Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » US and Iraq

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: US and Iraq
-dkumral600-  
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -dkumral600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think the US should go into Iraq?

Personally I don't really think the US should go to a war right now. I dunno what other countries think of this, but i know Turkey doesn't want to get involved really because its gonna screw up their economy worse than it is now. In the last Gulf War they lost $40B because their economic ties with Iraq were screwed up. But if the US promises not to allow the Iraqi Kurds to have a Kurdish state (because the Turks don't want the Turkish Kurds to want their own state and rebel against the Turkish Government) and if the US releaved turkey of some great military debts, then Turkey will help the US in this war.

But i think that this war is gonna get rid of what stabililty is left in this region. I think they should try other ways of solving problems instead of having a war.

What do u think?

--------------------
 -

-dk-

Posts: 2207 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2001 (6453 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nateddi  
Visitor
Member # 648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nateddi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any bloody dictator that helps protect foreign capital, which includes corporate investment, is welcomed by our state. that is why saddam was once a friendly despot (iran-iraq war) and now he's been demonized for threatening "our" oil supply (gulf war and further).

lets face it, he had no connection with september 11 and there is no evidence that he is making anything. only speculation.

now think of this, if he has weapons, wouldn't it be better to not invade or he might just use them against us.

the whole fucking world is against this, and such a move will further mass destabalize the middle east for a very long time.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4 (0 per day) | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Jul 2002 (6043 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would hope the US goes thorugh with this as it would make my job a whole lot easier (i am a free lance military analyst)

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.19 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6472 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just because Iraq is a threat doesnt give Bush the right to go marching into baghdad. Hail Saddam

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6485 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*