Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Genre-centricity...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genre-centricity...?
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrm. What genre, if any, do you see yourself centered around?

I'd say without hesitation that I'm centered around metal... but I venture into other genres now and then... ya know, classic stuff like Hendrix or Zeppelin... I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I love AFI... meh. You get the idea.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6162 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Ma$oN-  

Terrorist

Member # 600

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Ma$oN-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like most genres, but i guess im centered around emo/ska/punk right now

--------------------
 -

Posts: 7550 (1.16 per day) | From: Shiorwa Middle School... | Registered: Sep 2001 (6457 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athanasia  
Nobody said kindness was manditory...
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athanasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metal/Industrial/Gothic - At the moment....But I like everything almost.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1593 (0.25 per day) | From: Canada - Where the morons live. | Registered: Jun 2002 (6176 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drum & Bass/Anything with a breakbeat that is abstract

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6300 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
digi/experimental, it must have a beat with hints of hardcore/doom metal combined, e.g RISE by halo but slightly altered with a very nice piece of software! or mad capsule markets - come is a more complete example (sorry cant be assed to find a link for that one! buy the cd!!!!)

[ 24 July 2003, 02:40: Message edited by: XXXman ]

Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6271 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sionnach  
Member # 915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sionnach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it do hard to stick to just one genre, I have to say guitar centered music to make it easier to understand I suppose, since thats a mahooosive range its usually enough to encompass some of what i like.
:\ lets not label ourselves! let us all run free and nakkid!

--------------------
Her throat is soft,
her lips are red,
her thighs are white,
her heart is dead.
 -

Posts: 31 (0 per day) | From: London, UK | Registered: Jul 2003 (5769 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baphomet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.... what I like about being centered around metal is that there are so many sub-genres that you never get bored... but I do like pretty much everything else.

Bleh.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Posts: 1500 (0.24 per day) | Registered: Jun 2002 (6162 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sionnach  
Member # 915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sionnach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it is a pretty diverse genre in itself, bonus man

--------------------
Her throat is soft,
her lips are red,
her thighs are white,
her heart is dead.
 -

Posts: 31 (0 per day) | From: London, UK | Registered: Jul 2003 (5769 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know more about this being free and naked ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.48 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6300 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sionnach  
Member # 915

Rate Member
well you have to take your clothes of and run about dancing and skipping and stuff.
Its pretty simple, but if your kinda ample make sure you dont knock yourself out [Wink]

--------------------
Her throat is soft,
her lips are red,
her thighs are white,
her heart is dead.
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Creatrix:
Metal/Industrial/Gothic

oh really? do get in touch asap

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6563 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i listen to that type but not really the big comercial bands that your inot arkan, my only exception really is rammstein!
Posts: 2055 (0.32 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6271 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
punk, rock, classical.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.31 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6485 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by XXXman:
i listen to that type but not really the big comercial bands that your inot arkan, my only exception really is rammstein!

lol so far with regard with your troubles with bronx, ive been neutral, but that is changing by the minute with each comment that you make.....

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.62 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6563 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athanasia  
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athanasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll talk to you Arkan, if you know who any of these bands are:
Lacrimosa, Type 0 Negative, Satyricon, Ulver, Cradle Of Filth, Within Temptation, Nightwish, My Dying Bride, Godhead, Opeth, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, Old Man's Child, Kidney Thives, Kittie, Darkthrone , Dark Funeral, Samael, Bathory, Emporor, Dimmu Borgir, Lacuna Coil, Bloodbath, Glass Hammer, O.S.I, King Crimson....Hmmmmmm....I don't know what else...If you can tell me you know who at least 6 of those bands are, then I'll talk to you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1593 (0.25 per day) | From: Canada - Where the morons live. | Registered: Jun 2002 (6176 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
i only know 5 [Frown]

--------------------

-

Athanasia  
Member # 589

Member Rated:
Which ones, and I'll consider it.

--------------------
 -

Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
nevermind

--------------------

-

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny:
punk, rock, classical.

Hmm, you forgot the 'Crap' genre .. you like Good Charlotte.

Anyway, for me: Metal and much rock.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6034 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baphomet  
To Mega Therion
Member # 615

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Creatrix:
If you can tell me you know who at least 6 of those bands are, then I'll talk to you. [Big Grin]

I no 6 those bands!!! Tlak 2 me plz!!!!!!!!1

Oh... and uh... my occasional ventures into the techno realm include Aphex Twin, Aphex Twin, and more Aphex Twin.

--------------------
AHHhhHHH

OH GOD AHHHH

AHHGGGGHGHHHHG

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*