Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame   » the World Against Nuclear Weapons!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the World Against Nuclear Weapons!
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has come to my attention that there are some countries that are developing Nuclear weapons.
While Nuclear Research(15 cr, 4 turns) is unstoppable and 3 countries are already researching it.

i call upon the world in general to stand up for our nuclear free existance.
I here by proclain that ANY country that starts construction of the Nuclear Weapons Resarch Facility(50 cr, 15 turns) will be targeted by my Special forces to destroy that facility BEFORE it is built.
if the Special forces do no succed in destroying the facility then i will resort to conventional bombing to destroy the facility.

i call upon the other countries of the world to make a similar warning to those who wish to take the step towards the destruction of the world.
I dont care if you SAY that you only want nuclear weapons for defencive purposes, there is no such think as a defencive nuclear explosion.
Again i urge all those who oppose nuclear weapons to stand up and be heard.

Roddy of the USA

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6022 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That means your going to be declairing open war on many countries...

you don't want alot of wars on your american, do ya?

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.32 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6398 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dumbass, the point is to get people to be AGAINST nukes, then there wont be ANY who would build the research facility cause they wouldn't want to get sabotaged and bombed to death (or atleast waste the 50 cr on a facility that gets destroyed before its finished)

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6022 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm the dumbass? your going to try and stop the entire world from buliding nukes?

now THAT is dumb

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.32 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6398 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you plan to get these special forces in without being detected, especially into the island nations developing nuclear capability.
You will not land anywhere near the Great British shores without facing a backlash from more than just this Island nation.
You have also assured yourself to be the sure bet for the first to be nuked.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6214 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nuclear weapons are a deterant, it is just that we were some of the first to have the initiative to begin to develop.
They are a deterant against war mongers like yourself.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6214 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a deterent? you want a deterent then spend the 100+ credits you gonna waste on your first nuke on a fleet that can defend you nation.

dont lie to yourself, you know perfectly well that nuclear weapons dont 'deter' anything, they cause a cold war and then the enihilation of the world.

and how do you figure that i'm a warmonger? if you mean my island hopping, then i'm just 'detering' other people from placing nukes under my nose. its a much cleaner approach then yours.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roddy would you really risk losing all your forces to one weapon? it would actually make a more stable world, and would stop Nations like your which seem to be invading every country in its vicinity, Canada faced an unprovoked attack i feel nations against Nuclear Weapons are only in it so that they can easily invade a nation. i have also explained how it would take yet another 15 turns upon the 15 turns for the research facility (in total 30) before and ICBM's could be used, obviously they can be used for defensive purposed, as a plane dropped bomb on an invasion fleet i feel would be a very effective and also used as an offensive weapon it would take turns to reach any target by which time any possible nuclear air strike could be stopped with appropriate air defences

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6452 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
it would take an entire MONTH (real time) to bulid up one nuke. It's really pathetic and i don't know why it takes so long. So we had issued the last game. but this is had TOO far

--------------------
 -

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by RoddyVR:
a deterent? you want a deterent then spend the 100+ credits you gonna waste on your first nuke on a fleet that can defend you nation.

You realise the costs, it will take me many many turns before i can afford to even build the research facility. By this time in the game such deterant weapons can only be a bonus.

quote:
dont lie to yourself, you know perfectly well that nuclear weapons dont 'deter' anything, they cause a cold war and then the enihilation of the world.

Well they did deter there ever being a nuclear war, the war was just cold, hence the name you fool. If I had nukes now and you wanted to invade me it would more than likely deter you. Hence the name deterant.

quote:
and how do you figure that i'm a warmonger? if you mean my island hopping, then i'm just 'detering' other people from placing nukes under my nose. its a much cleaner approach then yours.

Not at all you idiot, you have blatantly shown that you are aggressive and will invade anyone close to you, this is why we 3 nations are developing nukes, to defend from people like you. And you saying you will attack those planning to build research centres, that is war mongering.

--------------------
 -

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
quote:
Roddy would you really risk losing all your forces to one weapon?
no i dont, thats why i'm AGAINS nukes.
quote:
it would take an entire MONTH (real time) to bulid up one nuke
how long do you think it SHOULD take a country to develop a nuke? in RL it takes WAY longer then 30 months to develop nuclear weapons. (IIRC this game is 1 turn = 1 month)
quote:
And you saying you will attack those planning to build research centres, that is war mongering.
no thats a deterent. i'm trying to deter you from building nukes. lol

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
no thats a deterent. i'm trying to deter you from building nukes. lol

Well you have fucked up logic because you are on the path to creating war, hence the term war mongering.

war·mon·ger Pronunciation Key (wôrmnggr, -mng-)
n.
One who advocates or attempts to stir up war.

... duuuuhhhhhh!

