Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » AOMPRO   » Cars   » Replacement for Displacement found

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Replacement for Displacement found
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new mazda RX-8 due to come out Summer 2003
its rear wheel drive and has 246bhp
giving it the following:
0-60 = 6.0 Seconds
Maximum Speed = 150mph (estimated)
it manages this using a Mazda Twin Rotary Engine and is a naturally adpirated 1.3
yes i mean 1.3 !!!!
imagine it with a 2 litre using that technology? or if they place a turbo on one?

oh yeah and the back doors are cool they open backwards

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds perdy Sweet Danny. I wish you could have found a prototype to post tho. Rotary engines were all but given up on or so I thought. The design for these motors are strong but the problem comes when they need servicing. The tolerances to keep the motor with the proper compression is where the flaws are seen. The shelf life for this particular design remains short because the engines tend to get worn too fast as compared to piston based engines.

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.37 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6476 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

i see your point about the engine wear, but soemthing tells me if you were genuinely concerned about that, you wouldnt be fitting nitrous to your car

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes those are the same prototype photo's I have seen.

Dan I am not one of the consumers that in not so conserned with engine wear. In fact Consumer report list the 4th Generation Camaro (V8) engine as one of the top five worst cars as tested for engine repairs.

Ultimately I would like to purchase a wrecked LT1 engine out of an old Vette or F-body and rebuild it using a 383 stroker kit. I have a close friend that (his family) owns a machine shop and several CNC machines which could be used to port and polish the heads, intake and hone the new Piston size. With the new flows and added cubic inches these stroker engines have been known to dyno over 500hp.

You are right about Nos being hard on the motor but in the end after the rebuild the power will be well worth it.

--------------------
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.37 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6476 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christ  
Member # 544

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for christ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2-d, the reson for this is. I don't know what you know about the Wankel Rotary engine but they don't need large displacements to produce large amounts of horsepower. Do you know if the motor has much torque though? They usually list the displacement as the equivalent it would be in a piston engine. You can't really compare the power per cc to a piston engine because it's just totally a differnt concept. They are very smooth engines, this is do there being noe recriprocating parts. They drink petrol though and they have reliability problems because the edge of the rotors wear (or at least they used to, Mazda have probably sorted that though)

--------------------
All the stories about me you read in the bible aren't true.

Posts: 38 (0 per day) | From: england | Registered: May 2002 (6130 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St0NeR  
Member # 132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for St0NeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KONAN:
Yes those are the same prototype photo's I have seen.

Dan I am not one of the consumers that in not so conserned with engine wear. In fact Consumer report list the 4th Generation Camaro (V8) engine as one of the top five worst cars as tested for engine repairs.

Ultimately I would like to purchase a wrecked LT1 engine out of an old Vette or F-body and rebuild it using a 383 stroker kit. I have a close friend that (his family) owns a machine shop and several CNC machines which could be used to port and polish the heads, intake and hone the new Piston size. With the new flows and added cubic inches these stroker engines have been known to dyno over 500hp.

You are right about Nos being hard on the motor but in the end after the rebuild the power will be well worth it.

hahah everyone has to have dreams konan.. I would like to increase displacement on my car by boring it out to 5.0L and the droping a new engine in it ect ect...

--------------------
 -
Telling a shagi not to be gay is like god coming down from the heavens, it just wont happen..-St0NeR 2002

Posts: 1725 (0.26 per day) | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2001 (6451 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You talk so much fucking shit stoner ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6224 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St0NeR:

hahah everyone has to have dreams konan.. I would like to increase displacement on my car by boring it out to 5.0L and the droping a new engine in it ect ect...

Bore out a 4 banger to 5.0L? How is that possible?

It will not be a dream for me. As soon as the OEM (it has impreessed me with all the abuse) LT1 engine gets tired I will rebuild it with a stroker.

It would be nice to have a block to work on tho as to avoid any down time and not be rushed into buying too many extras [Forged Bottom end, intake manifold matching (after ports), Forged pistons, etc.]. This is the ideal situtation for a sealed/detailed motor.

--------------------
 -

St0NeR  
Member # 132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for St0NeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Junglist:
You talk so much fucking shit stoner ...

stfu u fucking queer..

'Bore out a 4 banger to 5.0L? How is that possible?'

Like i said, got to have dreams...

I dont think its possible no.. need at least 6 cyl to have 5 L unless it was like 1.5L per cyl.

--------------------
 -
Telling a shagi not to be gay is like god coming down from the heavens, it just wont happen..-St0NeR 2002

Posts: 1725 (0.26 per day) | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2001 (6451 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you installed a new exhaust system in the Rat yet Stonana?

--------------------
 -

St0NeR  
Member # 132

Rate Member
yep cat-back, with 2 and a quarter inch piping to a Tenzo R muffler

When i did the catback it took out to precats on my downpipe, i could feel the extra gain at top end..

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
'Bore out a 4 banger to 5.0L? How is that possible?'

Like i said, got to have dreams...

I dont think its possible no.. need at least 6 cyl to have 5 L unless it was like 1.5L per cyl.

Proof yet again that you only ever talk shit.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6224 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yep cat-back, with 2 and a quarter inch piping to a Tenzo R muffler

When i did the catback it took out to precats on my downpipe, i could feel the extra gain at top end..

What brand was the CB package? Is it Stainless or just the aluminized BS? How much did you pay?

The Rat must sound allot more heathier now I will bet!

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*