Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » The Gods Playground   » Moderators Lounge_Addon   » Status Report

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Status Report
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis, seems like ur in charge from squad 600 around here. Ive got a few things to say:

1) Im am planning to make a game orientated website, when ive done that, im gonna move the squad 600 forum to a single forum only, but u guys will still have rights
2) you can help me with the site makin
3) You get a share of the profits
4) Im gonna be admin of this forum along wiv u and your buddies
5) but im not going to take an active part in admin'ing, you see i dont come oneline the same time as you guys do
6) Im going to appoint some mods, and you can too, and the rest will be voted in
7) Im responsible for my mods, and i will keep them inline, and your responsible for yours
8) Change the link on your squad page to this url http://www.horizonforums.com/classy/cg/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
9) i will get a domain name for this forum soon
10) bear with me on thsi forum ill constantly be making changes (ive only just set it up)

11) You can add any more points to this list

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.64 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not part of squad600, so I can't make that decision. I'm only representing them till they get here cause I think they do a good job, and even though I'm no longer a mod, still feel some loyalty to the old board...
Bloody hell! It's posts like these that make me wonder if I hated mod-ing I much as I'd like to think!

Nemesis

--------------------
 -
President Nemesis of the People's Republic of China

With the might of Xin Sheng, China will rise once more!

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And one thing which may be in the squad's interests...
Would the admins and mods be able to change things on each others forums, and if so, will you be appointing any admins? Cause that may cause another EW-esque situation of one abusing his power...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i may only appoint a few admins, but the mods that are appointed can only use their powers in their selected forums.
If any admins start abusing their power, i will take action.
I am what an old friend calls an "uber-admin", which means if anyone gets any admin password, they cannot shut the forum down like they did to the other one, nor can they block me from accessing admin functs.

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.64 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
But when you say that the squad forums would be shortened to just one, does that include the flamers forum, or will that become part of your forums?

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
i think the flamers forum will stay separate, cus you see some people have to flame.
Also we can ban people from all other forums apart from the ff.
The ff was a good idea

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
But who will mod it? The squad or your admins?
Cause it was the squad's idea in the first place...

Nemesis

PS: Why am I trying to negotiate for them? I don't even know what they want! I'm just trying to get them a good deal as I see it!
Damn my stupidity!

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
the majority of the mods will be squad 600.
But youve gotta understand the more people i get to help me with the site, ive gotto retain the favours my makin em mods, but dont worry, you guys will be mods aslong as u want, or unrill you go crazy.

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Well, I've tried getting the best deal possible, so now it's up to the squad to decide...

But what I meant is who will be listed as the mods for the flamers forum?

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
let them come across and we can negotiate properly

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Although to be honest, if I had to choose between shared admin, less forums you want, but more you haven't decided for, and it no longer being a solely squad forum may turn them off.

I mean, why come here for control of one or two forums and shared rights, when they've got their own forums(which are being rebuilt) in which they can have as many forums as they like, and total control, so they don't have to worry about trusting people...

Sorry to be blunt, but trying to put myself in their position...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
I'm afraid none are on at the moment, and it doesn't look like they will be for a while...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm... we will have to talk. I am not sure I like the part of only having 1 forum, is there a specific reason for this?
i am interested.. we will have to talk more.

Posts: 4159 (0.64 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Squad600 should be allowed one section of the forum, like Cossacks is on CDV, but one forum on its own is not enough.

[ May 19, 2001: Message edited by: my_name_is_not_important ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what will the domain name be?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
What will the site mainly be based on, I mean, what type of game, etc?
And how would it make profits?

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we will need to talk more before squad600 will accept any deals.
Posts: 4159 (0.64 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arkan, if the squad decides not to come here, will you remove their name and the flamers forum(which was their idea) from here?
Also, the forums are back up, and the squad is calling for all loyal members to return there, as well as the one's who hate it.
Ifyourwondering, you are to be made a moderator of the squad forums if you return...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
pdykstra600, i understand that you may not like teh idea off having just one forum, and im sorry for the lake of consideration on my part.
This software allows up to 100 differant forums so theres no reason that i can see why you cant have your own set of forums (10 or so) like there was on the old forums you had. Sure, dont think im holding all the cards, i said lets discuss the beginings.

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Arkan, why have you spent so much on a UBB board? Is it to complement your website?
I mean, those prices were astronomical!

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

hellsatan  
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellsatan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. This is a bit expensive.

So, Who will be the Mods?

Satan

--------------------
Guiness is the Best Beer in the World!!!

-

Posts: 1453 (0.22 per day) | From: Northampton, UK | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by uknemesis:
Arkan, why have you spent so much on a UBB board? Is it to complement your website?
I mean, those prices were astronomical!

Nemesis

lets just say that ive come from a privaleged background.

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For that kind of money, you're either Bill Gate's son or the Lord of Lancashire!

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by arkan:
pdykstra600, i understand that you may not like teh idea off having just one forum, and im sorry for the lake of consideration on my part.
This software allows up to 100 differant forums so theres no reason that i can see why you cant have your own set of forums (10 or so) like there was on the old forums you had. Sure, dont think im holding all the cards, i said lets discuss the beginings.

so what do you squadd 600 guys think about the above (^^) then

--------------------

-

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
ive got the technical know how, and the many contacts needed to make this site, or project as succesful as we can handle.
Ive got internet design companies on my ass for my skills, no joke.
I just need as much help as i can get.

--------------------

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Well the fact that it's a UBB board is swaying them, I think, as well has a larger number of forums...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

s o r o k a  
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s o r o k a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you make us our own adress for the forums, like on a different page?
Posts: 1106 (0.17 per day) | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: May 2001 (6462 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
I agree that it should be separate from the main forums...
Apart from that, I'm beginning to quite like having no adverts, etc...
Anyway, what are all the new forums for, Arkan? And will any private forums you make work better on here, as in the last one mods couldn't post in the staff forum...

Nemesis

PS: Good job I have long lie-ins! But also bad, cause then I can't get to sleep and end up on here for an hour until I eventually begin to feel sleepy...

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*