Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » The Befoulers   » General   » shooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
e-in  
Just Popped In
Member # 732

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-in     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'mma review this shit. represent.

first band. well, i didn't see that coming. they rocked. or... jammed. for a long time. i liked them though.

second band. they were bad. terrible harmonies. many goats were blown.

befoulers. it's your messageboard so i'll kiss an appropriate amount of ass. just kidding. befoulers were awesome. so much better than i expected from a first show. the bro mosh(that rediculous style of running into each other and not actually dancing) was in full effect but i enjoyed myself despite that. the songs i hadn't heard were great. the songs i had heard were greater. very very good. i can't say enough about how good this was. i'm not kidding either. awesome show. play again. tomorrow. do it. now. i'm serious. tomorrow. i'll skip inferno if you play again. i'm serious. you were that good. really. honestly. that good. so good. very fun. good. great. grand.

i'm out.

--------------------
He's kicking it old school!

Posts: 15 (0 per day) | From: here there and everywhere | Registered: Nov 2002 (6172 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamus600  
Regular
Member # 261

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamus600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
short and well put my man. there wasnt much to see and prior to playing i was a little worried bout how the crowd would precieve us but when i noticed at the end of life in america (opening song) that we had the largest group of people of any other band that had played, and instead of leaving throughout the set they just kept coming, i could only assume everyone liked what they heard... either that or someone wrote "dick" on my face and everyone was laughing. but seriously thanks to everyone who came out it really was appriciated and we couldnt have asked for a better first show (well maybe it would have been better if the room wasnt 3 feet wide but oh well). but thanks and come see us again

--------------------
"the more i see the more i see there is to see"
"homophobes are just pissed cuz they cant get laid"

Posts: 169 (0.02 per day) | From: BUMBLEFUCK | Registered: Oct 2001 (6580 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
e-in  
Just Popped In
Member # 732

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-in     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, it wasn't just the fact that your face said dick that made me stay.

i genuinly liked the music i heard, and i would much like to hear it again. you should make a demo... and make it good. make it damn good. cause there's nothing i hate worse than seeing an awesome band and getting their demo only to think to myself, "is this the same band i just saw?"

so yeah. demo. immediately.

--------------------

Posts: 15 (0 per day) | From: here there and everywhere | Registered: Nov 2002 (6172 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamus600  
Regular
Member # 261

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamus600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well first we get aaron to learn his shit then we do a demo... or maybe we should preserve our current sound... i dunno. ive never done this band thing before... point is we need to practice mroe and play mroe shows thus building a wider network of people who might consider seeing us more after hearing a half decent demo

--------------------

Posts: 169 (0.02 per day) | From: BUMBLEFUCK | Registered: Oct 2001 (6580 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
e-in  
Just Popped In
Member # 732

Rate Member
you need aaron. this much i know.

2 guitars>1 guitar

also, you need more breakdowns. many more breakdowns. there was one song where i thought there was gonna be on, but then there wasn't. fix that.

you have to build a reputation as being a fun band to dance to. cause then people will go to your shows and have fun. and then want to go to more shows to have more fun.

so in conclusion, you need aaron and breakdowns.

--------------------

shamus600  
Regular
Member # 261

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by e-in:
you need aaron. this much i know.

2 guitars>1 guitar

also, you need more breakdowns. many more breakdowns. there was one song where i thought there was gonna be on, but then there wasn't. fix that.

you have to build a reputation as being a fun band to dance to. cause then people will go to your shows and have fun. and then want to go to more shows to have more fun.

so in conclusion, you need aaron and breakdowns.

having said that, well atleast the part about the dancing, do you really think the dancing was enjoyed at the last show or was it just a bunch of yuppies letting out their agression since their mothers bought them the wrong color nissan Xtera. i dont really mean that, well atleast not entirely, there seemed to be some people enjoying themselves

--------------------

patriarchalxdeath  
Just Popped In
Member # 733

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for patriarchalxdeath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. more shows. more aaron. more dancing. it's all good.

--------------------
while the triple-sixers lassos keep angels roped in the basement, i walk the block with a halo and a stick pokin yer patience

Posts: 17 (0 per day) | From: bumblefuck | Registered: Nov 2002 (6171 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamus600  
Regular
Member # 261

Member Rated:
im up for more dancing aaron shows... why not have them all in one

--------------------

patriarchalxdeath  
Just Popped In
Member # 733

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for patriarchalxdeath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aaron should dance more. in a leprechaun suit.

--------------------
while the triple-sixers lassos keep angels roped in the basement, i walk the block with a halo and a stick pokin yer patience

Posts: 17 (0 per day) | From: bumblefuck | Registered: Nov 2002 (6171 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
e-in  
Just Popped In
Member # 732

Rate Member
nick, that used to be my sig back in the day(a few months ago). my favorite aesop line.

but yeah, more dancing aaron shows are a must.

also, this isn't meant to seem like an elitist bastard thing to say... but...

try to get on bills with better bands.

you notice how unopposed have been playing shows for upwards of 5 years and they're really good, yet nobody cares about them?

that's cause they consistantly play shitty shows that they don't even headline and they got pigeonholed into the role of being the crappy opener that some people nod their heads to but nobody really cares about overall.

soooooo, try to pull some strings and got on some shows with decent bands. nobody outlandish, just middle of the road shows with really good bands. like, a two man or stoics show would do this perfectly. there wouldn't be any idiots there. people would like you.

so yeah, take that for what it's worth.

more dancing aaron. that's the bottom line.

[ November 22, 2002, 11:05: Message edited by: e-in ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*