Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Military/War/Politics/History Forum   » Celebs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celebs
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with all these celebs, making campaigns to stop war, when they don't know what it's really all about. It's a bit sad and pathetic, when you think about it, they should just stick to acting and singing, that's what they are good at. It's so frustrating when you see people like kylie and coldplay trying to stop war when they don't know a damn thing about it.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1778 (0.29 per day) | From: On a pc.....duh!!!! | Registered: Nov 2002 (5986 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't agree with you more. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.25 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6085 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jester89:
I couldn't agree with you more. [Wink]

Hey at least someone agree's with me.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1778 (0.29 per day) | From: On a pc.....duh!!!! | Registered: Nov 2002 (5986 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amanda*:
What is it with all these celebs, making campaigns to stop war, when they don't know what it's really all about. It's a bit sad and pathetic, when you think about it, they should just stick to acting and singing, that's what they are good at. It's so frustrating when you see people like kylie and coldplay trying to stop war when they don't know a damn thing about it.

Its like when George Michael had a go at Blair, his reply was basically that Blair doesnt tell him how to sing, he shouldnt tell him how to run a country.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6262 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx:
quote:

Its like when George Michael had a go at Blair, his reply was basically that Blair doesnt tell him how to sing, he shouldnt tell him how to run a country.
So true, it disgusts me though sometimes what the celebs will do just for a little more attention from the press. They think if they get into this war thing, they will be loved by public.Well they're wrong.

[ March 18, 2003, 17:24: Message edited by: amanda* ]

--------------------
 -

-

Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sorry but I have to ask you this, What makes you think they know nothing about this war ? You seem pretty sure of yourself in a few other posts about George Bush and his "hidden" agenda and on why he is fighting this war, but the Stars are wrong???
If you had the TV time that the stars do would you NOT voice your opinion.

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6210 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Checkered:
quote:

Sorry but I have to ask you this, What makes you think they know nothing about this war ? You seem pretty sure of yourself in a few other posts about George Bush and his "hidden" agenda and on why he is fighting this war, but the Stars are wrong???
If you had the TV time that the stars do would you NOT voice your opinion.

Most of the stars don't know what they are talking about, i'd agree some do, but you can tell most of them making anti-war campaigns know nothing about it and what this war is all about. They have to stick their noses in, for example: Kylie minogue- she says we have to stop this war for whatever reason but while she does this, she wiggles her bottom or something and all the guys come and agree with her. To me that doesn't make it right. There are some like the hollywood stars do know what they are talking about, and U2 do, i respect them, they don't do it for the publicity.

--------------------
 -

-

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whilst some stars dont have a clue, some do. And it doesnt matter, i am one of many who are against the war and we've tried protesting but that didnt work....a lot of people look up to celebs so when they speak out, people will listen/

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Arkan:
whilst some stars dont have a clue, some do. And it doesnt matter, i am one of many who are against the war and we've tried protesting but that didnt work....a lot of people look up to celebs so when they speak out, people will listen/

I don't want war as well, i hate it. I think the UN are making progress now. I don't want people to die because of this war but then someone will argue that all the bloodshed that will be lost on not going to war. It's inevitable now, we are,it makes scared what is going to happen now.
[Frown]

--------------------
 -

-

2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

To be honest your hardly the most 'filled in' person to talk about the war, only a week ago you were exactly the same as them. With the only difference being that they're famous.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6501 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
quote:

To be honest your hardly the most 'filled in' person to talk about the war, only a week ago you were exactly the same as them. With the only difference being that they're famous.
I don't agree, i don't want war, but they have nothing really to say about it, they should just leave it up the proffesionals.

--------------------
 -

-

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, just hearing more people who know what the fuck they're talking about would be a nice change..

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6501 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 2-D:
Actually, just hearing more people who know what the fuck they're talking about would be a nice change..

Go and talk to someone else then, if you soo want to.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

-

Ice Queen  
Red Rose of Lancashire
Member # 779

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ice Queen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This country has freedom of speech and they just say what they feel. Don't want war, but what is the alternative??

--------------------
We are all born for love. It is the principle of my existence,
and its only end.

I feel it when I when I sorrow most:
It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Seduce my mind and you can have my body
Find my soul and I'm yours forever
 -
Love is like war,
Easy to begin but hard to end.

