Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame   » Ideas/Suggestions for Modern WarGame V.6

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ideas/Suggestions for Modern WarGame V.6
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me what you guys think about these ideas:

-Electronic Warfare 'Jamming' Aircraft: These aircraft use high-powered 'jammers' and other electornic gear to confuse/decoy enemy RADAR and sensors, having these air units would allow you to 'block' out enemy RADAR Stations and AWACS Aircraft Units and give you an advantage in battle (Players would have to research these units)

-Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): These 'remote controlled' aircraft would act like AWACs and ground Recon units and give your forces better advantages on the battlefield. (Players would have to research these units)

-'Upgrading' Units: Players could do a special kind of research to 'upgrade' current units and give them better abilities. (and also adding a few more credits to the price)

-Satellite Killing Satellites: These special kinds of satellites would use lasers to attack and destroy enemy satellites. They would be very expensive though.

-Anti-Ballastic Missile Systems: Players could research systems to protect themselves against enemy nuclear missiles. If you guys like this idea i will spend quite some time researching/implementing this idea. It would cost alot but would be worth it in the end when you have a ABM system up and your enemies missiles are worthless...

Please share your ideas/suggestions etc..

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some examples of some of these new systems:

-
^EA-6B 'Prowler' Electronic Warfare/Jamming Aircraft

-
^EF-111 'Spark Vark' Electronic Warfare/Jamming Aircraft

-
^'Predator' Unmanned Aerial Recon Vehicle

-
^'Global Hawk' UAV

-
^Overview of future anti-missile systems

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Napalm!!!!!!

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.32 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6397 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
weapons like that are considered to be part of the attack air units

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bunkers? beach head defending bunkers? something like this perhaps?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.18 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6369 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more thought into Air bases and Army bases, currently no one buys them because of the price and they only hold 1 units. I think there should be bases for 6 creds that hold 4 units and say 15 for 10 units including all ground units and up to 2 helicopter units.
Air fields 8 creds for 4 fighter/attack units. 20 creds for 10 unit air field including up to 4 bomber units.
Then you can combine bases in your own country or even abroad also adding AA bases and RADAR for maximum defence capability.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6213 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
I like that idea

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a basic 'Base Facility' and then 'add-ons' the player can buy to make the bases more of his own, things like RADAR, Command Centers, AA-Weapons etc...

[ October 06, 2002, 15:18: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
tell me ur thoughts/suggestions on this new system for bases:

------------
Bases:
(Units that are based at ‘bases’ are better when attacked and when attacking, PLEASE REMEMBER to note what units you have based at what ‘bases’ in your Nation Topic and when your doing attacks.)

Army Base: This is the basic ‘base’ facility for your military installations. Starting off this base can only support 2 ground units. Other facilities can be added to it. (Cost: 12, building time is 2 turns)

Navy Base: This is the basic ‘Naval Port’ facility for your forces. Starting off this base can only support 4 naval units. Other facilities can be added to it. (Cost: 16, building time is 2 turns)

Air Base: This is the basic ‘air base’ facility for your military installations. Starting off this base can only support 2 air units. Other facilities can be added to it. (Cost: 14, building time is 2 turns)

Base Add-Ons:
(These can be added to basic ‘base’ types once you have them built)

RADAR System Add-On: This Add-On adds a high-powered RADAR system and RADAR control center to the base. When this add-on is installed the base has much better detection capability. And any units based at it have good defense capabilities. (Cost: 20)

Command and Control Center Add-On: This add-on makes a base have better capabilities and makes it more likely to survive a nuclear attack. (Cost: 30)

Base Expansion: This isn’t really an add-on but it adds room for more units at a base. When this is done to an ‘Army Base’ the base can house +3 more units, for a ‘Navy Base’ its +4 ships and for a ‘Air Base’ its +2 air units. (Cost: 20 for each ‘expansion’)

Submarine Dock Add-On: This can only be built at ‘Navy Bases’. It allows the base to house, repair and rearm submarines. Each ‘Submarine Dock’ can support 4 submarines. (Cost: 30)

