Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Coheed And Cambria @ The Vogue 29/10/2004

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coheed And Cambria @ The Vogue 29/10/2004
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I must explain that despite the name the Vogue Theatre I hadn’t expected the show to be an all-seater but the seating to be removed or something but it seemed my preconceptions were wrong. So that’s just getting that out of the way and I’ll skip the description of the moronic, obnoxious Canadian blokes sitting around me talking about how hardcore Yellowcard shows are and trashing the place.

3: Ok, my first impression on seeing them was a hybrid between Nickelback and Iron Maiden, but upon hearing them they’re actually kinda like a hybrid of Creed and Iron Maiden. I assumed from the lyrics I had heard they were God-rock like underOATH but I’m not sure, just impression I got. They also had a guy on percussion/synthesizer but sadly he wasn’t naked except for a gold cape and a lot of blue body paint like I would have liked, mmmmmm. The drummer was also a cross between Bruce Dickinson and the brown-haired bloke from Abba, sadly looking for him afterwards I didn’t see him and as unable to scream “You’re evil!” at him. Anyway they were kind of like a power-rock ballad-esque band and they had the obligatory 3 minute drum solos by their 2 percussion men and multiple guitar solos, though the best was one lasting about 3 minutes on an acoustic where you could see the strings gradually snapped one-by-one until there were only 3 left on which point he slammed it down onto the stage and picked up his leccy guitar and continued in his fit. Good stuff to open, got quite into it. 3/5

underOATH: Ok, I had seen that video from Reinventing Your Exit and what I got from this band was that generally a screamy-hardcore band with a few melodic singing bits courtesy of the drummer. This type of music can be very enjoyable, but if you’re allowed to run around being as crazy as the band, you cannot do this between row and row of seats. Still after the first couple of songs being kinda deadpan and a wee bit too much incoherent yelling, and I swear the 2nd song was like 8 minutes long or just 2 v similar songs with a tiny break, but then they played Reinventing Your Exit and cramped like chickens in battery cages as we were there was cramped dancing/moving and much enjoyment. Also before the last song I was also informed that God loves me and I’m a special person, yay! I felt all fuzzy inside. 3/5

Coheed And Cambria: The band I decided to gamble on instead of Ted/Leo without hearing a single one of their songs but just generally vague good things about them, oh I am indeed a gambling man. Upon taking the stage I was first impressed by the largeness of the lead singer’s hair, the volume and style was just tremendous. He wouldn’t have looked that out of place standing alongside Def Leppard, which is of course a good thing. Anyway I can’t really talk too much about the band being completely unfamiliar with them but if I knew the words to their songs and there were no chairs this would have been awesome set, I enjoyed it tremendously anyhow, and any CAC would have most enjoyed. Thumbs up. 4/5

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5819 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daveacious  
Member # 48

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daveacious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coheed and cambria sucks

--------------------
im back bitches

Posts: 719 (0.1 per day) | From: Orange County, California | Registered: May 2001 (6562 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daveacious:
coheed and cambria sucks

I was gonna say the same thing.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6034 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*