Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » rancid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rancid
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for those who don't know Rancid have signed to Warner, quite a while ago but it's been eating me up for a while now. I mean, they used to always say they would never sell out, claimed they were the epitome of punk rock and suddenly they draft in Good Charlotte, Kelly Osbourne and 12 year old girls into their new video, for a song not up to their old high standard, and sign to Warner for loadsa money. I guess you could call Tim and Lars hypocrites, not Brett or Matt though, hell everyone knows they're not allowed to speak, especially that after signing to Warner they refuse to let Warner put their name on the album. I mean Lars claims they signed to Warner to keep Rancid alive, but if there was nothing wrong with doing it why won't they put Warner on the album? And as for them supposedly signing to Warner to stay alive, I just didn't get it, when do you need to be on a major label to sell records? Offspring, Smash, over 5 and a half million copies sold and still counting, anyone remember? What a load of bullshit, they just want they money, hell do they even remember to the stuff they used to sing about?

Come on baby wont you show me what you got
I want your salvation

theres a neighborhood called blackhawk
where all the rich people hide
I was down on my luck working for the salvation army
The shelter is where i reside
Everyday we drive into blackhawk
and we pick up the offerings
Microwave, refrigerator for the suffering

I want your salvation

I cant believe these people live like kings
Hidden estates and diamond rings
Im a rat out on a mission
Im in your front yard under suspicion

I want your salvation

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5819 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well. That's the way shit goes.

I loved them for about a year; eighth grade was good times.

But at present I couldn't give two shits.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6162 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate that crap anyway.

but whats your point exactly? You say its wrong to go to warner.....but then when your faced with the fact that its either signing with warner or calling it quits you accept warner but its wrong that they dont show it on the labels....so if they do put it on the label's you will revert to your original position, calling them sell outs for going to warner in the first place.....i dont get it....what ru gettin at

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6563 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they didn't have to cal it quits at all if they didn't sign to warner! they sold out thats the point! they cant claim to be real punk rockers when there signed up to a pop/pop-rock record lable!
Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6271 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no such thing as a real punk rocker, there never has been and there never will be.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6162 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rancid once said, "We'll never sell out". Well I guessed they lied, those money-grbabing bastards. Their new video also sucks, what a shit song.

however the new Bouncing Souls video is pretty good

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5819 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*