Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Britney Spears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Britney Spears
Politely Disturbed  
lest my curse fall upon you
Member # 577

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politely Disturbed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Britney Spears ranks as a chump for her involvement with nicotine -- and needs to put that butt down before she leads untold numbers of young fans into the cancer-causing smoking habit.
Could it only have been a couple of years ago that Spears was an innocent young thing announcing, "I don’t believe in drugs or even smoking”?

Then, after photos of her with cigarette in hand popped up, she took to outright lying -- reportedly claiming she first had no “recollection of me ever doing that,” then saying she was just holding the cigarette for a friend. “The only thing I’m addicted to is taking baths at night,” she told InStyle just last July.

Now Miss Thing is not only openly smoking, she’s evidently become downright obnoxious about it! When asked to put out her cigarette in a New York nightclub recently, she reportedly refused and was asked to leave.

Perhaps she needs to reread the mission statement of her own Britney Spears Foundation charity. “The philosophy behind the foundation is that music and entertainment has a healing quality that can truly benefit these kids…Through the performance process, kids learn that it is ok to work hard, take healthy risks and to not always ‘get it right.’”

Girlfriend, you have not been taking healthy risks here.

With her attention-grabbing Star interview, Spears tried to lay to rest rumors of her hard-partying and adoption of wild ways. Just a couple of drinks, she said, and "I'm good to go...I can't drink strong drinks." As far as drugs, her answer was worthy of a politician. "I was curious at one point. But I'm way too focused to let anything stop me. Was it a mistake? Yes." (What does that mean? Aruguably, it's a statement that could cover anything from Bill Clinton not-inhaling territory to down and dirty Robert Downey).

Glaringly absent was a denial of the smoking.

Britney, you’re right, it’s really nobody’s business how you live your life. But don’t -- please don’t -- pass the message on to your young fans that smoking is okay. Because, ‘Oops, I did it again’ won’t keep them out of trouble.

Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith are featured on E!Online under the daily "Ask Marilyn" column and in monthly celebrity profiles and industry features.

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/celebrity/celebgossip.jsp?floc=ce-main-3-l2&column=/becksmith_jsp/content/cel20030704.htm

--------------------
 -

here kittie

Posts: 290 (0.04 per day) | From: Maui - the rock I live on | Registered: May 2002 (6189 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, what a 'tard.

Oh, and moving to Music

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cigarettes.

*shudder*

Tobacco pipe....? *Thumbs up!*

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MASS SHOCK HORROR AS BRITNEY ACTS LIKE NORMAL HUMAN!!!

Blame culture looks for yet another excuse, rather than look at the fundamental issues.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no she smoked! like over half of the world doesn't already and a shit load more do! and i'm sure she'd be the only reason why little girls smoke! hmm parents, people in the street, peer pressure!

i didn't even think people cared about her anymore!

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xNoMoReDrAmAx:
i didn't even think people cared about her anymore!

Maybe that's why she started smoking...?

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent heard of her in ages! she just seems to hide out in her mansion and occasionally says something to try and get some publicity! i bet this is just another stunt to stop us forgetting her!
Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
god who the hell cares

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (6004 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:
MASS SHOCK HORROR AS BRITNEY ACTS LIKE NORMAL HUMAN!!!

Blame culture looks for yet another excuse, rather than look at the fundamental issues.

damn straight!

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sturm  
Member # 452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i blame those damned mature rated video games

--------------------
Those Who Fear the Darkness Have Never Seen What the Light Can Do
 -

Posts: 697 (0.11 per day) | From: Solamnia | Registered: Mar 2002 (6255 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sturm  
Member # 452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirai:
Cigarettes.

*shudder*

Tobacco pipe....? *Thumbs up!*

what a bad kid

but a respectable bad kid

--------------------
 -

Posts: 697 (0.11 per day) | From: Solamnia | Registered: Mar 2002 (6255 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
You got that right.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
pipes just make you look like an old man, cuban cigars are the most ignified!

sturm your a fuckin old man! "in my day children played nice video games, didn't smoke" jesus i'd expect you to be an 80 year old conservative mp, not a schoolboy!

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is X, I think I am so cool because I smoke, in fact Im so cool that I feel the need to let other people know Im so cool because I smoke, and that they are not cool because they dont smoke, they are like some old man, yeah some old man ... neer neerr ollld maaannn!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
 -

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Sturm  
Member # 452

Rate Member
quote:

sturm your a fuckin old man! "in my day children played nice video games, didn't smoke" jesus i'd expect you to be an 80 year old conservative mp, not a schoolboy!

you caught me

i am a 80 year old conservative smoking a pipe playing non violent video games

you are so fucking stupid

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My name is X, I think I am so cool because I smoke, in fact Im so cool that I feel the need to let other people know Im so cool because I smoke, and that they are not cool because they dont smoke, they are like some old man, yeah some old man ... neer neerr ollld maaannn!

Narc [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.16 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6461 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by -Ma$oN-:
quote:

Narc [Big Grin]
lol ... I smoke myself, I just dont however still think its cool to do so.

--------------------
 -

shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shueny302     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i don't fucking care if britney spears smokes. and i doubt it's sending any message to her fans to smoke. and if it does, and they all die of lung cancer, that's what they get for liking britney spears in the first place. what goes around, comes around

and pipes smell much nicer than cigars, as 'ignified' as they are

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 222 (0.03 per day) | Registered: May 2003 (5827 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate all of you [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shueny302     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you love me

i don't smoke [Smile]

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 222 (0.03 per day) | Registered: May 2003 (5827 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by shueny302:
yeah i don't fucking care if britney spears smokes. and i doubt it's sending any message to her fans to smoke. and if it does, and they all die of lung cancer, that's what they get for liking britney spears in the first place. what goes around, comes around

Now that was funny, you need to post more often Annie ...

--------------------
 -

shueny302  
Member # 870

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shueny302:

Now that was funny, you need to post more often Annie ...
don't tell me what to do [Razz]

i would were there more things worth replying to, but such things are scarce nowadays

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:

you do know your a cock right bronx!

pipes smell awful, and theres a reason why nearly every big businessman smokes cigars!

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sturm Brightblade:
quote:

you caught me

i am a 80 year old conservative smoking a pipe playing non violent video games

you are so fucking stupid

jesus its only a joke fuckwit!
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
quote:
pipes smell awful

Nope. Sorry.

quote:
and theres a reason why nearly every big businessman smokes cigars!
And what's that?

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:

Nah, but I am an arrogant annoying bastard.

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Nah, but I am an arrogant annoying bastard.
true to both of us! thats probably why we get on so well! lol

the reason is mirai because they are ludicrously expensive wich probably draws them to 'em! plus there easy on you as you dont deep inhale them!

Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
You don't inhale pipes, either.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
i wouldn't know, neva really been drawn to pipes, well tobacco pipes!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*