Nuclear Weapons Storage Add-On: When this is built at an ‘Air Base’ it allows the base to house ‘Plane Dropped Nuclear Weapons Loads’ for capable air units. Each ‘Nuclear Weapons Storage Add-On’ can house 6 ‘plane dropped nuclear weapons loads’. (Cost: 30)

Anti-Aircraft Weapons Add-On: This ‘Add-On’ adds AA-Guns and AA-Missiles along with the needed control systems. This can be built at any of the 3 types of bases

[ October 06, 2002, 15:46: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like the addon system for bases, but if you dont cut the cost by 4 or 5 times noone will build any of it
why build a sub addon when you can build another sub for that cash.
why build an expansions to the army base when you can build 3 good tanks (or 10 infantry in some people's cases) for that cash.
these things are stationary, so once you build em you just no longer have the cash, and it might even never get used if noone attacks your country(how far from its base could a ground unit reach.....)

if all that stuf cost like 5-10 cr then i would see the point of it.
and you dont have a cost at all for the aa guns

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6021 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
the prices have been updated [Smile]
-dkumral600-  
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -dkumral600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like this base idea, i never bought them b4 becuase they were too expensive and didnt house enuf units

--------------------
 -

-dk-

Posts: 2207 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2001 (6456 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting back to the topic of the thread, i think that what REALY needed for the next wargame (why'd you start this thread so early?) is a set of clearly writen rules.
most of the rules in the Info thread now refer to "same as in before, but with these changes......"
considering how NO ONE knows what the rules were before....

These are the things that have...complicated the game: (i'm NOT looking to change these things in THIS game, but for the next one)

Trading rules: the 4 cr you get the turn you build the trade unit should NOT be given as all it realy does is makes the price of the trade ship 4cr less (down to 12cr) and can be confusing.

Research/Facility timing: do you need Nuke research to build the nuke facility(that thing should NOT be named a "research facility" cause thats confusing too).
same thing for satelites, do you need the research BEFORE you start building the launch pad? or Vice Versa

Something Ice had comeup with when we were talking a while ago: Like the attack thread, there should be a thread where people post what 'Technological Advancements' they have made. Most players (and mods i think) dont read EVERY post in the main thread, and NO ONE reads all the nation threads. so research and Tech Giving facilities can be built unnoticed. (like Fighter's Nuke building was for a while). So it would be real nice to have a thread where it would all be in one place.

The Attack/Defence/Counter-Attack Rules: I think fighter has a prety well defined set of rules for it, but i just wanna bring up that either THAT set of rules be put into the next game, or a different one be drawn up that provides rules for atleast MOST situations.
the whole "who posted first" thing is a bit of a build in loophole in the rules.

the Unit lists: we havent actualy had many player on player battles so i dont know if this needs fixing or not. but we have a Unit system that can have two different ways of looking at a Unit. what its like in real life and what its unit cost is. Meaning if you have a two countires each send a fighter unit to a battle, and the fighters cost the same for unit cost, but in real life one of em is faster or more techladen or just usualy has better pilots, should the RL factors affect the outcome?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6021 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
the prices have been updated [Smile]

you sure?

the expansion addon basicaly has the capacity of a base. but it costs MORE. why would anyone build one?
just build another base, its cheaper and holds the same number of units.

The Radar one costs the same as the regular 'stand alone' radar station. why build it at the base to make it easier to destroy by a bombing run from the enemy?

with the prices you have there the ONLY one that would make sense to me would be a navy base(i dont think i'd build the Sub adon though), cause the navy units are expencive so the relative cost is smaller.
i cant see building an army base for 12cr just to house 2 infs that cost me 10cr in total. makes better sense to just build more ground units.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
no, i mean i updated the prices in my working file, i'll repost it in a sec

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Did someone say NO ONE has those bases? Well there is one person that has them, and that is me [Razz]

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.96 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6169 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*