Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Gaming   » RolePlaying   » My Character

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Character
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

This was a character I made up for a story once. I'll just copy and paste the part of the story and describes him...

As I walked, I wondered how I looked. It had been months since I had a bath, and I never combed my hair. Even though I looked very young, like in my early twenties, I couldn’t completely hide my age. Although my one good blue eye was vibrant and full of life, my old brown eye looked as tired as an old man’s eyes that had been staying up all his life. My body showed scars from many centuries of wandering and fighting, and even with the body of a man in his twenties, I still felt tired and worn out. Yet I managed to keep going, walking, and staying alive.
I am more of a myth to most people than real. They only know my name William Pestorious, and my legendary tale of my one blue eye. My tale goes like this:
When I was very young, around seventeen or eighteen, I was drafted into the king’s army. King Arthur still wasn’t born yet, so this was around the year 932. The king named Edward VIII, who was also known as the Great Siege, was a great general and came up with the best war tactics the world had ever seen. The Great Siege was a man thirsty for power, and he looked to the main land to take over the nation of France. France was the great nation that kept him and his army on the English island. He declared war on France, but unlucky for me, I was one of the many thousands that was sent over to fight. Once in France, I would fight in many battles, but the last one would change my whole life.
I was standing on the front lines, sword and shield in hand, and I looked across the field so see thousands of the French knights and archers. We waited for the signal from the general of when to attack. Silence fell over the whole army, and for one second it seemed as if the general wouldn’t signal the attack. Although I hoped he wouldn’t, I knew better, for the next second the general’s booming voice yelled, “Attack for England and for your king!”
Everything happened simultaneously. The army ran forward and the French arrows leapt from their crude bows, and the whole sky turned black as the arrows blocked out the sun. Arrows came to the ground as graceful as a flock of birds, but one arrow, which was in my blind spot struck me, square in the eye. The pain was devastating. I fell to the ground yelling, “Someone come quick and help me!” but no one came. So I lay there in pain while the battle dragged on. Finally a soldier picked me up and took me back to England, for I was no longer able to fight in the war.
I went to see my father who was a farmer. My mother had gone off studying dragons and never returned. Father was crushed after he had seen what had happened to my eye.
One night he ran off to find the great magical gem that was held by a great dragon king that was the leader of the other dragons in this part of the world. As a result he was able to capture the gem, but the dragon had cut him up pretty bad and he died a few days after he got the blue gem to me. He put the blue gem in my eye socket.
I could feel the power of the gem flow throughout my body. Now I was able to make a new eye, but it turned blue, so I guessed it was because of the blue gem behind it.
Once my father died, I was forced to live on my own. Although I had the magic gem, I didn’t know much magic, but I was able to freeze my age.
Life went on for me. I learned magic from some wizards I met on my travels, but as I got more magic I didn’t know how to handle it. I became as power hungry as the Great Siege, the former king who sent me to France. With all the magic I now knew, with the gem as the source of my magic, I was able to create a powerful army of demons and other dangerous creatures.
Lucky for the world, the great wizard Merlin came. We fought for many days, each using up much of our magic powers, and I loosing many of the creatures I had created.
Eventually Merlin, the powerful wizard that he was, was able to enchant the great gem behind my eye. The spell he put on my gem was that I would no longer be able to use my magic to harm the innocent, or the gem would not work and cause me great pain. So I was forced to work to make up for my sins of my past. I was to become a hunter, a hunter of evil magical creatures. Human or animal, it didn’t make a difference.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.94 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SSJ2Vegetto  
Member # 413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSJ2Vegetto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol. i am the only one with pictures.lol

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2327 (0.37 per day) | From: Space | Registered: Feb 2002 (6288 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Your ability to describe your character without pictures is what this RP is about.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.94 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*