Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Top 5 trance/rave trax?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 5 trance/rave trax?
Sigos_Scorpio Administrator 
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if here anyone is listening this kinda music...melodic - hard, post here your 5 favorite songs....new / olds...THNX!
1. Delphion - In the end we all are alone
2. Sunbeam - High adventure
3. Legend B - Lost in love
4. C-4 - Ignition
5. Nostrum - Brainchild
...there are so many more....but i came to these 5.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5950 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scooter - possee (damm this song is addictve! fuckin brilliant tho!)
highgate - pitchin
tomcraft - loneliness
DM dubs(club mix) -whoomp!...there it is (maybe cus its a cool old school sample!)
system f - spaceman (wierd but cool!)

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually that whole list could have been filled with scooter! it just prompted me to check out my cd's! top 5 scooter:

1)possee
2)nessaja
3)move your ass
4)call me manana
5)friends

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all those songs are good

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.33 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6435 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
yes as much as they conflict with my normal music preferences theres just something about them that makes them soo good!
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Klute - Totem
2. Teebee - Redwind
3. Squarepusher - Drum and Bass 2000
4. Omni Trio - Assassins
5. London Elektricity - Superstructure (John B remix)

Not trance at all, i suppose if you played them in a large club it might be rave if you didnt know much about that type of music ...

[ 26 July 2003, 15:59: Message edited by: Bronx ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What u ppl think Benny Benassi's - Satisfaction ... well music video is DAMN GOOD [Razz]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5950 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Trance
2. Sucks
3. And You
4. Should Listen To
5. Aphex Twin

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirai:
1. Trance
2. Sucks
3. And You
4. Should Listen To
5. Aphex Twin

Im sorry if that kinda music dont hit u. But to ease pain I admit I listen pretty wide scale all type of music (only genre i pass is heavy metal and all relative types of that)
- Musics beauty is in listeners ear -

--------------------
 -

Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah well...

Anybody can be a trance artist. All you need is the right equipment. Theres really very little skill and/or talent involved. And, on top of that, 90% of all trance sounds exactly the same... it'll start out with a simple beat, and various effects/loops will gradually build up to one point where everything stops and it returns to the simple beat about halfway through the song. I used to listen to trance now and then, but I've come to realize that its really just for people who don't listen to real music.

Oh... no offense. [Wink]

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah well...

Anybody can be a trance artist. All you need is the right equipment. Theres really very little skill and/or talent involved. And, on top of that, 90% of all trance sounds exactly the same... it'll start out with a simple beat, and various effects/loops will gradually build up to one point where everything stops and it returns to the simple beat about halfway through the song. I used to listen to trance now and then, but I've come to realize that its really just for people who don't listen to real music.

Oh... no offense. [Wink]

hmmmm, bollocks! not anybody can slap together a good trance track! you need to know what people like at teh time tahts why tracks become good for one season then fade as ppl want something different!

bronx most of those were drum and base! no offense its quality music but not what teh topic asked for, top d+b;

1)ils-next level
2)wideboys-hustler
3)dm dubs-whoomp there it is(dub mix)
4)future cut-stealth
5)menta-sounds of da future

noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that one with all the beeping, done by the naked guy who wears that velvet cape and gold bodypaint who messes with synthesisers

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5823 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah well...

Oh... no offense. [Wink]

I don’t like trance, but I don’t like people starting to give shit to the production of a genre of music they really seem to know little about.

All you need to play a guitar ‘is the right equipment’ the skill comes in using it and how you use it. Would you not agree with this?

Because the amount of people out there that can simply learn to play the guitar and write tracks of their own, regardless of quality there is little skill/and or talent involved.

Trance does in general have a simple beat, most of its layers do not get pretty complex, it’s the same of all types of music you have varying degrees of complexity that build up the over all sound.

All rock lyrics or musical compositions could sound the same to me, if I didn’t listen. Next time actually listen to the obvious thought that has gone into the way in which the layers are intertwined with each other, it requires exactly the same ear for music as any other genre, the method of production is different. Most of the people who make this music are trained musicians, most will be amazing piano players or have been educated in a more ‘real’ as you put it way of making sounds.

Know many people who write electronic music, or what really goes into it?

And just to finish, me hitting the buttons on my microwave in timing is music, I don’t see what makes it any less ‘real’ … it may be shit, but its music. Can you ever deny that?

quote:
music
n.
The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.

A musical composition.
The written or printed score for such a composition.
Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
A musical accompaniment.
A particular category or kind of music.
An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6304 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

And what is that supposed to mean?

--------------------
 -

Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:
All you need to play a guitar ‘is the right equipment’ the skill comes in using it and how you use it. Would you not agree with this?

You don't deserve an argument.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:

You don't deserve an argument.
Thats because you dont have one.

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah well...

Oh... no offense. [Wink]

no offence taken Mirai...own opinion is great to hear.
[Wink]
...i agree that in this type of music there is too much same mass. But time to time there pops up some nice name who is equipped with orginal sound. But what i must disagree is that anyone can be "musicmaker" sure u can do some crappy piece with your fruityloops (most cant use even that)...but still thats like lightyear far from real pro's . I have listenend this kinda music from beginning when electro turned to techno...everyone remembers T99 and "music maestro" . And I'm think i get from best tunes what music got to offer. But after all i was asking best trance trax, not ppls music taste or what ppl should listen [Big Grin] I'm glad that this made little discussion, thnx
-- we have got guitar like forever, why not try something else for change [Smile] ---

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
that is true bronx taht you get a load of new guitar bands every day! you get a lot of new dj's every day 2 but you dont get many digital musicians coming out evry day!

i'm not dissing metal as i like metal greatly but i can appreciate all kinds of music thats why my fave genre is digi metal, with bits of both!

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigos_Scorpio:
What u ppl think Benny Benassi's - Satisfaction ... well music video is DAMN GOOD [Razz]

its an anthem already!!! plus its wicked!
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont listen to much but i really liked this one song, by DJ sasha? dunno, it was the sound of future london i think. does mindcicus - way out west also fall along this genre?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.16 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6461 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
neva heard of it bro! i dont like sasha really, on a completely different track i like sash tho!
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DJ Tiesto - Touch Me

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*