Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Sigos Clan   » Sigos Clan General Forum   » hey qaz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey qaz
karenino  
Visitor
Member # 965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched ur game posted on Expert recs and i thought i might post some coments here.

U know i luv u and all that so dont take the coments personally [Razz]

Ok, were to start. First things first i guess.

Ur not playing smart. This game isn't about reaction, its about anticipation. He picked maya. Its VERY important u see what he is doing at his base. U scouted his base pretty poorly. If u know a trush is coming it should be gg time for him in 5 min.
U passed through his town but didnt really watched what he was doing (Gold, stone, how many on wood, farms, etc etc). That is key.

2 outposts, send 6 vils plus ur scout +2 militia to kill his vils , and send scouts from one stable to his base, but for christ sake, take care of those scouts [Smile] .

U didnt' watched the map. His wood was HORRIBLE. Send a vil and tower it. U'll phuck him up.

Econ wise, u did one tiny resource balance mistake here and there (too much wood at early feudal, made u short on food, which u needed for scouts), and PLZ, plz hit the iddle button key. U never have TONS of iddles, but when u do have iddles vils, u take too loing to correct them.

Ok, now to military. Why go castle?
When i was watching the game, this was what i was thinking.

You had
-No gold
-No stone

He had
- Little army (u saw it)
- Unprotected base ( u should have scouted it)
- from ur perspective he should have a weaker econ since he trushed

Being that said, kick his bloody arse in feudal, ^^
3 archers +3 scouts to his base + 10% of the micro i know ur capable of and it would have been gg time.
He had nothing at home, his wood sucked, and all his resources were clumped.

Raid,raid, raid. U wait to mass too much army till u atack. Thats ok for a frontal encounter, but either to look what he is doing or just to harass, send 2-3 knights-scouts-cav arch and raid him. His base had nothing.

One thing else why raiding is so important. He was meso. U had ur gold back from him, and had taken one of his spots, leaving him only one gold pile. Raid it, molest, bother, disrupt, annoy, anything.
Meso without gold = suck. U know that.

From ur perspective it was as if u decided to play when u were 30 min into the game.

When ur loosing like that, scout the rest of the map, and send a couple of vils, and throuw a couple of tcs there, specially if ur under 150 pop.

Once again, raid like there is no tomorrow.
Just put 2-1000000 stables on one side of his town, set gather points on different part of its town and start cueing scouts whenever food allows. THis aint ur main army, this is just to annoy him and disrupt his eco.

Anuther thing, get BS upgrades earlier, specially cav ones against someone who is likely to go ranged units.

U prolly know all this, but sometimes its good to say it again [Smile] . Gimem a call, well grab some gamez.

--------------------
blah balh, pfffffffffffffffff

Posts: 2 (0 per day) | From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Sep 2003 (5685 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Scorpio Administrator 
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Thnx for feedback Karenino! LOLz if we are talking mine and phoenix game...haha poor game from me or what( I think I should have won)! But damn i lost, still it was very fun to play. where that game is uploaded? url? (cant remember) is there other comments cause it would be nice to c what (good) players say about that chaos!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5925 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks karenino...
I didn't read it through at the moment since I'm on a public computer, but looked like good critics.
The reason I wanted to post this was that for some reason I seemed to have very tough time countering that - and how Scorpio would've won that in an instant, had he done the correct stuff. Of course it wasn't a top game we can play, it's only that both of us managed to screw up things at times.
I'll read the input more closely on Friday, once again, thanks!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 44 (0 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2003 (5797 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Taurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah- im on a university computer too so i didn't read all of ur post-- but, qaz, u say u wanted to see how to counter, i can send u my game vs scorpio- as example... (maybe after tourney finish to not unfair for scorp?)

--------------------
ZN: Sigos_Taurus_
 -

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: surrey, england | Registered: Apr 2003 (5845 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, yeah, i might lose chance to win this tourney 11

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5925 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I know how to counter that, shouldn't have been too tough if I had had my brain with me. I know it all on paper.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 44 (0 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2003 (5797 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Lynx  
Member # 967

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sigos_Lynx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know the game Karenino comments (BTW is it on ERG ?) but these comments sound good.
Watch the map, adapt yourself to it, to your opponent, harass his economy, and so on....
Thats all the difficulty of this game and why it's so interesting. [Eek!]
Taurus, I would like you send me all the games you are currently playing please. Its not for my data files but only to have a chance when we meet [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give everything in order to ask for anything  -

Posts: 23 (0 per day) | From: France | Registered: Sep 2003 (5682 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenino  
Visitor
Member # 965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Actually I know how to counter that, shouldn't have been too tough if I had had my brain with me. I know it all on paper.

U have no idea how much i identify with this phrase right now. Just played a couple of games, some arab, some nomad, some BR, some BF, some LN, all on rated, and i lost all but one, to players i KNOW im way better.
Imagine i was just too scared to re-watch the records of them. I was afraid to feel self pity while watching them lol.

--------------------
blah balh, pfffffffffffffffff

Posts: 2 (0 per day) | From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Sep 2003 (5685 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*