Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Sports Forum   » Who here plays sports?...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who here plays sports?...
Knight_Rider  
Visitor
Member # 1010

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knight_Rider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys just a simple question who here plays sports.... honestly the only sports that should be called sports are Olympic Style Wrestling! basketball, hockey and lacrosse... Football but its so damn boring to watch... you know just outta curiosity not much chatting goes on in here...
AS for me i am a wrestler... none of that fucking pussy back yard stuff.. sure its funny but only to laugh at...

--------------------
- Your Instincts Guide You Through The World, They Are Always Making Their Presence known... Why Not Listen To These Words Of Knowldge...-

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 (5549 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i play rugby and squash

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5769 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knight_Rider  
Visitor
Member # 1010

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knight_Rider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Used to play sguash a few years back.. guess kinda lost touch though lol... but rugby.. i always wanted to play but never really had the build to go through with it....

--------------------
- Your Instincts Guide You Through The World, They Are Always Making Their Presence known... Why Not Listen To These Words Of Knowldge...-

Posts: 9 (0 per day) | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 (5549 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you don't need to be built like a fat bastardto play rugby, smaller guys can just as easily play as a back

--------------------
 -

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5769 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol but it certainly helps to be overweight

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6526 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
yeah, redeemer being overweight ie. unfit, really does help

--------------------
 -

-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was talking aobut how it would help in the context of playing rugby and certainly does help in this sport

[ 15. January 2004, 20:46: Message edited by: -ReDeeMeR ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6526 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Knight_Rider:
hey guys just a simple question who here plays sports.... honestly the only sports that should be called sports are Olympic Style Wrestling! basketball, hockey and lacrosse... Football but its so damn boring to watch... you know just outta curiosity not much chatting goes on in here...
AS for me i am a wrestler... none of that fucking pussy back yard stuff.. sure its funny but only to laugh at...

football boring to watch? youre right, id definately watch some exciting wrestling or even better, lacrosse!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6407 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I golf.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.85 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5984 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he said sports

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.17 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6407 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said. I golf.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.85 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5984 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ReDeeMeR:
i was talking aobut how it would help in the context of playing rugby and certainly does help in this sport

yes, because as i actually do play rugby and you do not, probably only aware such a sport existed due to the recent world cup your knowledge on the matter will far outweigh mine. being overweight you are unfit, that means you do not have stamina, you will not last a match, you will not make the breakdowns, you will not be able to support teammates and you will be out of the game, rugby players are not supposed to be overweight

--------------------
 -

-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by noble stabbings:
[QUOTE]yes, because as i actually do play rugby and you do not, probably only aware such a sport existed due to the recent world cup your knowledge on the matter will far outweigh mine. being overweight you are unfit, that means you do not have stamina, you will not last a match, you will not make the breakdowns, you will not be able to support teammates and you will be out of the game, rugby players are not supposed to be overweight

As usual, u make silly assumptions, I was playing Ruby since u were still in primary school, we played it for 3 years at high school.
Weight certainly helps up to a point were it allows a good level of stamina, but i went too far by inferring grossly overweight.

--------------------
 -

Knight_Rider  
Visitor
Member # 1010

Rate Member
Size helps... but it aint everything... and i believe we are talking overweight people but i mean a build.. i have a small build, mainly mid body and shoulders but no arms and legs so it would be a challenge for me to pretty much knock anybody bigger then my size over... but in football look at some of those guys.. they are big and have endurance so together they make a good combo.;. but being fat and not having stamina... your a usless tool i agree lol... forgot what i was going to say lol... hmmmmm... like put me on a field, weighing about 150 lbs vs some maniac at 190 lbs with arms the size of my neck who is gonna win?... even though i may have some speed i am virtualy done if he gets a hold of me.. in sports like that build is about 35% of everything... then about 30% mental and 35% everything else...

--------------------

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
Like I said. I golf.

The best way to ruin a walk ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6250 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Knight_Rider:
put me on a field, weighing about 150 lbs vs some maniac at 190 lbs with arms the size of my neck who is gonna win?... even though i may have some speed i am virtualy done if he gets a hold of me

lol maniac at 190 with arms the size of your neck? sounds pretty small to me, at our HS our offensive line averaged more than most universities

--------------------
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
quote:
Like I said. I golf.

Like i said, he said sports

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Ma$oN-:
quote:
Like I said. I golf.

Like i said, he said sports
Be quite.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
I'll be quiet instead.

--------------------
 -

Knight_Rider  
Visitor
Member # 1010

Rate Member
Yeah at this point in time, better keep golf closed topic lol.... if you mention anything remotly to do with golf, you better believe your gonna get some burns engraved into your back lol..

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*