Love is like a rumor,
Everyone talks about it,
But no one truly knows.
 -

Posts: 1310 (0.22 per day) | From: Lancashire | Registered: Feb 2003 (5900 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

yeah what?

how can you say this? They all have the freedom of speech just like everyone else in the country. Being a celebrity doesnt automatically make them stupid. Just because they things about the war that are different from what you think doesnt make them wrong.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (5962 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

People listened, and only 56% of the country support the war, becoming more each day. Most then still dont support because of no 2nd resolution. After that there are just those long unwashed greenpeace types ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6262 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musty Privates  
Just Popped In
Member # 801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musty Privates     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think you are wrong.. I mean some stars do not know what they are talking about but then again I dont think you know what you are talking about either.. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion. Even if they are actors or musicians. I believe people, such as cold play and other musicians play a big part in the peace movement. Thats my two cents.

--------------------
So we fought for the republic
While the Catholic sun filled every eye.
From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean,
We drank to the mighty.
We died for oil,
We died for borders,
Killed for democracy,
Still believed every platform.
Can you handle the death,
Accept what we create together?
I still know every politician
Is a fucking monster.
Culture kills bureaucrats
And all other undesireables.
History said we died for freedom,
But today no justice was served,
And America still sleeps tonight

Posts: 18 (0 per day) | Registered: Mar 2003 (5860 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

People listened, and only 56% of the country support the war, becoming more each day. Most then still dont support because of no 2nd resolution. After that there are just those long unwashed greenpeace types ...
yeah its 56%, cus people like you who think saddam or bin laden and his mule army are going to get them, as 90% of the media says so. there mere fact that 7+ mps have resign does go to show the gravity of the anti-war movement, which is actually justified considering that there is no 2nd resolution, highly suspcious.

[ March 19, 2003, 21:27: Message edited by: Arkan ]

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
yeah its 56%, cus people like you who think saddam or bin laden and his mule army are going to get them, as 90% of the media says so. there mere fact that 7+ mps have resign does go to show the gravity of the anti-war movement, which is actually justified considering that there is no 2nd resolution, highly suspcious.

I don’t think they are going to get me at all, I have never said this and tell people that they are more likely to be hit by a car, which they are. 90% of the media does not say they are at all. I don’t know what news you watch, but I practically always have it on and have never heard any of them mention their opinions about it, other than quote what people have said.

I think all of the others that have stayed says even more for the pro war case in our government. Yes some of these people did resign because of not getting a 2nd resolution, but they have resigned their positions, not their places in the party or their council seats. So there isn’t as much gravity as you think.

A 2nd resolution would have led eventually to war anyway, I dont see why everyone is getting so annoyed about it … ? We are as good without one as we are with, we are legally allowed to attack Iraq as specified by terms in 3 existing resolutions including 1441. This is where most people are confused, and now why most public opinion is swaying towards a little bit of national pride for once and backing our troops, who at the end of the day are doing their job, whether they have the backing of us or not. No one can stop the war, so why don’t we get on with supporting our troops and hoping they get home safely.

[ March 19, 2003, 22:04: Message edited by: Bronx ]

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
im sorry bronx, but i fail to realise the quality of your arguement,

MP's have resigned from the cabinet....and that is much more of a gesture than resigning from their MP positions...if they resigned from that then they cant vote against the war if blair decides to do that. I was hoping you would infere that.

a fucking dog on the street can tell you a second resolution being passed would lead to war...thats not what im saying...doesnt the mere FACT that the second resolution as things are will never be passed speak volumes about the validity in the anglo-saxon war mongering.....the arguements that bush/blair are using stipulate that iraq is an international problem and hence be dealt that way.....on the other hand the persuit for oil can explain why usa/uk are going it alone.

Bloody hell what ive said here is only explaining clearer what i said before....if you inist on me being any clearer i will have no option to start fucking using the dictionary to explain basic definitions

--------------------

-

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
I don’t think they are going to get me at all, I have never said this and tell people that they are more likely to be hit by a car, which they are. 90% of the media does not say they are at all. I don’t know what news you watch, but I practically always have it on and have never heard any of them mention their opinions about it, other than quote what people have said.

if i had the time....i will match the things youve said on the forum to things that are printed daily in the daily mirror/express/mail, the sun (note to americans, these are supermarket tabloids)....indeed your general rhetoric suggests heavy influence from such tripe.

