesn't even matter if you got this one so don't worry about it.

Population: <--- make sure you have your country's population for draft purposes. If you don't know what the draf is look it up in the wargame info topic.

Info: <--- I don't think you even need this either. But if gives us who look at your template some to read. And it shows you're putting some effort into this.

Alliances: <---do i have to explain these next three? I know for a fact everyone has these ones too.
Neutral:
Enemies:

Countries Owned: <---This is an important one! Make sure you're putting down the countries you are taking over, along with how many units it takes to keep control over them. A lot of people are not doing this.

Units: <-----some people even divide this into sections like "ground units" "navy" "helicopter units" and "airforce". You don' t have to do that to make it understandable. Just make sure you list your units and where they at stations at. I'll make an example:
1 Infrantry Division: (China)
2 Cavalry Divsions: (1 USA, 1 Japan)

Satellites in orbit:
Communication Satellite: 1 (Day 23)
^^----- Makre sure you list the satellites you have, and on what day they will be completed on.

Facilities:<---this one is pissing me off because most everyone doesn't do it. Make sure you pussies are listing you facilities are and which CITY they are in so I can nuke them! J/k lol, but make sure you list the city they are in.

Research: <---list what you are researching and what day it will be researched on.

Factory Cost: <---Use the factory credit step system in the Info Wargame topic to see how much factories really cost you.

Purchases:
Day 1-3: Nothing = 0 credits
Day 4: Loan to Japan = 12 credits
Day 5-14: Nothing = 0 credits
Day 15: 13 Factories = 247 credits
Day 16: 1 Factory, 3 Anti-Aircraft Base = 31 credits
Day 17: 1 M. Inf. Div., 2 Cavalry Div., 1 Marine Div., 2 Fighter Sqd., 2 Close Sup. Sqd. = 56 credits <-------MAKE SURE YOU ARE LISTING WHAT YOU BUY AND WHAT DAY YOU FREAKING BUY IT ON! Just wanted to make sure that one got through to some of you people who ignore that.

Credit Income:
Loaned Credits: <--- List how much and to who you loaned the credits to.
Borrowed Credits:
Total Credits:

Losses: <----Don't need it, but it is good to keep track of what you lose in war and how much it is has costed you. Fun to look at it lol.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS STUFF LIKE I HAVE IT, BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE TOPICS I HAVE LISTED. AND THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO DO HAVE ALL THAT IS NEEDED LISTED.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.79 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (7422 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is a good template

its very! important people keep track of their credits and units

Posts: 7713 (0.99 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (7729 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*