Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame GAME Forum   » A Rule Needing to be Fixed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Rule Needing to be Fixed
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know when I was planning to attack that this woud happen. I just didn't know it would happen in such a scale, and I didn't know that I would be this pissed off.

If someone is gone for 10 or 15 turns, and then gets attacked like what happened to Bronx, they should NOT be allowed to purchase things that can combat this with their money. This is entirely unrealistic, and something that should be fixed. If he were playing like he was suppose to, doing every turn the time it was due, then he wouldnt of bought 44 or whatever subs that he did buy. It ain't fair, and it should be looked into for changing.

Jason

--------------------
US NAVY: THE BADDEST NAVY IN THE WORLD
Play my NES's at Civfanatics NES forums!
Support our Troops! Put the Flag in your Sig!
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.03 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6627 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachMan  
Member # 783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZachMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree there.

When we planned this attack, and attacked too, it isn't really fair to have 44 submarines pop out of nowhere. That is about as unrealistic as this can get.

Bronx, was also extremely non-player, and I can definately imagine Ma$on coming to him on MSN, begging for him to come back to hurt us.

That is strictly unfair and unreal to have 44 subs pop out of thin air. Something needs to be done.

--------------------
 -

S.S. Normandie, the pride of France

Posts: 710 (0.11 per day) | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Mar 2003 (6427 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, fucked up beyond all recognition.

w00t!

CS:

Kills

Deaths:

AHAHAHAHA

[ 26 August 2003, 00:39: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.23 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6640 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it should be allowed, how do you know bronx wasnt checking his topic daily biding his time or maybe even saving for something?

Also things can happen which can take you away from a computer for a few days and its beyond your control. So no I don't think there needs to be a rule about this.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.91 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (7056 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D..:
I think it should be allowed, how do you know bronx wasnt checking his topic daily biding his time or maybe even saving for something?

Also things can happen which can take you away from a computer for a few days and its beyond your control. So no I don't think there needs to be a rule about this.

1.) We all know Bronx wasn't saving for anything. He was missing way too many turns, and had too much money to be saving for something.

2.) Yes, things can happen, so we should allow for the turns to be made out before hand, before u go anywhere, and then each turn is assessed if a battle has taken place. And if this was the case, Bronx conveniently came back right when he was attacked? I don't think so.

3.) Final point - if you are away and can not do ur turns, then your riskin it. Make some allies to cover u. Thats what I did when i left for a week, i did it in case i was attacked.

It is NOT fair for a nation to come back right when he was attacked after not playing for all this time and buy stuff that is directly in effect to what he was attacked with. Once someone is attacked, the units he has in his thread should be the only units allowed to defend. Just where did britain build so many subs in one turn? NOT possible, or fair.

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.03 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6627 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're only pissed off because he spotted the invasion and fucked you up on the seas.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.91 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (7056 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
first, if that is your only come back, then I have won [Smile] .

Second, I am not that mad. If I were I would have quit right of way, and would have made this topic a lot nastier. I just would like it fixed before the next game.

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason the King:

Second, I am not that mad. If I were I would have quit right of way, and would have made this topic a lot nastier. I just would like it fixed before the next game.

Won what?!?!?!? What come back?
I'm not debating with you. I'm telling you the change does not need to be made and pointing out the obvious reason why you think there should be a rule about this? Argue this all you want but like I said... It's obvious.

--------------------

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

1.) We all know Bronx wasn't saving for anything. He was missing way too many turns, and had too much money to be saving for something.

2.) Yes, things can happen, so we should allow for the turns to be made out before hand, before u go anywhere, and then each turn is assessed if a battle has taken place. And if this was the case, Bronx conveniently came back right when he was attacked? I don't think so.

3.) Final point - if you are away and can not do ur turns, then your riskin it. Make some allies to cover u. Thats what I did when i left for a week, i did it in case i was attacked.

It is NOT fair for a nation to come back right when he was attacked after not playing for all this time and buy stuff that is directly in effect to what he was attacked with. Once someone is attacked, the units he has in his thread should be the only units allowed to defend. Just where did britain build so many subs in one turn? NOT possible, or fair.

1) Maybe Bronx wasn't but what makes you think other members won't have to in the future?