--------------------

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Well some of these only left after the last vote was cast, there will be no more on this issue, hence not important. Lets not forget diplomacy would not have lasted this long it not for Blair, but it remains that Saddam has not done what was expected of him, he only did what he has done because of 200,000 troops in the region.
War was fully justified before as by the terms of 1441 without the second resolution, that is what I was saying.

The US/UK are not going it alone at all, is it 35 countries now have pledged their support? Must I say yet again how the oil of Iraq will be under the mandate of the UN, or do people just omit that fact when reading.

I didn’t ask you to be clearer, I understood the first time and I gave my response, which I am clarifying for you now. If you think that you have to explain yourself more often maybe you should pick up a book on how to use the English language effectively? If people don’t get your point it only means you have a very ineffective ability with language.

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
if i had the time....i will match the things youve said on the forum to things that are printed daily in the daily mirror/express/mail, the sun (note to americans, these are supermarket tabloids)....indeed your general rhetoric suggests heavy influence from such tripe.

Maybe you should also think back to how much I have in the past I have expressed my dislike of tabloids, I read the BBC news online, arabnews online, the Guardian and the Independent. My views do not suggest that I read such ‘tripe’ at all, because I support war and the government I read the Sun?

Your general rhetoric to me, suggesting it is all about oil, and blaming it on Anglo-Saxons suggests that you take the Arab/Moslem anti-American view, maybe because you are Pakistani?

Annoying to be generalised isn’t it?

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
If people don’t get your point it only means you have a very ineffective ability with language.

no its not...its peoples inability to understand plain facts....i said what i said, but you missed the point entirly cus you have no infereing skills....i said the MP's resigning has huge gravity....you said no they didnt resign from their MP posts...so i had to to make up for your lack wisedom for saying that if they did reisgn from being MP's that would have been WORSE as they wouldnt have any voting power left, whereas just resigning from the cabinet speaks volumes.

quote:
is it 35 countries now have pledged their support
lol yeah....their pawns, in terms of military power:

USA (pro)
China (anti)
France (anti)
Russia (anti)
UK (pro)
Germany (anti)
x10
Spain (pro)
Bulgaria (pro)
The independant republic of congo (pro)

and 35 countries? wow, how many hundred's of countries is there????

anyway as for the oil

in 12 months i will produce graphs of the share price of Exxon and we will see just where the oil went

--------------------

-

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
[QBYour general rhetoric to me, suggesting it is all about oil, and blaming it on Anglo-Saxons suggests that you take the Arab/Moslem anti-American view, maybe because you are Pakistani?

Annoying to be generalised isn’t it?[/QB]

thats just being racist mate.....just cus i happpen to be a paki and mention the oil from an intellectual point of view doesnt mean im a islamic fundamentalist. Thank you for that, you have just shown yourself for the true common as much citizen you are.

--------------------

-

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
oh for fucks sake this has really gotten on my nerves.

how dare you call me a moslem/arab for citing the oil arguement.

this arguement is purely economical ppoint of view.

if the iraqi oil (the 2nd largest in the world) goes into the thinly guised veil of UN funds...it will not be in OPEC. And opec controls 40% of the worlds oil....and you may/may not be aware of this but the americans have no influence of opec (their contributions to UN are 25% of its annual budget).....and opec delibertaly cuts back production to keep oil prices artificially high (above $25 a barell)

now, if you persist on calling my views as being influenced by islamic propaganda, your as gullible as the BNP

--------------------

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
thats just being racist mate.....just cus i happpen to be a paki and mention the oil from an intellectual point of view doesnt mean im a islamic fundamentalist. Thank you for that, you have just shown yourself for the true common as much citizen you are.

Well it is only doing exactly what you were pointing out to me about Anglo-Saxon warmongers and me reading the SUN. I was generalising you as you generalised me. Just because you are an ethnic minority in a predominantly Anglo-Saxon country does not mean you can be racist, even if it is only a little bit. Again I must point another thing you know about me, I am by no means racist. Hence why I put, ‘it isn’t nice to be generalised’ … so you, entirely missed my point..

