Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Sports Forum   » Houllier opts for Dudek, not Kirkland

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Houllier opts for Dudek, not Kirkland
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerzy Dudek will be Liverpool's first-choice keeper this season.
Manager Gerard Houllier has confirmed that the Poland international has won his battle with Chris Kirkland to start the season in the team.

Dudek was in superb form in the 2001-2 season, his first after a £5 million move to Anfield from Feyenoord.

But his performances dipped last year and he was dropped after a blunder in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.

Kirkland replaced him until a knee injury ended his season, with Dudek continuing in goal for the rest of the season.

And Houllier has told the former Coventry man that he will be on the bench for the start of the campaign.

'It was a very difficult decision for me because both goalkeepers are practically at the same level,' Houllier told Liverpool's official website.

'But I just think Jerzy's experience will be important for us, especially in this first game against Chelsea.

'I also didn't think it was fair on Chris if I chose this game to be his first competitive match since he recovered from a bad knee injury. It wouldn't have been fair on him if things hadn't gone as we liked.'

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.34 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6374 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who really gives a fuck, they lost to chelski, and not a brilliant chelsea either! the game of the day was newcastle v leeds, and we so deserved to han on but ahh well a 2 all draw is good enough for me! sakho is a genius!!
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6214 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres what we think of chelsea;

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother `What should I be?'
`Should I be Chelsea?
Should I be Leeds?'
Here's what she said to me:
`Wash your mouth out son
And go get your father's gun
And shoot the Chelsea scum
Shoot the Chelsea scum'
(We hate Chelsea, we hate Chelsea)

Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6214 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Here we go with Leeds United, we're going to give the boys a hand
Stand up and sing for Leeds United, they're the greatest in the land

Everyday we're all going to say we love you
Leeds, Leeds, Leeds
Everywhere we're all going to be there, we love you
Leeds, Leeds, Leeds
Marrrrrrr ching on, together
We're gonna see you win
'Cos we're so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*