Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » The Girly Room   » How sexy are you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How sexy are you?
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://quiz.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/tests/sexyvibe.htm

Subtle Seductress
You know that sexiness is all about being secure in your own skin -- whether it's covered in a full-length coat or only massage oil. Sure, you enjoy wearing enticing outfits and indulging your sensual side when you want to, but you know you don't need to flaunt your bod to get noticed. Why? Because there's so much more to you than meets the eye -- and you expect men to grasp that fact just as well as you do. Besides exuding friendliness and a dash of leave-it-to-the-imagination mystery in your dress, gestures and flirty grins, your autonomous allure is a turn-on, too. "You adore attracting the attention of men but don't feel life comes to a screeching halt without them -- the satisfaction you receive from your family, friends, career and hobbies is just as important," explains Hallie Potocki, author of What Do Men Want? "It's that engaging sense of self-worth and independence that makes you all the more desirable."

[ April 26, 2003, 11:37: Message edited by: Crazygal ]

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1778 (0.29 per day) | From: On a pc.....duh!!!! | Registered: Nov 2002 (6024 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xx Ice xx  

XxFlower of ScotlandxX

Member # 295

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for xx Ice xx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subtle Seductress

You know that sexiness is all about being secure in your own skin -- whether it's covered in a full-length coat or only massage oil. Sure, you enjoy wearing enticing outfits and indulging your sensual side when you want to, but you know you don't need to flaunt your bod to get noticed. Why? Because there's so much more to you than meets the eye -- and you expect men to grasp that fact just as well as you do. Besides exuding friendliness and a dash of leave-it-to-the-imagination mystery in your dress, gestures and flirty grins, your autonomous allure is a turn-on, too. "You adore attracting the attention of men but don't feel life comes to a screeching halt without them -- the satisfaction you receive from your family, friends, career and hobbies is just as important," explains Hallie Potocki, author of What Do Men Want? "It's that engaging sense of self-worth and independence that makes you all the more desirable."

Ice
xx

--------------------
 -

- Are those your eyeballs? I found them in my cleavage....  -

Posts: 2041 (0.31 per day) | From: Scotland (the only place worth mentioning in the UK) :-p | Registered: Oct 2001 (6403 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ice Queen  
Red Rose of Lancashire
Member # 779

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ice Queen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come-Hither Honey
Is it the way you walk or your lusty lingo that sets off so many sparks in guys' hearts (and elsewhere)? Either way, you give Samantha from Sex and the City some stiff competition in the sizzle department. Your male-magnet 'tude makes you the envy of all of your friends and prompts enough randy invitations to book you through 2002.
But be careful: By projecting a cocky, check-me-out vibe, you could wind up looking like you're overcompensating for a lackluster personality; guys may not take you seriously because you don't show them that you have a deeper dimension than your cleavage. "It's possible that you're using your sex appeal as a shield to keep men from knowing the real you," says Shirley Glass, Ph.D., a psychologist in Baltimore. "You worry that if they see more of your personality and less of your bedroom, they won't be as interested anymore." As a result, you may have a hard time attracting men who want a meaningful relationship with you. "It's natural to want to be liked and desired, but allure isn't about wearing your sexuality on your sleeve," says Hallie Potocki, author of What Do Men Want? "So what is considered sexy? Being someone he wants to spend time with -- not just physically, but to laugh with, tell his secrets to and share ideas with." So next time you meet a hot prospect, temper that vixenish attitude and tell him about the real you -- the funny, smart, complex person inside. You'll command more respect, and your relationships will be more satisfying. There's so much more to you than a revealing neckline -- give yourself the chance to prove it.

--------------------
We are all born for love. It is the principle of my existence,
and its only end.

I feel it when I when I sorrow most:
It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Seduce my mind and you can have my body
Find my soul and I'm yours forever
 -
Love is like war,
Easy to begin but hard to end.

Love is like a rumor,
Everyone talks about it,
But no one truly knows.
 -

Posts: 1310 (0.22 per day) | From: Lancashire | Registered: Feb 2003 (5938 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G-Rated Gal
While it's perfectly okay that you're not vying to be a siren, you may be stifling your sex appeal (and your sex life) by denying your sensual side. Maybe you compare yourself to actresses or friends who are the image of erotic perfection and decide, I'll never turn a guy on like that, so you reject that M.O. entirely because you don't feel comfortable with your body or your flirting finesse. "Chances are, you grew up with a 'good girls don't' mentality," explains Hallie Potocki, author of What Do Men Want? "You may be afraid of acting sexy and embarrassing yourself or of sending suggestive signals to guys and not knowing how to handle the consequences."
To hit that blend of racy and respectable, you need to discover your desirable side (yes, it's there) and take a few risks. "Indulge yourself with body oils, perfumes and silky underwear. Play up your sensual personality at home where you're comfortable," recommends Shirley Glass, Ph.D., a psychologist in Baltimore. Once you start feeling in tune with the more libido-friendly you, add a little va-va-voom to your day -- be it a compliment to the cute guy at the gym or smoldering eye contact with a stranger. "Challenge yourself to be bolder," says Potocki. "You'll gain confidence when you see how positively people respond to the sexy new part of you -- and you'll wish it had come out sooner."

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6034 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WaLdO Administrator 
Boing Boing
Member # 576

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WaLdO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subtle Seductress

[ April 27, 2003, 22:26: Message edited by: WaLdO ]

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 2987 (0.48 per day) | From: OkiE PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6187 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charmed  
Sweet and Innocent

Member # 728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh aren't you guys sexy.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1778 (0.29 per day) | From: On a pc.....duh!!!! | Registered: Nov 2002 (6024 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*