Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Horizon Library   » Horizon Old Forums Archive   » Official Medieval v1 Game Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Official Medieval v1 Game Thread
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok its started, make your thread, having the province name and number in the title. All purchases must be listed in here, as well with any credits you loan to other people. Good Luck, and Have Fun

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6488 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
turn 1 = 20x knights (100)

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6523 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teapot: I hope its ok i changed my kingdom! I was Brittania, but changed it to:

Kingdom of Macedonia

Turn 1
100c in treasury, 15cpt, 100c to spend
Purchases
10x Knights
10x Crossbow men
100c available, 100c spent

[ September 19, 2002, 03:47: Message edited by: Jason the King ]

--------------------
US NAVY: THE BADDEST NAVY IN THE WORLD
Play my NES's at Civfanatics NES forums!
Support our Troops! Put the Flag in your Sig!
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6070 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm..can you clear up your orders..it seems like you are ordering 100 knights around..when you only have 20

Also i'm making an attack thread now too

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6488 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Knigdom of Cheshire

Turn 1
Starting credits: 100

10 x Knights = 50 credits
10 x Crossbow = 50 credits

Expenses: 100

Credits left end of Turn 1: 0

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6260 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn 1
Start with 100 gold
spend 100
(50) 10x Crossbowmen
(30) 5x Camels
(15) 5x Spearmen
(03) 1x Scout Horseman
(02) 2x Clubmen
Bank 0
Unit orders
Turn 1

10 crossbowmen attack 39
5 camels attack 39
5 spearmen attack 39
1 scout horseman attack 39
2 clubmen attack 39

jason, you owe me for switching it to 39. we SHOULD have fought in 43.

[ September 19, 2002, 22:21: Message edited by: RoddyVR ]

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6069 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to kingdom of macedonia

i dont like you starting out heading towards my capitol.
i urge you to discuss the fate of territory 43 before you start attacking it.

/ooc teapot, could you hold off jasons attack till i get a reply from him, cause other wise there is gonna be a 3 way battle. and if that happens ther are gonna be 2 players with NO military.
also, i have NOT posted my attack into the attack thread on purpose, cause i dont realy want to do it (meaning fight jason on turn 1), so untill i put it into the attack thread it aint official (dont process it)

[ September 19, 2002, 19:09: Message edited by: RoddyVR ]

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6069 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Teapot:
hmm..can you clear up your orders..it seems like you are ordering 100 knights around..when you only have 20

Also i'm making an attack thread now too

thats the price in the ()'s [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6523 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
lol..hes edited his post now..but you should have seen it at first..it was a doozy

--------------------

-

Contact Info

ShaGi_ThuGz Administrator 
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaGi_ThuGz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The City State of Shagiana

Turn 1 Starting credits: 100

15 Pikemen
6 Crossbowmen
5 Knights

Expenses: 100

Credits left end of Turn 1: 0

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4404 (0.69 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001 (6381 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Macedonia Attacks Province 43

10x Knights
10x Crossbow men

The Macedonians catch the enemy off gaurd. The Macedonian forces make quick work of the unorganized less trained army.

Unit Loses

2 Knights
3 Crossbowmen

Occupation Units Needed

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
The Empire at the Edge (Ukrain, 70) Attacks Province 39

10 crossbowmen
5 camels
5 spearmen
1 scout horseman
2 clubmen

Caught unprepared the peasants pleed for mercy, but the mighty Ukrain forces gives none. After the screams of dieing men had ceased the General of the Ukrain foces looked around and smiled at the devistation.

Units Lost

3 Crossbowmen
1 Clubman
1 Camel

Occupation Foces Needed

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
The Great City State of Shagiana (#15) Begins it's Assault on province 16

6 Crossbowmen
5 Knights
15 Pikemen

As the sun comes up, the City of Ishcar is supriced to see the Shagiana forces at their doorstep. The men rush for their weapons but it is of no hope. They are beaten down as soon as they come out into the open.

Unit Losses

3 Pikemen
1 Knight
1 Crossbowmen

Occupation Units Needed

--------------------

-

Contact Info

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaGi_ThuGz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great City State massacres the forces of province 16 to spread its borders....

