Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Depressing Music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depressing Music
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't help but listen to music that fits my mood... got any depressing music to recommend?

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO
LISTEN TO THE OMATICS THEY MAKE YOU HAPPY

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (6004 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im very depressed right now in my room all alone in silence

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.33 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6435 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Natural Beauty" - Neil Young

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wilder Wein - RAMMSTEIN
Darkness - Disturbed

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.25 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6127 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super Mario Bros. Theme

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.46 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6217 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg. That song is great. WTf you talking about? The Super Mario Brother's theme is just great.

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.19 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5877 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
(or just about every other smashing pumpkins song)
Pink Floyd- Wish you Were Here

the two I just listened too

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

"people disgust me....... this includes myself"
--me

".....let me give the world to you because obviously nothing else is going to make u fucking happy...."
--Billy Corgan

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

"But beware.....all those angels with their wings glued on"
--Billy Corgan

Contact at-------AIM: buletwbtrflywngz Yahoo: xsiamese_dreamx Msn: bulletwithbutterflywings11@hotmail.com

Posts: 1431 (0.23 per day) | From: Dallas(Plano)/Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zwan - desire

smashing pumpkins - (pretty much every song but...) disarm, zero, bodies!!

otep - menocide

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athanasia  
Nobody said kindness was manditory...
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athanasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverchair is depressing...Type 0 Negative is depressing...NIN is depressing, some of it.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1593 (0.25 per day) | From: Canada - Where the morons live. | Registered: Jun 2002 (6180 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh welcome to my world...my statsictially 5 most listened to bands all make depressing music to differing extents

Nine Inch Nails
Radiohead
Deftones
Rammstein
Manic Street Preachers

my fav depressing song:

Nine Inch nails - hurt

other good depressing songs

deftones - pink maggit
deftones - digital bath
radiohead - creep
covenant - winter comes
manic street preachers - motorcycle emptiness

there's plenty more from where that came from [Wink]

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurt, that's a good song by NIN.

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.25 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6127 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the stuff from the Blaze era, to me, is pretty depressing.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
creep isn't as depressing as some!!! there there is pretty depressing, tho teh video is kinda wierd rather than depressing what with all those animals and teh cats getting maried!

if your british (x) is greater than (y) is a good depressing band to see live!

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6275 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the ballad - millencolin is a good one

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.16 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6461 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica - The Unforgiven

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5823 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one recommended Metallica - "Fade to Black"...

If you're depressed, this is a good song to fit your mood, but... it's dangerous. It can also make you pretty suicidal...

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athanasia  
Nobody said kindness was manditory...
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athanasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coldplay - Yellow.
Coldplay - Parachutes.
Radiohead - Karma Police.
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees.
Third Eye Blind - Palm Reader.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns.
Claire Voyant - Love The Giver.
Badly Drawn Boy - Rain Song.
Type 0 Negative - Black No.1.
Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been.
Marilyn Manson - Coma White.
Hootie And The Blowfish - Time. (Sort of.)
Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea.

That's a decent enough list.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1593 (0.25 per day) | From: Canada - Where the morons live. | Registered: Jun 2002 (6180 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
the hole smashing pumpkins repetoire! thats an even better list!
Danni  
Just Popped In
Member # 943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any pumpkins (i saw them live on their last ever tour..amazing)
dashboard confessional?
radiohead-no suprises, karma police, FPT
Coldplay-yellow, spies and in my place all are depressing to me after them being played over certian stuff

--------------------
http://www.clearwaterproject.org

Posts: 13 (0 per day) | From: London | Registered: Aug 2003 (5751 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danni  
Just Popped In
Member # 943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh sinead o connor-nothing compares
REM-everyboady hurts
Jewel-you were meant for me, painters, foolish games
Placebo-i know and commercial for levi-ok that one is just depressing for me
andPaula cole-: nietzsche's eyes but for a very depressing reason probably wouldnt be otherwise

--------------------

Posts: 13 (0 per day) | From: London | Registered: Aug 2003 (5751 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Danni:
dashboard confessional?
Coldplay-yellow, spies and in my place all are depressing to me after them being played over certian stuff
oh sinead o connor-nothing compares
Jewel-you were meant for me, painters, foolish games
andPaula cole-: nietzsche's eyes but for a very depressing reason probably wouldnt be otherwise

That's not depressing, that's just stupid.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I was at one of their last tour shows, it was incredible.....

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

".....let me give the world to you because obviously nothing else is going to make u fucking happy...."
--Billy Corgan

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

Contact at-------AIM: buletwbtrflywngz Yahoo: xsiamese_dreamx Msn: bulletwithbutterflywings11@hotmail.com

Posts: 1431 (0.23 per day) | From: Dallas(Plano)/Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002 (6166 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Listen to Elton John. That'll give you the suicidal tendancies without that whole depressive state. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.19 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5877 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danni  
Just Popped In
Member # 943

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SIVA:
quote:

where did you see them
i was in Belgium

--------------------

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
fuck! you travel a lot!
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moe! Moe! Moe! how do you like me, how do you like me?

Moe! Moe! Moe! Nobody likes me, why does nobody like me...?

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5823 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIVA:
quote:

where did you see them
i was in Belgium

San Diego, California

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

--me

--Billy Corgan

-- George Orwell

--Billy Corgan

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:

Placebo-i know and commercial for levi-ok that one is just depressing for me

most of the sleeping with ghosts album is pretty depressing, well lets just say its not the happiest album of all time lol. my fav track off it will be special needs and protect me from what i want a close second!
DeArkanator  
Visitor
Member # 946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeArkanator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fast foot rockers - the fast food rockers
happy hardcore - Alton Towers Theme
Annia - Fly on the wings of love
Craig David feat. Sting - Rise And Fall
love inc - your a superstar

Posts: 7 (0 per day) | Registered: Aug 2003 (5743 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*