Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Ska Is Dead tour @ The Brickyard 14/10/2004

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ska Is Dead tour @ The Brickyard 14/10/2004
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
late i know but forgive me, will post review of groovie ghoulies/jackass after seeing them tomorrow too

Dan Potthast: The Mu330 fellow opened up proceedings with some fun acoustic songs, and he’s quite a funny fellow as well. Some upbeat and interesting musical fun that lasted about 15 minutes, bravo. 3/5

Chris Murray: In Canada, a.k.a ”Opposite Land”, you see some crazy things such as hamburgers eating people, shoes being worn on hands and robbers chasing cops. Another of these crazy things is that Chris Murray is also warranted a set over half an hour. His dreary, boring songs devoid of any excitement or interest were all around the 4-minute mark and left me, and everyone in the Brickyard really, completely and utterly bored. God knows why he’s on a ska tour, his acoustic badgerings don’t work alongside the likes of Mustard Plug and Catch 22 and I doubt he can really pull it off live many places. Aural pain. 2/5

Mustard Plug: Yay, Mustard Plug! This was their first ever show in Vancouver, as it was mine too, and they put on a most scintillating display of manic ska tunes. Really in sync with the crowd they went through a range of old and new and many shoes were-a-skanking along to the infectiously joyous beats. Positively sublime. 5/5

Catch 22: They were following a hard-to-beat act but they did rise to the challenge tremendously. Feet started to move once again as the fellows went into an instrumental from Dinosaur Sounds before going straight into Rocky. The set was mainly taken from Dinosaur Sounds but classics were also played from Alone In A Crowd and Keasbey Nights, and their marvellous set was rounded off with the song of the same name, marevellous stuff all would concede. 5/5

The Planet Smashers: In this crazy upside-down world Planet Smashers are also warranted the headlining slot on the bill for some reason, madness. Anyhow I didn’t really enjoy Mighty that much but as they played a fair bit of stuff from it I think it must just be that the band sound a lot better live, and sound good they did. The pace was slower from that of the night before and the dancing and skanking became somewhat restricted as people piled into a mass in front of the stage, I started having flashbacks to the time I saw Cypress Hill at Game On at one point. However it would’ve been hard for anyone not to get into the music, it was fun and they were few people who weren’t dancing. Playing for an hour it seemed to me the band were getting better as the set progressed, and anyhow, thumbs up from me. 4/5

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5823 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*