Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Music Forum   » Groovie Ghoulies @ Wardorf 23/10/2004

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Groovie Ghoulies @ Wardorf 23/10/2004
noble stabbings  
Administrator
Member # 874

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for noble stabbings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies Night: Local screamy rock band, kinda like the Blood Brothers, got better as the set went on. After they announced for the 3rd time it was their last song the sound guy amusingly cut off their mics and started ripping it out of them before he turned them back on for them to play 2 more final songs. Enjoyable. 2/5

The Beladeans: Poo, avoid like the plague. Their only 1 point comes because their guy on saxophone looks like the dad from Home Alone. 1/5

Jackass: Honky-tonk style punk rock, and let's face it, any band which has someone playing a mariachi guitar is going to rock. Made me want to buy Plastic Jesus if I wasn't so poor because the sonsg the played off it sounded great and excellent cover of "I Want It That Way" and some crappy Madonna song too, but it wasn't "Crazy For You" sadly. Good stuff. 4/5

Groovie Ghoulies: Never heard a single song by them before though talking with the bloke in them and I mentioned the Indestructible comp he has a track on and it didn't seem to register with him so is Neil sure he got permission, lol? Anyway apparently they were playing a lot of oldies and punk rock in Lookout! vein of Screeching Weasel and the Queers, most enjoyable. Hour and a half set plus a 3 song encore, they know how to entertain. Rater brilliant. 5/5

--------------------
 -

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

What's the most interesting thing you've seen in the last six months?

Garth: Obviously, Darkplace. It has rendered all subsequent and previous television redundant.

my arms are strong: don't my name suggest it?
i strangled katja and i nearly got arrested!
i would have been safe, bro, it's plain for you to see
my daddy is a diplomat; he's got immunity
and i will kill you bro if you don't meet me or don't listen
coz i've got 500 milligrams of prozac in my system!
i'm down with the triads coz i speak japanese
but only when i'm sleepin' they'll do whatever i please
and i wake up in the cupboard about once or twice a week
AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU'RE CALLIN' ME A FREAK!!

Posts: 738 (0.12 per day) | From: Vancouver | Registered: Jun 2003 (5823 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*