Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Horizon Library   » Horizon Old Forums Archive   » New Info Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Info Thread
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medieval Wargame v1
MOD=Teapot

Turn based wargame based in medieval times.

Starting Credits Per Turn: 15

Objective: In this game, it is your goal to take over Europe, whether it be total conquest, or be conquered by allied nations.

How to play: To play, it is simple, just sign up and and pick what spot on the map you would like. Once the game starts you will creat a thread with your Country/Province name and in that thread you will list all of your purchases and dealings with your kingdom. There will aslo be an official thread where you list your purchases. It will be your responsability to keep your thread up to date, if it falls behind you can, and probably will be penalized in some way shape or form.

Map -
 -

OK, instead of choosing Britain or something like that, to make this the simpliest of the wargames, so you can play it real quick and not use much time on it..just pick a number, and that will be you, in this version, every person will have the same units. pick a number and a Kingdom name, it can be whatever you want.

Turn One Rules

On turn one everyone will be giving 100 credits, and that is all you will have on turn 1 you do not get the 15 credit income for that day. With these credits you can only build military units. Any unused credits will carry over however. Then you can use them for anything you'd like.

Buildings

Fortress - The castle is the heart of every Empire, from this castle you can gaurd your king (you) and defend your empire. If this is destroyed, you are out of the game. However, units at the Fortress fight more skillful than units attacking, which means it will tough for the attackers to take the Fortress, you start out with 1 Fortress and you CAN NOT build anymore

Castle - The castle is your main defensive structure, from these the units can garrison inside and shoot arrows down on the attackers, archers only. Also all other units stationed at the castle will fight better in battle.
(cost 15 credits)

Tower - These are weak structures used for defending, very weak if not defended by unts.
(cost 8 credits)

Farms - These are just what they sound like they are farms
(adds +4 to credit income)

Market -The market, a great source of income for you income hogs. With the market you use trade carts,trade wagons, and trade caravans, each generating a different amount of gold, credits, per turn.
(cost-15 credits)

Farm Cost

Credit Income-----Cost

15-24----------------25
25-34----------------35
35-44----------------45
45-54----------------55
55-64----------------65
65-74----------------75

Attacking
When attacking, basicly you say which province you are attacking, and what units are attacking. If you would like, you can go more in depth, the more detail you put in, the more favorable your outcome will probably be, however that is not required.

Credits for Non-Player Nations[i]
For each province you take over that is not controlled by a player you will get +5 cpt.

[i]Credits for Player controlled Nations

If you take over a province controlled by another player, you will recieve 1/4th of the credits per turn that they get per turn.

Info About Non-Player Countries
These provinces will be controlled by me, for the most part they will be easy to beat, but the longer the game does go on, the stronger they will get. They will have a military that i will keep track of. Basicly each of the non player provinces will recieve 50 credits the first turn, and then 8 credits for every turn after, and their military will be done by me.

Units

Basic Infantry Units

Short Swordsman - The basic sword-weilding infantry unit, carrys a short sword
and shield to battle, nice anti-infantry armor, preforms well against other
infantry, but can have a hard time fighting off other players archers, unless
your swordsmen outnumber the opposing players archers, almost worthless against
a group of Horses
(cost: 4 credits)

Long Swordsman - the basic sword weilding infantry unit, it carries a long heavy
sowrd to battle, slightly more expensive than the short swordsman but slower,
therefore it will be weaker against enemy archer attacks, but on the other side
it is more effective against enemy cavalry and infantry
(cost: 5 credits)

Pikeman - an infantry unit armed with a large spear, it doesnt have much armor,
but are very effective against enemy horses, swordsmen and archers can really
cause problems for this unit though
(cost: 3 credits)

Clubman - A slightly armored infantry unit armed with a spiked club, nice and
quick infantry unit, mainly used for scouting and hit-and-run raiding, not
recomended for traditional combat
(cost: 1 credits)

Basic Archer Units

Bowman - the basic archer unit, little to no armor, but can fire at a distance
quickly, reccomended use for opposing infantry units, very weak if attacked by
opposing horses

Slinger - a cheap un armored unit that slings rocks and other objects of the
sort, good for hit and run attacks, but can be difficult to fight with in a
traditional sence
(cost: 2 credits)

Crossbowman - a more expensive version of the bowman, fires at a quicker pace
and packs a hard punch, very good against opposing infantry and archers, fair
against enemy horses

Spear Thrower - a archery unit that has extra attack against enemy archers,
carries a pack of spears and a large shield for protection, relatively cheap,
not so great against infantry and pretty much worthelss against enemy horses
(cost: 4 credits)

Long Ranged bowman - a very long range but slightly inaccurate bowman, better
for surprise attacks, simmilar to a "sniper". no armor and extremely weak if
attacked
(cost: 7 credits)

Horse Archer - basically a bowman on a horse, fast and effective against most
units ecxept cavalry, good for hit and run attacks as well
(cost: 6 credits)

Basic Cavalry Units

Scout Horseman - a slightly armored man on a non armored horse, equipped with a
short sword, might be good for early combat, but as the game progresses, its
better for hit and run attacks since they are the fastest units in the game

