Horizon Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Message Board Wargame Forum (*Closed Archive!*)   » Future Ideas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Future Ideas
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO HELLO

We might as well start working out the kinks now for Wargame #3. We thought we had it all worked out after the disaster of Wargame #1 lol, but there is always need for improvement. Stuff like the cost of nukes (which has already been fixed in this game; however, it was after the nukes were dropped), and the invasion of other non-player countries.

Anyway an improvement which I'm sure Gbotto is already working on is an easier way to tell who wins a battle. I know we've already had some problems with that (you know who you are lol).

Another improvement would be getting another game moderator. Gbotto does an excellent job which I'm sure you all would agree, but times like this when he is gone or busy, it would be nice to have someone else there. Examples of how many invasions there are of non-player countries that need to be worked out. The problem with getting a second moderator though is we don't have that many people. We barely have enough to play the game, and since we one guy left (Dejango), some people get two countries (me). Bismarck had two but someone came and took one off his hands. Another problem with second game moderator is that they would have to have knowledge of units, which would be made easier if someone thinks of an easier way to decide battles, and they would have to be unbias.

If anyone else has ideas please write them down. I'm sure Gbotto will appreciate it.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.77 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (7633 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
these are some good ideas, i will take these into account

hopefully we will get a new mod

Avanti Savoia

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.97 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (7939 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO HELLO

Yeah, don't get me wrong, we want you as the Mod. It would just be nice to have a second one because you can't be online 24/7.

Could a battle system work something like this?
Destroyer: 2 attack pts. | 4 hit pts. | +1 attack pt. on ground units

That is just an example, it is way off though but it should give you the idea. One bad thing about that would be the amount of math work you're going to have to do. Yes, the numbers are small. I didn't say it would be hard math work, but it would be a lot of math work.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.77 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (7633 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, like RPG style?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (0.96 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (7833 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

Unless there is an easier way of doing it.

Also it would help some of us when we want to invade other countries. Example my invasion was stopped by Australia. If I would have known that was going to happen I would have brought more units.

--------------------
 -

svezos600  
Regular
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for svezos600         Edit/Delete Post 
poopie

--------------------
"From know on we will not say that Greeks are fighting like heroes but that heroes fights like Greeks"
_ ____ _ W.Churchill_ _ _
 -

Posts: 186 (0.02 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: Aug 2001 (7838 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
svezos600  
Regular
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for svezos600         Edit/Delete Post 
u know what?
in the past no one ever disputed the outcomes. whatever the mod said, went. but now, becuz of some asshole who couldnt take loosing after getting nuked, the game had to be ruined for everyone.

--------------------
"From know on we will not say that Greeks are fighting like heroes but that heroes fights like Greeks"
_ ____ _ W.Churchill_ _ _
 -

Posts: 186 (0.02 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: Aug 2001 (7838 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

It didn't ruin anything, because the game is still going, and those people didn't quit. But they brought up a good point for the next game.

P.S. Maybe the extra bonus attacks on certain units wouldn't be so good.

Another thing, which is kind of Bronx's idea I think, is like if you research something like for ground units. Then your ground units would get +1 or +2 attack or something like that.

Anyone else got ideas? We'll want out next game as simple, and as fair as possible.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe we can have a down payment system?

pay a certain amount of credits for a few of one thing, but you say only afford two, you can pay for the third in the next turn

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.26 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (7861 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

We'd have to put a limit on that. And there would have to be interest so people wouldn't use it too often. Like if you are making 6 credits you can only borrow 2 and no more until you pay it off. And to pay it off you must pay 3 credits. 1 credit interest. Something like that.

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few good ideas being thrown around

It will 'cost' credits to launch an attack

it will be 1 or 2 credits for each unit you send

so if you attack with 9 units

9x2=18 credits to launch the attack

this would represent the needed supplies, fuel, ammo, etc... needed before any invasion

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (0.97 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (7939 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

Good idea, but the game might take longer unless factories give out more or we are making more money. I don't know. We'll have to work these things out.

Keep them coming people.

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how about we make a system where troops can only go so far in a turn, a plane going from japan to spain wont take less than 1 turn...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (0.96 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (7833 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes and u shouldnt be able to build more than one type of factory each turn. for example u cant build 40 factories in one turn

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.27 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (7807 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

I built 13 factories in one turn. But I did it because I had saved up the money. I say if you got the money you can buy whatever you want. I saved that money fair and square. It would be impossible to build 40 factories in less than 40 days thanks to our Step Factory Credit System Plan.

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
maybe you can build trenches to get extra attack or defense...whatever

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
and botto, might wanna update the player list [Wink] in the info topic

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
and botto, might wanna update the player list [Wink] in the info topic

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
new defensive rules will be added

to make a unit 'fully defended' you can spend like 1 or 2 credits to 'entrench' the unit and make it stronger in defense

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
yay!

--------------------
 -

MafiaMan  
Visitor
Member # 652

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for MafiaMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many people play this game? Cause I've seen some ideas in other forums we could use...

Diplomacy maps are what they seem to use for their turn based games(it's on a place called CivFanatics), and they seem to do okay...

Posts: 4 (0 per day) | Registered: Aug 2002 (7494 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome MafiaMan [Smile]

We have 10 players i think

Are you interested in playing?

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

MafiaMan  
Visitor
Member # 652

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for MafiaMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a job till college, so I don't know if I'd be able to play much when the game's as complicated as this one.

What I may try and do when I have time though is start a game here like the ones at CivFanatics(they call them never-ending stories for some strange reason, I think a real never ending story is like the one in your flamer's grill).

But I've played in those games, and they're quite fun, they only have armies and fleets but they're cool cause they're so easy to play.

Like I said, I'll think about creating one in this forum when I get a chance.

Posts: 4 (0 per day) | Registered: Aug 2002 (7494 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds good

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.27 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (7807 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*