Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » Should Tony Blair get involved in politics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should Tony Blair get involved in politics?
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well what is your opinion on this subject?

This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.77 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8378 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering he is not only a politician, but Prime Minister of Britain and I am a Blairite (of sorts) I think yes … obvious really … Could you elaborate on what you mean a little more?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.14 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (8139 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf is up with you tonight [Confused]

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.77 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8378 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
wtf is up with you tonight [Confused]

Sorry man, I think things I say come out harsher than they were meant to be sometimes ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.14 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (8139 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol now you know how i feel, I say things and people take it different..

anyways..I voted yes....so like Junglist said could you elaborate more on that one plz?

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.27 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (8266 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
hes supposedly a politician but ive yet to see him engaging in politics, he seems more of s guy who goes on holiday a lot and pretends to be an ambassador, and leaves a lot of important political things to totally inept Labour Members such as Prescott

[ January 08, 2003, 16:22: Message edited by: 2-D ]

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
OMG man ... I soooo disagree ... Blair is the best leader we have had in a long time. Especially for the times we are going through. Blair does an absolute shit load, it is only because he is not in the press that we do not here about anything.

'Blair does some boring parliamentary stuff' is not a good headliner, if you have SKY do you never see the PM’s question time etc? A lot of his subordinates are not inept at all, Prescott is a dick, but he is actually a good politician.. But it is not as though Blair makes all the decisions, this is why we have ministers etc.

Everyone has forgotten what Britain was like last time the Tories were in power. I am a Blairite, I agree with our tax rates … Blair is very involved, I mean who do you propose … Hauge was shite and had to go, replaced by Duncan Smith, who is possibly the worst Tory leader in a long time, who will loose the conservatives the next general election … and that Ginger twat who is head of the Tories, he is that involved I cant even remember his name. Hopefully Liberal Democrats will win more seats than Conservative and be in opposition to Labour. That would be a great day for British politics!!

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
me and junglist have discussed this on msn and agreed we dont want a ginger person running the country.....

--------------------

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
if you have SKY do you never see the PM’s question time etc? A lot of his subordinates are not inept at all
oh yes they are...!
seriously i do watch BBC's question time which basically has a different subordinate nearly eevry week, and they get caught out on so many things it makes you appreciate how truely useless they are, maybe the torys just need a better leader but the tory politicians must be good to corner those outstandingly good labour politicians if they are so honest and good at thier job, the debate on top up fees on question time will remain in my head forever

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Yeah, the one thing that would sway my vote to Lib Dem is the fee's thing ... they introduced these just as I started university ... leaving me with about £11,000 personal debts for when I leave Uni ...

The thing is all politicians are inept useless twats, its just that some do it differently than others. You are never going to be able to have a government that will be able to please every single element of the populous, and still keep such a small island as ours not only rich but a key play on the international stage.

Its because of this inherent ineptitude of all governments and the memory of the blunders of conservative rule that I remain firmly a Blairite ...

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*