Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » The Gods Playground   » The Administration Forum   » Lack of free space

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lack of free space
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are using 113mb of 200mb what are we going to down in the next couple of months (we have used about 4mb since the start of aug) when we run out of space?. mind u it would just cost an extra $2 a month for an extra 100mb or $4 for an extra 300mb.

[ 06 August 2003, 03:45: Message edited by: ReDeeMeR ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.84 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6610 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
were only just over half full, might as well get our moneys worth

and for 4 dollars a month why the fuck not if we need the space

Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6597 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah we dont need the space just yet, when we do i will make alternative arrangements to cut down the space that we are already using.

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.61 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6597 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of the forums are not needed, I went to prune some of the older ones a bit ago, but I didnt have the rights to do so.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.47 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6334 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH I guess we should be ok on space for a long while still we are now only using 108MB not sure were this decrease has come from.

Pruning and deleting entire forums was a security risk so had to be disabled, since they are hardly ever used.

[ 09 August 2003, 03:53: Message edited by: -ReDeeMeR ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.84 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6610 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the only person ever to delete the entire forum still has access though? [Razz]

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.98 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6573 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ReDeeMeR:

Pruning and deleting entire forums was a security risk so had to be disabled, since they are hardly ever used.

yeah thats true, i have uncovered a few plots to do that over the years.

we could still delete forums, but i reiterate the fact that we are miles away from a space shortage

[ 09 August 2003, 07:24: Message edited by: Arkan ]

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.61 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6597 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
just try and delete a forum it wont let you [Big Grin] , its only at the step it rejects it, so we have a log of the attempt

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*