Attacking Force:
6 Crossbowmen
5 Knights
15 Pikemen

A Total victory with the losses of 1 Knight, 1 Crossbowman and 3 Pikemen....

Shagiana Chooses to leave entire attacking force on the new Province of ArKitZ....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4404 (0.69 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001 (6381 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
(posting for Hellsatan, he told me what to buy, he will be here on weekends doing it)

Day 1 Valkera

Kinghts * 2 = 10
Crossbowmen * 4 = 20
Spearman * 4 = 12
Short Swordsman * 4 = 16
Long Swordsman * 4 = 20
Cannon Galleon * 1 = 20

Left Over : 2 credits

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Day 1

6 Crossbowmen
5 Knights
15 Pikemen

100 credits I believe.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.95 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6216 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Day 1
Shagster Invades 17

Units
6 Crossbowmen
5 Knights
15 Pikemen

And the Shagster Horde approaches under the cover of night, the Galliean troops here the horses neigh, they go and check out what it is, about that time, arrows rain down from above. They blast the attack horn, but it was too late, the Shagster army was already there. Blood spilled out onto the cold hard ground, the crimson flood soon overtook the whole city. In the end, Shagster proved the victor.

Unit Losses

3 Pikemen
1 Knight
1 Crossbowmen

Occupation Units Needed

--------------------

-

Contact Info

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
The Great Nation of Shagiana

Turn: 2

Purchases:
4 Bowmen
1 Pikeman
1 Knight

Attack: (Check attack topic for details)
10 Pikemen
3 Knights
5 Crossbowmen

Assistance:
Shagiana places:
2 Bowmen
3 Pikemen
2 Knights

On Cheshire owned by Junglist to help him in the possible defence of his land from Gbotto....

Garrison:
2 Bowmen on the newly acquired province of ArKitZ

--------------------
 -

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason the King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingdom of Macedonia

Turn 2
0c in treasury, 20cpt, 20c to spend
Purchases
2x Spearmen...6c
1x Knight...5c
1x Crossbowmen...5c
Orders
Group the Knight and crossbowmen with the rest of the army and head to 42. Garrison the 2 spearmen in 43.
20cc available, 16c spent, 4c in treasury

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

Posts: 243 (0.04 per day) | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2002 (6070 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
(doing this for dawg so he sees what to do, this is his turn)

Dawg of Shagi attacks province 7 (see details in attack post)

and purchases:

5 Knights
6 Crossbowmen
15 Pikemen

--------------------
 -

hellsatan  
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellsatan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teapot & Folks - I wont be here this weekend [Frown] Ive gotta go off somewhere with the Family, and I am not happy about it...That said, I have left purchases / orders for this weekend, in the route of Day 2, 3 & 4 (tell me if more are needed), and then Teapot takes over from day 5 (Monday I presume)...

Valkera (59) - hellsatan

All the purchases and Unit numbers etc are laid out in that thread, on the 2nd & 3rd posts...

If there is anything wrong with that, please inform me [Smile]

Satan

--------------------
Guiness is the Best Beer in the World!!!

-

Posts: 1453 (0.22 per day) | From: Northampton, UK | Registered: May 2001 (6523 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
ARRRGGGGHHH.

i hereby officialy request that the map (as updated as posible) get posted into the first post of this thread.

i keep comming here to look at the dam map, only to remember that its in the dam signup thread (which will get to the 2nd page FIRST most likely)

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
lol its also in the info topic..and in Hamiros topic..i suggest everyone put it in their topic as well..i will however be putting it into here too

--------------------

-

Contact Info

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
how many credits do we start with each day?

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
15 credits per turn, but thanks to my two extra provinces i get 25 ^^....

