Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Sports Forum   » Real Madrid is over flowing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Real Madrid is over flowing
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valdano: We'll accommodate Beckham
Director of sport Jorge Valdano insists Real Madrid will have few problems accommodating David Beckham in their star-studded line-up.

Beckham's arrival at the Bernabeu has prompted frenzied speculation as to where the England captain will play, and whose place he will take.

And while Valdano refuses to earmark Beckham for one specific role, he is confident the former Manchester United star has the quality to succeed no matter where he plays.

'We were four months debating where Zinedine Zidane should play, to such an extent that people were beginning to think that one of the best players in the world could actually weaken the team,' he said.

'Time shows top players always find a place in the team; in the 1970 World Cup, Brazil had five natural number 10s, but they were organised and were one of the best teams in the history of football.'

Valdano again refuted claims Beckham's signing was as much to do with expanding the club's marketing possibilities as the player's on-field ability.

'All of our signings are made to make us better as a club and as a team. All I can say is that every day people are happier to part with their money to watch Real Madrid,' he added.

The former Argentinian World Cup winner also reaffirmed Madrid's commitment to playing the kind of attacking football which carried them to the Spanish league title in the recently-completed Spanish season.

'This team's commitment to spectacular football has no comparison with any other team in the history of football,' said Valdano.

'The fans will be able to distinguish the difference between the effort to play good football and the difficulty of the competition if we draw or only win by a narrow margin on occasions.'

PSG: Ronaldinho will join Real
 -
Manchester United look set to miss out on transfer target Ronaldinho as Real Madrid are close to securing the Brazilian's services.
Real have already signed England captain David Beckham from United and snatched the Old Trafford club's assistant manager, Carlos Queiroz, to be their boss.

Ronaldinho is likely to join them at the Bernabeu according to Francis Graille, president of his current club Paris St Germain.

'We're very close to an agreement for Ronaldinho with Real. And we're confident we can find a solution,' Graille told The News Of The World. 'Real want to sign Ronaldinho for the season after next, which is good for us as we want him to stay for one more season.

'Manchester made a modest offer that wasn't worth considering. We've not had any contact with them since we turned down their offer.'

Ronaldinho's agent and brother Roberto Assis said: 'What footballer wouldn't love to play for Real? All the superstars play for them.'

And the player himself continues to lead the posse of clubs chasing him a merry dance with another hint that he might choose Real Madrid.

Real are thought to be offering a 33 per cent down payment on a total fee said to be worth around £24million. However, Ronaldinho has raised more questions than answers by engaging in word games on a flying visit to Madrid for the filming of a Pepsi advert.

'I don't want to talk about my future, because I am on holiday,' he said, before implying he would prefer the option of the Spanish champions.

One ambiguous expression used by the Brazilian World Cup winner further fuelled speculation he could become the Magnificent Seventh 'Galactico' alongside Raul, Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham.

'Tengo la mente en blanco,' he said in Spanish, which can be translated either as 'I have an open mind' or also 'I am thinking about white' - that would appear to be a reference to Madrid.

However, reports in Spain and Paris suggest that the player would prefer to move immediately rather than next year and that could be the biggest obstacle to a move to the Bernabeu Stadium.

The Brazilian further complicated matters by catching a plane to London when he left Madrid.

'I don't know if I'll be returning to England to play or not next season,' he said before departing.

If he is indeed planning on gracing the Premier League next season, Chelsea and not United could be his destination thanks to the millions of pounds made available since the club's takeover by Russian businessman Roman Abramovich.

Since the Siberian-based oil baron agreed to take over the London club he has been linked with a host of Europe`s top footballers.

'There is also some interest from Chelsea, although there hasn't been an official offer put to the club yet,' Ronaldinho`s agent and brother Roberto Assis said on Friday.

On July 10 Ronaldinho is expected to join PSG at their pre-season training camp

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6373 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go team! [Smile] we will win this time, juventus and ac in the finals? please

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6399 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before you win the european cup you need to cobble together a half-decent defense, glad to hear that Hierro is being sent off to the glue factory though, it's a step in the right direction

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5761 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you cudn't win last year and as beckham is just there for the advertising your team will be unchanged! i say ur team but your only a glory suporter
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6213 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xNoMoReDrAmAx:
you cudn't win last year and as beckham is just there for the advertising your team will be unchanged! i say ur team but your only a glory suporter

aight

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6399 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
i suppose its bad to be a fan of a good football team? or should i just cheer for t. hotspur now? would that make ya happy? or maybe even leister?

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no you should support a local team or one your affiliated with! e.g. i supprt leeds where nearly all my family live and have supported leeds for years!
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6213 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xNoMoReDrAmAx:
no you should support a local team or one your affiliated with! e.g. i supprt leeds where nearly all my family live and have supported leeds for years!

ok then, my fave team is now the Dallas Burn

--------------------
 -

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6373 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soccer is for turd bags. This is the only/last post I am making in this thread and I will not be back to look to see what you say.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.85 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5976 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
whateva you attention seeker, go spam about something you know fuck all about in the general!

dallas are a pretty good team by american standards, its neva captivated me tho! america has already good sports, why not become champions at a few instead of diversify! at least concentrate on being the best at ice hockey first!

us english focus on rugby and football, rugby we rule at but football is a bit of an iffy subject!

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
Soccer is for turd bags. This is the only/last post I am making in this thread and I will not be back to look to see what you say.

lol you say this about every sport

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*