Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame General Forum   » Total War

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Total War
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a cool idea

total war is when countries shift resources from things like food and luxuries to war.

I think it would be cool to be able to declare total war.

Total War:

Increases Income by 40% for up to 5/10 turns
Decreases Income by 30% for double the amount of turns that total war was in effect, after Total war ends(to show economic shortfalls and decline from the lack of non-war goods)

so you get a short burst of credits to defend/attack, but then sink into depression

so its all or nothing [Smile]

[ January 22, 2003, 04:20: Message edited by: CloyneBlade ]

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6138 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imperial Friedrich  
Regular
Member # 760

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imperial Friedrich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is indeed interesting idea and actually pretty realisic - I wonder why we never came up with this before....

I endorse it, after we polish the details [Cool]

--------------------
"When tanks succeed, then victory follows." Gen. Heinz Guderian
 -

-  -

Nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire Power...

Posts: 184 (0.03 per day) | Registered: Jan 2003 (5886 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it does seem pretty good

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6488 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wouldnt factories be already producing for war? its good idea for defenders but it makes attacking other player nations near impossible

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6464 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
wouldnt factories be already producing for war? its good idea for defenders but it makes attacking other player nations near impossible

war factories make war stuff

i got the idea when i was reading about ww2, like when england saw that they couldnt beat hitler right off the bat, they shifted resources more and more into war into they were in a state of total war. they outfitted furniture and car factories to make tanks n guns and stuf like that.

followed by a harsh economic decline [Big Grin]

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6138 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CloyneBlade:

And the loss of an empire spanning a third of the globe ... [Frown]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6226 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Junglist:
quote:

And the loss of an empire spanning a third of the globe ... [Frown]
*Points and Laughs* *realizes what nation he is* *walks away embarrased*

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.18 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6382 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Italy gained and lost an empire during the course of the war, look what a crap-hole Ethopia is today after the Fascists pulled out

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6488 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yankee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
Italy gained and lost an empire during the course of the war, look what a crap-hole Ethopia is today after the Fascists pulled out

Uhm, Ethiopia was doing fine until Italy invaded.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Mecca, Saudi Arabia | Registered: Jan 2003 (5886 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

yea, start an arguement witht he god of all military history and knowledge.

he'll come back with 40 references and 20 websites

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Yankee  
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yankee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not stating a military fact.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Mecca, Saudi Arabia | Registered: Jan 2003 (5886 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok then i accpet your point cloyne but please i bet you dont say this again!!

'like when england saw that they couldnt beat hitler right off the bat'

Its Britain, im a pain in the ass about that but a huge amount of Americans think England and Britain is the same thing

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6464 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know where Britan is, but where the hell is England? [Confused]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6048 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
your one of a kind, not that you don't know where England is but you know of a magical place called Britan, is it across an ocean from a country called Ameica

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jester89:
I know where Britan is, but where the hell is England? [Confused]

You are joking right?

Please tell me you are ...

-

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6226 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I feel stupid. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6048 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Texans are stupid, poor education and baised opinions.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.32 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6410 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jester89:
Well I feel stupid. [Big Grin]

I dont mean to sound to harsh man but that is REALLY fucking bad ...

--------------------
 -

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

quote:
Originally posted by kenny:

oh the irony

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
ok then i accpet your point cloyne but please i bet you dont say this again!!

'like when england saw that they couldnt beat hitler right off the bat'

Its Britain, im a pain in the ass about that but a huge amount of Americans think England and Britain is the same thing

oh...well now i know [Big Grin]

and the united kingdom is...britian? or britian+ireland?

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
oh...well now i know [Big Grin]

and the united kingdom is...britian? or britian+ireland?

This is where this certain useful invention comes in. Its called a map.

England + Wales + Scotland + Northern Ireland and the isles around our shores = Britain

Britain + all of the land we own like the Falklands etc = The United Kingdom

--------------------
 -

Zachary  
Regular
Member # 764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOH MY GOD!!!!!

Jester, you just make us Americans look bad in geography. Oh yeah we already do. Which is a shame as I've won the school Geography Bee 4 times in a row and been to state twice, hopefully three times.

Jeez and I thought you were kidding! WOW!!

--------------------
 -

Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Embassy for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Posts: 155 (0.02 per day) | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 (5883 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the Italian occupation some African "tribal witch doctors" made a "predicition" that Italy will fall and Il Duce would die before 1950, the local Colonial Italian goverment got pissesd and in a pre-dawn raid the Carabinieri arrested the "witch doctors" and crucified them in a Italian Hangar at a local air-base

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Jester89  
Member # 651

quote:

How so? Have you been to Texas? [Razz]

If I told you how many tests we take WEEKLY you would faint.

--------------------
 -

Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daily [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

quote:
quote:

oh the irony
I'd like to kill kenny just for that.

bwt let me explain the irony, since youre such a retard.

an example of a biased opinion=All Texans are stupid, poor education and baised opinions

hmmmmmm

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Jester89  
Member # 651

quote:
quote:
quote:

oh the irony
I'd like to kill kenny just for that.

bwt let me explain the irony, since youre such a retard.

an example of a biased opinion=All Texans are stupid, poor education and baised opinions

hmmmmmm

Damn, that's a good point. [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

so are we gonna use this or not?

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*