--------------------
 -

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
sorry for not being here today to do the outcomes for day 2..i will get them up soon though..hopefully

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kingdom Of Cheshire

Turn 2
Starting credits: 15

5 X Pikeman = 15

Expenses: 15

Credits left end of Turn 2: 0

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6260 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Shagster Invades 18

(you said same units and same tactics so i'm using the same units that attacked other province minus the ones you lost)

Units
4 Crossbowmen
4 Knights
12 Pikemen

Units Lost

2 Knights
1 Crossbow
3 Pikemen

Units needed for Occupation

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
MACEDON ATTACKS 42

9 Knights
8 Crossbowmen

Units Lost

3 Knights
4 Crossbowmen

Units needed for Occupation

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Nation of Shagiana Invades 45

5 Crossbowmen
3 Knights
10 Pikemen

Units Lost
2 Knights
2 Crossbowmen
3 Pikemen

Units Needed for Occupation

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Jason the King  
Member # 657

Member Rated:
Turn 3
4c in treasury, 25cpt, 29c to spend
Purchases
2x Pikemen...6c
2x Knights...10c
2x Crossbowmen...10c
Orders
7x crossbowmen, 7x Knights are to attack 31. 2x Pikemen are to be fortified in 31.
29c available, 26c spent, 3c in treasury

--------------------
 -
Thx to www.3dflags.com

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
oh, DAM, i thought i had made the attack in turn 2. crap. well, i gonna put it up now, and if i aint allowed to do it for turn 2 cause i'm a dumbass, then it will have to be turn 3 i guess.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
well heres my buys for turns 3 and 4

Turn 3 (20 credits)

2 Knights
2 Crossbows

Turn 4 (25 credits)

1 Market
1 Trade Wagon

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:

Turn 3

5 X Pikeman = 15

Expenses: -

Credits left end of Turn 3: 0

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:

Turn 4

5 X Pikeman = 15

Expenses: 15

Credits left end of Turn 4: 0

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
i cant play anymore i dont have enough time, sorry [Frown]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Gbotto's state becomes an non-player state....

--------------------
 -

PiMP
Member # 266

Rate Member
Shagiana Purchases:

2 Crossbowmen
1 Knight
1 Trade Wagon

--------------------
 -

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Macedon attacks 31!

7x crossbowmen
7x Knights

Losses

4 Crossbow
3 Knights

2 Occupation units required

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Empire on the Edge Attacks province 57

7 crossbowmen from 39 attack 57
4 camels from 39 attack 57
5 spearmen from 39 attack 57
1 scout from 39 attack 57
3 knights from 70 attack 57
1 shorty from 70 attacks 57

Losses
2 Crossbow
1 Camel
1 Knights
2 Spear

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
The forces of Shagnada Attack 7

5 Knights
6 Crossbowmen
15 Pikemen

Losses

3 Pike
2 Crossbow
1 Knight

--------------------

-

Contact Info

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Shagiana Forces Attack Province 30 (No longer occupied)

The forces being used in this attack are:

5 Knights
5 Crossbowmen
15 Pikemen

The abonded army of Gbotto sit to the side and watch the massacare take place, it seems they are thinking about joining in, but then, simply turn their back and ride into the sunset

Losses
5 Pike
2 Knight
2 Crossbow

--------------------

-

Contact Info

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
i did my turns 3-7 (assuming its 7 now) by banking all the gold upto now and spending it on turn 7.
i didnt know which turn you considered my attack on 57 so i assumed it to be 3 just to be safe(it was either 2 or 3).

this turn (7), i am attacking 2 provinces. i tried to find a "one attack per turn" rule and couldn't. if its an 'unwriten' rule then could i do one of them on turn 6 instead?

here are the 2 attacks
Empire on the Edge attacks territory 60
7 Crossbows - 60
2 Camels - 60
5 Pikes - 60
1 Scout - 60
1 Shotry - 60
5 Knights - 60

Empire on the Edge attacks territory 40
7 Crossbows - 40
2 Camels - 40
6 Pikes - 40
1 Scout - 40
5 Knights - 40

prety much the same forces. one has 6 pikes, and the other has 5 pikes and a shorty.

the tacktics are:
scout finds the enemy
camels and knights attack
at the same time crossbowmen shoot em up
and the pikemen (and the shorty) defend the crossbowmen

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*