Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Sports Forum   » Ziege to miss Germany qualifier

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ziege to miss Germany qualifier
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziege to miss Germany qualifier

BERLIN, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur defender Christian Ziege will miss Germany's opening Euro 2004 qualifier against Lithuania next Saturday after the death of his mother.
Ziege said he had returned to Munich on Friday to be with his father after learning that his mother had died from heart failure.

He did not take part in Tottenham's 2-1 victory over Southampton on Saturday that put his club top of the Premiership table.

Germany coach Rudi Voeller said he would decide on Monday whether to replace Ziege in his squad for the game in Kaunas, but Ziege said on his website: 'I cannot imagine myself playing with the national team on Saturday.'

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6381 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*