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
Just because you are an ethnic minority in a predominantly Anglo-Saxon country does not mean you can be racist, even if it is only a little bit. ..

lol please dont be stupid, i wasnt being racist at all.

anglo-saxon in the context that i used it is a term to describe the similarities of traditions in politics/economics of usa and uk.....you will find the term anglo-saxon in all good text books when refering to such political/economic traditions.

i drew parellels with your rhetoric and the sun's because there are ...and i could easily match phrases in there and those that you have used (but not ones used in the broadsheets...which only goes to strengthen my point)

oh and just to make myself clear AGAIN....you made a referenace to me and islamic funamentalism in another post much prior to my alleged "generalisation"

--------------------

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
I am trying to turn your own arguments on you to do with the racism. See above.

You are speculating now about the ‘thinly guised’ UN funding now, but this action will bring oil down in price as the Saudis etc will not extort the west, it will improve western and thus the world economy. If the US economy goes into decline so does the rest of the world.

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
lol please dont be stupid, i wasnt being racist at all.

anglo-saxon in the context that i used it is a term to describe the similarities of traditions in politics/economics of usa and uk.....you will find the term anglo-saxon in all good text books when refering to such political/economic traditions.

I knew you were not being racist, as I was not either, but you can see how it can be misinterpreted. All good texts will refer to Arab, Moslem and Pakistani political and economic traditions, I just didn’t put ‘warmonger’ after it.

quote:
i drew parellels with your rhetoric and the sun's because there are ...and i could easily match phrases in there and those that you have used (but not ones used in the broadsheets...which only goes to strengthen my point)

Why so? I have not even opened a copy of the sun in almost 2 years, an do not plan to for a long time. But its only because the Sun usually take a strong opinion and the broadsheets tend to go more independent.
Unlike the Independent news paper (which I sometimes read) who has been anti-war to reflect its reader base.
The guardian is independent yet tend s to lean slightly behind the government.
The times is leant more towards the conservative view and from what I have read is slightly behind their general point of view which is pro war. But the broadsheets offer both sides of the facts, as the tabloids tend not to, thus you can read the broad sheets as you want to.

quote:
oh and just to make myself clear AGAIN....you made a referenace to me and islamic funamentalism in another post much prior to my alleged "generalisation"

No I drew parallels to your opinions and Islamic propaganda that I had read, like the stuff about the US and not UN sanctions the phrases I could probably match that you have used. But as this obviously offends you I will not draw parallel to it in the future, I would hope you will respectfully do the same.

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
you are not turning any arguements about racism against me

i said there are a lot of similarities between the thins you say and the things that are printed in the tabloids. If you read the broadsheet's properly and interpreted their info, you wouldnt be as half as extreme as you are.

and yes it will bring oil prices down drastically.. you agreed yourself...so is it just a coicindence that america are picking on iraq then???? hmm usa being the largest oil consumer and iraq being one of the biggest oil producers!!! isnt it clear to you then that the biggest winner from such a "humanitarian" war is america.... and arnt bush/cheney from oil backgrounds, make your own inferences dude!

and as i asid before, usa enjoys considerable leverage over UN (as ive said millions of times before) as opposed to opec...hence any UN administered oil will be much more favourable to the yanks

i will also say this again....i will post the exxon (and other oil companies) share price graphs a few months after the utopian "regime change"

--------------------

-

StifflerSays  
Member # 777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StifflerSays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I like you Bronx (and you too Arkan) but, I'm saying that I like you because you sound like more of an American than most Americans in America....I don't think that sentence made sense, but bare with me.

[ March 20, 2003, 00:17: Message edited by: StifflerSays ]

--------------------
I smell PUSSY...
 -
Go, Go, Go, Go, Go shawty it's yo birfday....
 -
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation, and a foundation for inner security"- Albert Einstein

Posts: 223 (0.03 per day) | From: Holdin it down in H-ton | Registered: Jan 2003 (5905 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by StifflerSays:
American than most Americans in America....I don't think that sentence made sense, but bare with me.

yeah i agree with you, so much for bronx's british pride lmao!

--------------------

-

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Happiness
More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh my, my
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know just where I am

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
American than most Americans in America....I don't think that sentence made sense, but bare with me.

What, because I beleive that this war is justified it makes me American?

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:

stiffler is the best person to ask, after all he did make the initial acqusation....or instead answer my last post...