Knight - your basic knight, nice armor on both the horse and the man, long sword
and shield for an attack, great against all units except spearmen and camels,
extremely effective against archers

Camel - a good anti horse unit that is effective against archers, the unit has
some armor and a medium sized sword to attack with, faster than the knight

Basic Seige Weaponry

The Balista - a giant "bow" that fires large objects at an oncoming army, very
effective against slow units in groups, can be inaccurate if facing one unit or
fast units, best if you keep away from oncomming cavalry

The Battering Ram - can knock down any specific building in one turn if
un-guarded, if the building is guarded then you may station 5 foot units of
anytype inside to give off a surprise attack

The Cataput - a slowly moving "car" that can throw a group of rocks at units,
very effective against slow infantry and archers, worthless against cavalry

The Trebuchet - a large sling to knock down any building in a town no matter
what, expensive and if there are any infantry or cavalry units around, consider
it dead, only used for desparate attacks, or together with Balistas
(Cost: 10 credits)

Naval Vessels

Small Transport a small ship used to transport units to a coastline, it has no way to defend its self
Can transport 5 units
(cost 7 credits)

Medium Transport bigger than the small transport, also has 4 cannons on each side to bombard the coast while unloadnig units.
Can transport 10 units
(cost 15 credits)

Large Transport the biggest of all transport ships, it has 8 cannons on each side.
Can transport 15 units
(cost 20 credits)

Gally a small ship used for patrolling mainly, has archers on board that rain down arrows which are on fire onto other ships
(cost 6 credits)

Galleon a bigger version of the gally, faster, more powerful. the main ship of the navy.
(cost 12 credits)

Cannon Galleon a powerful ship with 10 very strong cannons on each side, packs a powerful punch, the downside though, it is very slow.
(cost 20 credits)

Market Units

Trade Cart - Trade carts are just a cart usualy pulled by one mule. They can not hold very much.
(if in a trade route, generates +3 cpt)
(cost-7 credits)

Trade Wagons These are wagons pulled by 2 horses, they have a medium sized area to store goods in.
(if in a trade route, generates +5 cpt)
(cost-10 credits)

Trade Caravan Trade caravans consists of several wagons pulled by horses, these are the biggest of all trade route units.
(if in a trade route, generates +8 cpt)
(cost- 15 credits)

[ September 19, 2002, 04:10: Message edited by: Teapot ]

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6487 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a toned down version of what the first was going to be like, it is toned down, to make it easier to play, which means it will require less time. in future games of this, there may be a simple version very similar to this, and a harder more complex version for the hard core players, [Smile]

I know that this might seem silly the way your location on the map is done and what not, but..it does make it simpler, and makes it so you do not have to know the land and such which will make it easier..which will make it playable by ALL

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6487 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingdom Name: Kingdom of Savoy
Starting Province (#): 30
Capital City(In that province): Torino

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6522 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingdom Name: Valencia

Ruler: El Cid

Starting Province: 36

Capital: Valencia

Nemesis

[ September 17, 2002, 23:49: Message edited by: uknemesis ]

--------------------
 -
President Nemesis of the People's Republic of China

With the might of Xin Sheng, China will rise once more!

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6522 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
starting province = 70
Province name = Ukrain
Capitol city = Kiev
Ruller name = Baron Roddy

i want 70 as the startpoint, tried to figure out what country that is, and the closest i got was "its part of the Ukrain." and i like Kiev so..... but if i missed it by a country (or two?) tell me and i'll rename it to something more 'geographicaly appropriate'

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6068 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
@ roddy...i believe that kiev might be in that province if not..its very close

@ everyone else... i'm working on trade rules now...not sure how i'll do it..but i'll figure something out

--------------------

-

Contact Info

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Teapot:
@ roddy...i believe that kiev might be in that province if not..its very close

@ everyone else... i'm working on trade rules now...not sure how i'll do it..but i'll figure something out

"@ everyone else..." . does that mean that the trade rules wont apply to me? figures thats my punishment for not knowing where Kiev is, its ok, i understand, i will just have to disrupt everyone elses trading by conquering them.

lol

just thougth i would add some 'livelyness" to the game..

by the way, when do we expect this to start up?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6068 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
hehe...maybe i should have said "@ everyone" [Smile] ...haha this game should start soon, i was kinda waiting to see if more people signed up..but if no one else does it will start not today but tomorrow, the same time turn 12 starts in the modern wargame

--------------------

-

Contact Info

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
just realized somehting.
it dont say anywehre how much gold/turn you get for conquered territories.

are farms the ONLY way to increase income? or is there some piece of info missing?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
there is a piece of info missing..that there is...that will be added at the same time i post the trading rules [Smile] ...pst btw i'm pretty sure every unoccupied conquerored territory will give you +5 credits per turn [Smile] , and every player nation will probably give you a little bit more than that

--------------------

-

Contact Info

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
i got another question.
why the boat units?
there are no seas to put them in.

or is that black space all over the map supposed to be one HUGE water 'province'. how far can a boat go in one turn?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
yes..the black area is all water, and the boats can move to the next province over each turn, same rules for ground units, they can only go into neighboring provinces

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*