Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » US working on lightning weapon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: US working on lightning weapon
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US Air Force is working on developing a man-made bolt of lightning powerful enough to fry sophisticated computer and electronic components in weapons.
Researchers are looking at ways of putting so-called High-Powered Microwave (HPM) beams on aircraft and cruise missiles.

More ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another step closer to "Command and Conquer: Red Alert"

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:

hahaha

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5990 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh...Tesla Towers

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6413 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isnt that like what this upcomeing movie "the core" is about

where they make this microwave stuff which somehow stops the earth's core from working

man that would blow

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (5956 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meefers:
isnt that like what this upcomeing movie "the core" is about

where they make this microwave stuff which somehow stops the earth's core from working

man that would blow

More Hollywood crap about as scientific and beleivable as god then?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6256 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah
and the plot involves re starting the earths core with a lot of nuclear warheads

yeeehawwww bullshit

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (5956 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its just armageddon...except we are dealing with the earth and not an asteroid

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6413 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StifflerSays  
Member # 777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StifflerSays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They already produced the lightning weapon.

--------------------
I smell PUSSY...
 -
Go, Go, Go, Go, Go shawty it's yo birfday....
 -
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation, and a foundation for inner security"- Albert Einstein

Posts: 223 (0.03 per day) | From: Holdin it down in H-ton | Registered: Jan 2003 (5899 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StifflerSays  
Member # 777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StifflerSays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the radio that they are definately using it in Iraq.

--------------------
I smell PUSSY...
 -
Go, Go, Go, Go, Go shawty it's yo birfday....
 -
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation, and a foundation for inner security"- Albert Einstein

Posts: 223 (0.03 per day) | From: Holdin it down in H-ton | Registered: Jan 2003 (5899 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what they are gonna use in Iraq is probably gonne be an EMP version of Tomahawk or EMP "bombs" dropped from the B-1B bomber

these weapons will kill all electronic devices in the area they are detonated

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hate Your State  
Visitor
Member # 796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hate Your State     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I heard on the radio that they are definately using it in Iraq."

Yeah and I'll burn the local American embassy if they do.

--------------------
"I think it would be a good idea." - Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003 (5856 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hate Your State:

Yeah right ... yet another anarchist that takes his freedoms for granted. If you have a problem with the free democratic western world you live in, that gives you the right to whine, why dont you fuck off to North Korea or Iraq.

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
quote:

oh god you little liberal fucko

go suck a dick becuase most liberals are faggots

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:
quote:

Yeah right ... yet another anarchist that takes his freedoms for granted. If you have a problem with the free democratic western world you live in, that gives you the right to whine, why dont you fuck off to North Korea or Iraq.
Tell 'em Bronxie boy.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5990 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hate Your State  
Visitor
Member # 796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hate Your State     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yeah right ... yet another anarchist that takes his freedoms for granted. If you have a problem with the free democratic western world you live in, that gives you the right to whine, why dont you fuck off to North Korea or Iraq."

"Free democratic Western world", that's simply laughable. In this democratic society, the only small group with power is APPOINTED by a President who stole an election. Not like there are more than one party in the States anyways, the Democrats and Republicans aren't remarkably different.

I never claimed North Korea or Iraq are any more 'free' than the States, in fact they're ruled by fascists, but American expansion is a far more pressing threat to the global well-being.

"oh god you little liberal fucko

go suck a dick becuase most liberals are faggots"

Liberal fucko I am not, in fact I actively demonstrate against the Liberal party here. What kind of word is 'fucko' anyways? Even if I am a faggot, i'm obviously smarter than you. Petty insults are for conservatives, hope you enjoy private school.

--------------------
"I think it would be a good idea." - Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003 (5856 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Petty insults are for conservatives
woohoo, my time to shine....

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6495 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Free democratic Western world", that's simply laughable. In this democratic society, the only small group with power is APPOINTED by a President who stole an election. Not like there are more than one party in the States anyways, the Democrats and Republicans aren't remarkably different.

Word.

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.2 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5829 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Yeah right ... yet another anarchist that takes his freedoms for granted. If you have a problem with the free democratic western world you live in, that gives you the right to whine, why dont you fuck off to North Korea or Iraq."

I never claimed North Korea or Iraq are any more 'free' than the States, in fact they're ruled by fascists, but American expansion is a far more pressing threat to the global well-being.

"oh god you little liberal fucko

go suck a dick becuase most liberals are faggots"

Liberal fucko I am not, in fact I actively demonstrate against the Liberal party here. What kind of word is 'fucko' anyways? Even if I am a faggot, i'm obviously smarter than you. Petty insults are for conservatives, hope you enjoy private school.

God your so brainwashed to think that America is trying to take over the world, but I doubt you will be back.

A President who stoled the election. LMAO how many times to they have to re-count the votes to prove Gore lost get over it damn. Next you will be blaming Bush on the JFK's death.

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6204 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Rascist remarks here, edited.

-Kenny

[ April 09, 2003, 22:38: Message edited by: Kenny ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:

The American election was one time that even came close to happening, it is hardly good to put to shame the entire democratic world because of one slip.
Yes the people are APPOINTED as you put it, because that’s what happens in a democracy when a certain party gets elected. The reason why these people are APPOINTED is because what the fuck do the general populus know about these people, their skills etc that’s why it is best for the leader that has been elected to APPOINT the heads of state. This reasoning is so blatantly obvious it is untrue, how can it be a fucking injustice you moron?

Do you ever stop to wonder why political parties are not so different? Maybe its because they are awake to the reality of how a country in this world has to be run.

quote:

Who ever said you did claim North Korea and Iraq were more free than the states? Certainly not me … I think you may be getting confused. American expansion … hmmm I would believe that if an American was set to take over a country for ever. Why is bringing liberty, equality and democracy to the world evil expansionism?

Lets not forget you live in an ex-colony that still has the queen as head of state used to fly the Union flag of Britain until the 1960’s. If you have expansionism that much, does it not disgust you to think that the entire system in which you live and breath was set up by imperialist expansionism?

quote:

So what are you then, an another annoying green, or anarchist or something?

I want to know what kind of political beliefs you have, and how you think the world should be run?

As you obviously think you know more than all the knowledge acquired from hundreds of years of western democratic politics.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watch it guys, it's getting a little hot and I might have to start editing some posts if you two don't cool it down and get rid of the swearing. Even if there is few of them

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.31 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6441 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Like I said ...

[ April 10, 2003, 10:48: Message edited by: Bronx ]

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how did this place get resurrected anyways?

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.31 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6441 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not like there are more than one party in the States anyways, the Democrats and Republicans aren't remarkably different.
hey douchebag, theres more than just two parties in the the US dumbass. There are plenty of 'independant' parties on the ballot. Democrats and Republicans are just the biggest ones. If we wanted to elect an 'independent' party we would.
Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:

lmao thats exactly what i was going to say ;-)

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6519 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am interested in knowing what philosophy backs his mouth
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*