Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame   » Official Attack Rules

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Official Attack Rules
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Each of these rules comes from a past experience in this game.

Russia VS. China Credits

Everyone should know about this one. Lets say you saved up your money for a few days, and then the enemy attacks you. Will you be allowed to use those credits? This is how it is going to work.
1. If you got credits from the past and you are attacked you must divide them in half and only use half the credits.
It isn't totally fair if you can save up all your credits and then when attacked use all those credits to buy counter units.
2. Now, lets say someone posts an attack on you at the very start of the next turn before you post what you buy. If it is on the same turn, you can use ALL YOUR CREDITS FOR THAT DAY.

Review: You can only use half of the credits you got saved up from past days, but you can use ALL the credits you make on the day of the attack from your credit income.

[i]Example:[i] China makes 20 credits a day. For Truns 5, 6, 7, and 8 he saves his credits. So now he has 100 credits. On turn 9 he gets attacked. China gets half of the 100 credits from the past, and the full 20 for turn 9. So he gets to use 70 credits for a counter attack.

Swedish Occupation

Sweden was the first country to attack and defeat another real player nation. Gbotto and I had to decide on a way of giving occupation units. Normally I pick my occupation units on what a country has for military and population in real life, but since we're going by the military you make in this game it doesn't work. So, occupation units are 150% of what the nation is worth. So Ukraine is wroth 8 credits a day. 150% of 8 is 12. So Ukraine needs 12 occupation units.

The Disagreeing French

When a Moderator does an outcome you get the chance to give you opinion. However, if the Moderator says tough luck or something, you better leave that Moderator alone. Because some poeple might abuse their right to voice an opinion I'm giving Moderators the ability to change outcomes for the WORSE! This is a deturant to try and keep people from pestering the Moderators too much, because we are busy and need to keep this game moving. So far nobody has been bad about this, but France is the one that has disagreed the most with his outcomes so this rule is named after him.

Moderators VS. Democracy

When it comes to outcomes vs. non player nations Moderators are ALWAYS right. However, we have a lot of arguments over outcomes vs. real player nations. These fights involve everyone. If there is something where the Moderator may be cheating, or NOBODY likes this rule, then a vote will be taken. It will take like a 3/4 vote to overturn a Moderators outcome or decision on a rule or something like that.

Ukraine Cancels

Sweden attacked Ukraine while the Ukraine posted that it was going to attack Moldova. However, it cancled the attack and went on a defensive against Sweden. This can be done. However, if a Moderator posts the outcome you can not go back and say you didn't! And, if you cancel an attack to defend your country you will lose more units.

If you delete you attack because you want to change it to defend you country because you're being invaded, you will be punished. However, the only way I'll find out is if someone tells me. You can take the chance of your enemy not ratting you out. But if do find out you did cancle the attack, your outcome will be far worse against you.

USA and Purchasing

Once you purchased something for that turn, and then you are attacked, you are not allowed to switch units with something else that is the same price.

USA vs. Europe to Help

If you send units to help another, but on you way an enemy sends forces to stop them you got a few choices. If you got stuff like radar you can turn around. If you don't have radar you better hope your units can counter anything that is being sent against you.

Japanese Vacation

If a player is on vacation they may not be attacked until they have returned. The player on vacation may not have somebody else buy units for them, or play for them. A player on vacation may not go back and take over nations, buy stuff, or attack other nations on the turns they have missed.

Iraq Defensive

When each player lists their units for an attack, they must have a list of all their units!

IF THERE IS SOMETHING I DID TALK ABOUT PLEASE POST IT HERE AND I WILL EXPLAIN IT

[ September 30, 2002, 00:01: Message edited by: Shagi_Fighter ]

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.95 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6196 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-dkumral600-  
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -dkumral600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did u say tough luck on the last attack i agrued? [Confused] [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

-dk-

Posts: 2207 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2001 (6483 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Anything that anyone else wants to add or has questions about? If not these rules will be set in stone for this game. Next game we can change the rules around some more.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.95 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6196 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demetrias  
Member # 658

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demetrias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fighter please read my post about after taking over a player nation. Its called the Ukraine Invasion since its the only one that happend.

--------------------
" There is always two a master and an apprentice."
Don Rapheal Fiore

Posts: 212 (0.03 per day) | From: Laporte, Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6048 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well done, fighter. But I have suggestion that games at CFC use and that is that a new unit can not attack or defend the turn it is built. That means you can use all the credits you have banked, but the units you build will not be effictive in battle until the next turn. This is equivelent to in real live like recalling all the reserves, etc. So if Russia attacks China (for example), then china can use all her money banked that turn, but the units wont have an impact until the next turn.

This also prevents banking races and prevents unrealistic armies, like 200c armies being made out of thin air in one day. lol.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

-Jason

--------------------
US NAVY: THE BADDEST NAVY IN THE WORLD
Play my NES's at Civfanatics NES forums!
Support our Troops! Put the Flag in your Sig!
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6049 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

By the next turn they might be dead. So they need to able to use those units right away. Anyway, we'll stick with the way we got. If it doesn't work out we'll change it next time. Anything else anyone wants to add?

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*