2)A few wargames ago I had to move and lost out on a internet connection, I arranged all my purchases beforehand and asked someone to post them for me, I said in the game thats what I wanted, but when I finally left people debated my turns and it all went to hell. In short.. It just doesn't work

3)If you're away then an allie may take the oppertunity to cancel any alliance declare war and take over your country over a long time span and without you having any knowledge of it. Again It just doesn't work

And your final section is just stupid, do you really think this whole game is fair and realistic? Do you think that when someone new comes to power they have no military whatsoever? The turns themselves do not represent what can be acheived in real life in that amount of time, to think it does is stupid. There is no rule limiting a country to the number of purchases it can make because of its size. If there a limit according to size was then the game would be unfair. The game is never going to be fair or realistic and hoping for both is silly to say the least. You say he shouldn't be able to build anything on the invasion turn? So I suppose just like real life when a country is invaded it ceases any kind of production linked to military because it might impede the invading nations attack?

This is a post to show you are wrong there will be no futher agrument about this, I just wanted to prove why you are wrong because otherwise you'll change the subject to how I did debate when I said I wouldn't. I just wanted to take the oppertunity to show you why any point you can come up with about this rule is wrong.

You are wrong, anything you post arguing for this rule in future will be wrong and the whole idea is absurd.

[ 26 August 2003, 11:25: Message edited by: 2-D.. ]

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has always happened, but Jason ... exactly how long were you away for?

Just because I was not checking my topic doesnt mean I shouldnt be allowed to ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.37 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6817 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
quote:
1) Maybe Bronx wasn't but what makes you think other members won't have to in the future?

2)A few wargames ago I had to move and lost out on a internet connection, I arranged all my purchases beforehand and asked someone to post them for me, I said in the game thats what I wanted, but when I finally left people debated my turns and it all went to hell. In short.. It just doesn't work

3)If you're away then an allie may take the oppertunity to cancel any alliance declare war and take over your country over a long time span and without you having any knowledge of it. Again It just doesn't work

And your final section is just stupid, do you really think this whole game is fair and realistic? Do you think that when someone new comes to power they have no military whatsoever? The turns themselves do not represent what can be acheived in real life in that amount of time, to think it does is stupid. There is no rule limiting a country to the number of purchases it can make because of its size. If there a limit according to size was then the game would be unfair. The game is never going to be fair or realistic and hoping for both is silly to say the least. You say he shouldn't be able to build anything on the invasion turn? So I suppose just like real life when a country is invaded it ceases any kind of production linked to military because it might impede the invading nations attack?

This is a post to show you are wrong there will be no futher agrument about this, I just wanted to prove why you are wrong because otherwise you'll change the subject to how I did debate when I said I wouldn't. I just wanted to take the oppertunity to show you why any point you can come up with about this rule is wrong.

You are wrong, anything you post arguing for this rule in future will be wrong and the whole idea is absurd.

First, trust me, I don't go down so easily. Just because you keep saying I'm wrong doesn't make it so, dude.

1.) No one is goin to have to save thousands of credits. And if he is, then he can post his turn, and say bank. Leaving his thread unedited since turn 17 i think it was is not a good way of just saving up for something.

2.) Maybe cus you go screwed over doesn't mean it will happen again. Anyhow, if it comes to making a rule of it, people won't get all confused and mess your orders up if you do them right. Of course you will not be able to attack or anything, but you still should be able to build units. Who says you have to tell anyone to post them? Say your gonna be gone for "X" amount of time, post the turns in your nation topic, and c ya later. If your gone from turn 17 to for example 23, and your attacked turn 20, then the units you bought up to then in your "away" turns will come into effect. BTW, I was gone for 9 days.

3.) If your ally does do that then it is not entirely the game's fault, it's your fault for not assuring you have a loyal ally.

So maybe it isn't as realistic to make a rule of how much you can build, I didn't mean that. I just don't think it is right for someone who is attacked to spend turns on to combat something, when at turn 20 for example he would not of known that he would get attacked, and would have spent it on something else.

I am NOT wrong. A different opinion is NOT wrong. I don't know where you come from, but people I know and around here are not wrong because they have a different opinion of something. THATS JUST PLAIN STUPID.

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Won what?!?!?!? What come back?
I'm not debating with you. I'm telling you the change does not need to be made and pointing out the obvious reason why you think there should be a rule about this? Argue this all you want but like I said... It's obvious.

What do you call what we're doing? It's called debating.

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
You didn't read all of my post after that.

quote:
I am NOT wrong. A different opinion is NOT wrong. I don't know where you come from, but people I know and around here are not wrong because they have a different opinion of something. THATS JUST PLAIN STUPID.
A severely flawed and self righteous opinion is wrong.

--------------------

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:
hah, oxymoron if I have ever saw one.

You obviously believe an opinion is not wrong, and then you judge mine by saying its flawed and self righteous. You contradicted yourself.

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:
hah, oxymoron if I have ever saw one.
You've never seen one then.

--------------------

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
opinions can be wrong, mainly if they differ from mine :-)

we dont need a rule for this, its been that way for 10 games

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.43 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6730 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*