--------------------
 -

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
alright, this disscussion is getting nowhere.
so we will see how many people agree with me, and decide to 'join' me in inforcing a 'no nukes' rule.
if no one joins and everyone starts making nukes then "if you cant beat em, join em" but untill it becomes clear that no one cares to prevent radium junkies like you from destroying the world i wont join the nuke race.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RoddyVR, sooner or later we will all build nukes, me too most likely, but I swear, if your special operations forces or bombing raids come anywhere near or in my border, I'll just make more of them and declare a little 'jihad' by unleashing my nukes at the top 10 major cities of the USA!!!

DON'T COME NEAR ME MAN!

[Mad]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6036 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Soviet Union will actively develop these weapons to defend our people, we have suffered more than any other nation during the Great Patriotic War and we do not want this to happen again..

you other nations who are trying to outlaw these weapons did not have to live through the Great Patriotic War, your children didn't have to starve in Leningrad, your men and boys did not have to charge fascist machineguns with their bayonets... ours did... we will not let it happen again..

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6476 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Britain pledges to support Russia or Japan if they are attacked for furthering scientific development and national and regional security by an outside aggressor.

--------------------
 -

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I would rather have a nuclear-free world, I will have to begin development of an Argentina nuclear arm, as to make anyone think twice of nuking my land. But if any nukes do detonate on the Americas, (meaning north and south) I will not hesitate to counter attack. While the rest of your continents can unleash hell upon your resources, in the Americas, we know the art of preservation.

-Argentinia Republic

--------------------
US NAVY: THE BADDEST NAVY IN THE WORLD
Play my NES's at Civfanatics NES forums!
Support our Troops! Put the Flag in your Sig!
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6023 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
svezos600  
Regular
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for svezos600         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweden is ready to defend any nation (in my alliance) if they are attacked by the war hungry Americans, what i dont get is hes trying to keep the world nuclear free (peacefull) yet he wants to invade other countries if they build one? [Confused]

--------------------
"From know on we will not say that Greeks are fighting like heroes but that heroes fights like Greeks"
_ ____ _ W.Churchill_ _ _
 -

Posts: 186 (0.02 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: Aug 2001 (6375 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Italy will research nuclear capabilities and if givin the chance, will go all the way with nuclear research and use them for defence, and will help defend other countires that are invaded because ofthis

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.6 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6441 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
you are confusing 2 issues. while i would prefer the world to remain peacefull, i know that that aint gonna happen (its a WARgame for crying out loud), but i think it IS possible to keep it Nuclear free. thats what i want.

go to war if you want, but use conventional weapons that only kill the people of NOW and dont screw up the genetic codes of future generations.

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
you guys are just scared shitless, thats why you want the nukes.

if you are all realy just making them as 'deterents' and not so you can take out the countries that are falling behind in the race, then why not agree that NOONE will make them and you have the same (by your theory) effect as if EVERYONE had them.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he's got a point. I will also declare Argentina nuclear free. But as of now we will not attack any nation becoming nuclear ready as we are not in the state too.

-Argentina

--------------------
US NAVY: THE BADDEST NAVY IN THE WORLD
Play my NES's at Civfanatics NES forums!
Support our Troops! Put the Flag in your Sig!
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6023 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a tense silence over the press office of the Forbidden Palace, as Premier Nemesis finally emerged.

The atmosphere was alive with anticipation. The other major world powers had announced their stance on nuclear weapons, what would the man they now called the Dragon, the embodiement of Xin Sheng have to say on such horrific weapons?

"I am sad that others think that they must use nuclear weapons for the defence of their nations." The Premier began. "But China will not stoop to their level, for with the heart, bravery and strength of the Dragon we will not need such barbaric weapons.

"In China, as Sun Tzu once taught us, war is an art to be won by the most honourable and noble warriors, not the ones with the most nuclear weapons.

"That is why I know, as we are the most honourable and noble warriors on earth, we will not have to fear such weapons, and one who would use them upon China or an ally of China will find themselves destroyed and defeated by the overwhelming force of Xin Sheng.

"However, I will not let China fall too far behind, should too many nations build nuclear weapons we will acquire one nuclear submarine from another nation to give us some leverage in the language of nuclear diplomacy that other nations seem to be desperate to speak. But this will be a last resort, for China by the will of our ancestors will not fall into such desperate measures. We will fight honourably as we always have.

"Good bye Comrades, and may the power of Xin Sheng and the Party be with you."

--------------------
 -
President Nemesis of the People's Republic of China

With the might of Xin Sheng, China will rise once more!

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6476 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demetrias  
Member # 658

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demetrias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ukraine feels its pointless for them to develop nukes and don't feel like wasting the cash to build them as a deterant so just plan on building a really spiffy airforce and screw this nuclear arms race. The Russians can build them its there creds they are wasting.

--------------------
" There is always two a master and an apprentice."
Don Rapheal Fiore

Posts: 212 (0.03 per day) | From: Laporte, Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6022 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*