Horizon Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar

This topic has been moved to Games Related Talk.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Gaming   » Online Games Forum   » Starcraft 2 is on its way..

Author Topic: Starcraft 2 is on its way..
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its not confirmed, but it might as well be. GameSpy interviewed the VP of Blizzard today, and he basically said that Starcraft 2 is being developed and should be released around the same time as Starcraft: Ghost.

read the interview here:

http://www.gamespy.com/tgs2002/starcraftint/

Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6563 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GS: One the GameSpy message boards, as well as the Blizzard message boards, you’ve been getting strong reactions from PC gamers about Ghost. Many are screaming things like, "Why are you abandoning us?!?" What’s your response to this? Is there anything you want to say to PC gamers to try and assuage them?

BR: We’ve definitely seen a lot of comments from PC gamers concerned that we’re abandoning PC gaming. I think that the important thing to remember is that even though we are a relatively small company, we do have enough teams to work on more than one product at a time. We were working on World of Warcraft at the same time we were working on Warcraft III. One of the reasons we wanted to do a joint development with Nihilistic is that we didn’t have enough people on our own to do a big console game. I guess the important thing to remember is that one project doesn’t necessarily impact another.

So the work on StarCraft: Ghost doesn’t impact the World of Warcraft team. It doesn’t impact what the Warcraft III team is doing next. It doesn’t preclude us from doing anything else in the StarCraft universe. We certainly don’t see StarCraft: Ghost as being something that replaced StarCraft II. It’s just as likely that StarCraft II will be released at the same time as Ghost. We had two Warcraft teams working at the same time. I think it’s a difficult thing to look at. We even see big assumptions based on our web site. We’ll pull something off and people will go, "Oh my God, they pulled material from the web site. Now the game is being delayed!"

It’s an entirely different team. Our web designers have nothing to do with the game that’s being built. Because we are a tight company and very family oriented, I can see where that perception comes out. But I can certainly assure people out there that this doesn’t mean we’re not going to do anything else in the StarCraft universe. It doesn’t mean that nothing else is happening at the company. More than anything, they should really be excited that we’ve been able to figure out a way to expand, while still being able to keep doing everything we’re doing on the PC while getting back to our console roots. •

Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6563 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fuck, would an admin be kind enough to move this topic over the the games related talk forum and then delete this post
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha i'll do it for you [Smile]

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6528 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*