Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Sports Forum   » Hmm I couldn't agree more, and Arsenal fan just can't see it...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hmm I couldn't agree more, and Arsenal fan just can't see it...
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1081618665-2465.21%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1081618665-2465.21%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=sixosix.manutd&sort=Te

"Arsenal set the standards for being sore losers which is why every non-Gooner delighted in their spectacular fall from grace last week.From their whinging arrogant manager to their multitude of cry baby fans they don't seem to get the notion that it's not always the referee's fault when they lose a game and,to their credit they have lost very few games this season.The league table does not lie and Arsenal have been clearly the best team this season but,equally,we were the best last year - every Arsenal fan seems to conveniently forget that United took 28 points out of 30 in last season's run in but Mr Wasp Face still said "We are ze best team overall because we won ze FA Cup too" This season though Ze FA Cup doesn't matter as much to him now despite his recent claim that he would dearly love to make modern day FA Cup history by contesting four cosecutive finals and winning three in a row.If Arsesanal's manager and fans could shed the arrogance and the players stop the moaning and diving they might win a lot more neutral plaudits for the fantastic football they have played this season. "

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6479 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
arrogant we may be but it's well placed, even though we only win the league this season it's apparent to anyone who watches football that arsenal are the best team in england, and arguably euope

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5759 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noble stabbings:
arrogant we may be but it's well placed, even though we only win the league this season it's apparent to anyone who watches football that arsenal are the best team in england, and arguably euope

Did you read the post?

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6479 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i did

quote:
Originally posted by 2-D..:
Arsenal have been clearly the best team this season

and thta coming from a a moan utd fan

--------------------
 -

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5759 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Yes the best team this season, we've played poorly, we're still a better team than you overall.

When we played you we had 2 key players missing, you had one which you managed to play for 30 minutes of the game, and you still lost to us. You have been consistently good (in the premiership). anyone will admit that, but the point of the post is, you'll regard yourself as the best team in England despite whatever happens, as for Europe, dont make me laugh.

[ 14. April 2004, 11:06: Message edited by: 2-D.. ]

--------------------

noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's us or Juventus in Europe and i didn't see the two games against Man Utd as i was in America so i can't really comment

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
To be fair neither team looked like European champions in either game.

--------------------

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man u a much better team??? hoof the ball up front and hope (c)rude can wack in a couple from a few yards out! your not even the best team in manchester! comprehensively beaten, the league has nothing to do with that, just your frailties to be beaten by very mediocre clubs wheras arsenal my friend dont buckle!
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
manchester united arnt really the time they used to be, i have been a long time fan but never since losing to galatasary soo early on in the champions league, 94 have i been so dissappointed with them. Okay ferdinand has been banned, but what sort of a defense is it if it depends on one player, who is hardly world class anyway??? selling beckam without making an adequate replacement was a big mistake. I suspect fergusen is past it, i cant really see manch acheiving any of their former greatness with their current team.

Arsenal, who i have hated for so long, have been amazing this season, i cant remain rational and deny that. They have elevated football to a new level...they make it look more like an art form...arguably their recent dissappointments in the FA & CL can be put down to complacency or even fatigue, their fixture schedule has been crazy lately. However all this, i wish chelsea my best luck in the CL, they might be able to do it, and how great for ranieri if they did?!

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.63 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6503 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i think you put it down to them being without henry really! but hey if a team depends on one man it may as well be arguably the worlds best player rather than man u relying on one crude dutchman for their goals
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6212 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by XXXman:
man u a much better team??? hoof the ball up front and hope (c)rude can wack in a couple from a few yards out! your not even the best team in manchester! comprehensively beaten, the league has nothing to do with that, just your frailties to be beaten by very mediocre clubs wheras arsenal my friend dont buckle!

But they did.... twice?

--------------------

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
i think you were beaten by mediocre teams more than twice actually! lol
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Yeah I agree we did, but my point remains.... Arsenel did buckle. They claimed it was due to a heavy scedule but they crashed and burned at the start, that excuse would of held up if had been midway or towards the end of those 4 close games but it was the first one.

And I'm happy to remind myself that a poor season for Man Utd is winning the FA cup disposing of 'the best team in Europe' along the way, whereas a poor season for Leeds is, well..... (Yes I know we haven't won the FA cup yet, but if we don't I'll glady admit that the way we played the season is far from just unacceptable (as I rate it at the moment) to absolutely appalling.)

--------------------

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
you havent actually won the fa cup yet! and i will be one of many other millions atound the country cheering milwall onto victory! oh wouldnt that be good, mix in one of the millwall players battering the shit out of ronaldo and that would make my day lol!
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by XXXman:
you havent actually won the fa cup yet!

No shit! I couldn't of possibly thought about that when I made my last post, let alone actually mention that very point!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*