--------------------

-

StifflerSays  
Member # 777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StifflerSays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whoa, it sorta seems as though you took that statement personally. And I never said that you were American, what i meant was that you sound like American and/or what an American should sound like.

--------------------
I smell PUSSY...
 -
 -
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation, and a foundation for inner security"- Albert Einstein

Posts: 223 (0.03 per day) | From: Holdin it down in H-ton | Registered: Jan 2003 (5905 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
its okay cus as bronx's views on the war coincide exactly with the americans...he might as well be an american....although trying to be a patriotic brit he must come to problems cus the main arguments that patriots use is that their country is unique (in this case unique in sucking up to usa)....also being patriotic these days is foolish....here we have technology/transport/globalisation reducing the visiblity of borders and we have people who are reversing such positive effects by highlighting them! what a way to bring back age conflicts that have cursed humanity thru the middle ages!

--------------------

-

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whoa, it sorta seems as though you took that statement personally. And I never said that you were American, what i meant was that you sound like American and/or what an American should sound like.
How the hell did you intepret that as me taking it personally?

--------------------
 -

StifflerSays  
Member # 777

Rate Member
quote:
^^read that sentence back to yourself, maybe you'll see where I'm coming from. If not then I don't know what else to tell you. Or maybe I just interpreted it wrong.

[ March 20, 2003, 00:40: Message edited by: StifflerSays ]

--------------------
I smell PUSSY...
 -
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
its okay cus as bronx's views on the war coincide exactly with the americans...he might as well be an american....although trying to be a patriotic brit he must come to problems cus the main arguments that patriots use is that their country is unique (in this case unique in sucking up to usa)....also being patriotic these days is foolish....here we have technology/transport/globalisation reducing the visiblity of borders and we have people who are reversing such positive effects by highlighting them! what a way to bring back age conflicts that have cursed humanity thru the middle ages!

My opinion is exactly like Blairs, which if you bothered to understand the view of your countries stance is almost exactly like the American opinion. Being patriotic is not foolish at all, and neither do I highlight these borders. I beleive you are just trying to get a rise out of me, which you wont now as I am very tired and off to bed.
How much have I been arguing in defence of France, the most anti war out of all opposing countries?

--------------------
 -

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
^^read that sentence back to yourself, maybe you'll see where I'm coming from. If not then I don't know what else to tell you. Or maybe I just interpreted it wrong.
Probably the latter.

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to interupt, but I'm movin this to Military Forum. Please Proceed

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5996 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:
My opinion is exactly like Blairs, which if you bothered to understand the view of your countries stance is almost exactly like the American opinion. Being patriotic is not foolish at all, and neither do I highlight these borders. I beleive you are just trying to get a rise out of me, which you wont now as I am very tired and off to bed.
How much have I been arguing in defence of France, the most anti war out of all opposing countries?

im not getting a rise out of you in particular, rather the whole pro-war movement which you represent.

im not famailiar with your defence of the french, but i will take a look

--------------------

-

Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<---- American and proud of it

As for the Oil thing in the war. Yep part of it is about oil but who in any country wants to pay more for heating oil, gas, and just general oil products. The whole world benifets from the US, British, Austrailian ,plus the other countries who sent troops but I can not find them right now, troops who are clearing out Iraq. Plus I personally would say 90% of the people living in Iraq will have better lives after this war is over, maybe not right away. There will need to be rebuilding in the country.

One thing. I think the naysayers should not have a voice in is WHO rebuilds Iraq. France, Germany, Russia and the rest can kiss my American ass. They should not have any say in which companys, from the Countries that were for this war, who get the contract for rebuilding.

If France, Germany, Russia and the rest get a say then... I don't know but I will not be happy at all, I will feel cheated as a member of a country that helped free these people from Sa'damn and who removed these WMD from his hands, which Sa'damn proved he had by firing Scud missiles, so people do not have to live in fear of him.

I'm glad we are doing this war and I only had wished we had done this earlier.

[ March 25, 2003, 07:09: Message edited by: Checkered ]

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6210 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaRk QuEen  
In Your Dreams
Member # 254

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaRk QuEen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I TOTALLY agree with you Checkered.

...and as for the stars, well some do know what they are talking about they do have ba's and are quite intelligent...

--------------------
 -

"Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave,
When One First Pratices To Deceive"

Posts: 2280 (0.35 per day) | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Oct 2001 (6389 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*