Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » AOMPRO   » Cars   » HA HA SPORTS CARS!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HA HA SPORTS CARS!!
MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauiMountainBoarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sports cars are cool no doubt but I would not trade my lifted 4x4 tacoma with 32'' mud terrains in for one. Hell no.....I can drive through old bumpy dirt roads at 50mph + to go AROUND the traffic jam. Can your corvette or bmw do that?

--------------------
~LET'S SEE HOW YOUR "SUPER FAST" LITTLE SPORTS CAR HANDLES THE MUD!~

Posts: 149 (0.02 per day) | From: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: Jun 2002 (6101 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd like to see your pick-up truck take on a Ferrari 575M Maranllo at Le Mans

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6491 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
persoanlly though i prefer sports cars because how often can you just go off road and drive round a traffic jam? not sure about in Hawaii or the rest of the US but you sure as hell cant in the UK

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: 2-D ]

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6467 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauiMountainBoarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Hawaii there are alot of sugar cain fields that run along high ways. They have rugged dirt roads. I simply drive into the cain fields (yes illegal but I dont care because they cant catch me) and around where ever the traffic is....lets see how your ferrari handles that.

--------------------

Posts: 149 (0.02 per day) | From: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: Jun 2002 (6101 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
I never said my Tacoma was fast.....I just said it could handle a hell of alot more than a sports car. Can your sports car handle 4 feet of mud???

--------------------

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm no

but can your truck do 200+ MPH?

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6491 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BATMAN  
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feast you eyes on this.

You can go anywhere in the Batmobile! And 200mph? Ha, I can do five times that.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 78 (0.01 per day) | From: Gotham City | Registered: Jun 2002 (6101 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trucks are not better than sports cars...and sports cars are not better than trucks...
they are obviosuly made for 2 completely different things, at opposite ends on the spectrum

i prefer sports personally cars just cuz theyre faster and look cool...and i dont need a truck than can pull 8 tons or whatever.
and tacomas are small weak trucks... i seriously doubt it could do anything in 4 feet of mud unless its a monster truck, you would be up to your doors in mud

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6141 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
my truck can handle more than 4ft of mud considering it had a 3'' suspension lift and 32'' x 11.5'' Mud Terrain tires. If you call tacoma's weak your very very wrong. Toyota maunfactures thier engines to be the best. They push and push them till they break then they make what ever broke better and push it some more. If you people even knew what you were talking about you would know that tacoma's can handle alot. I can drive through mut at 45+mph and not break a thing. (water is abrasive especially when hitting it at 45+mph) My truck would dwarf your little sports car.

--------------------

bobgod85  
Member # 574

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobgod85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trucks decimate all in hawaii

and toyota trucks are one of the longest lasting cars on the market

also MauiMountainBoarder's could handle 4 feet of mud easy, its a light truck and wont sink in.

ive done alot of off roading (dad and uncle are truck freaks) toyotas are the best TRUCk on the market for off road

as for all cars ive never seen ANY car handle offroad better than a military ww2 JEEP

old willys jeeps rule

60 hp. "Go Devil" engine, weight 2450 lbs., wheelbase 80 in., 3 speed syncromesh Warner T84 gearbox with shift lever on the steering post. A total of 1500 units was built in 1941.

those things are fuckin amazing

--------------------
 -
drive fast take chances

Posts: 432 (0.07 per day) | From: hell | Registered: May 2002 (6117 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobgod85  
Member # 574

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobgod85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe
we saved 45 mins on a cane road tonite(car accident)

--------------------
 -
drive fast take chances

Posts: 432 (0.07 per day) | From: hell | Registered: May 2002 (6117 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mum had a nissan 4x4 up until about a week ago, it was crap, didnt go round corners slow noisy, i wouldnt swap my car for any 4x4 and yes i mean that, to em a 4x4 would be about as useful to get around in as hot air balloon

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6467 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont care if my sports car can take 4 feet of mud...they arent made for that and there isnt 4 feet of mud within 5000 miles of dallas...and most good sports cars are longer and wider than your tocoma so it wouldnt "dwarf" anything...especially not other trucks

and to be like you:
i'd like to see your tacoma take my vette on the dragstrip

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6141 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CloyneBlade:
i dont care if my sports car can take 4 feet of mud...they arent made for that and there isnt 4 feet of mud within 5000 miles of dallas...and most good sports cars are longer and wider than your tocoma so it wouldnt "dwarf" anything...especially not other trucks

and to be like you:
i'd like to see your tacoma take my vette on the dragstrip

I SAY AGAIN "I NEVER SAID MY TACOMA WAS FAST" ALRIGHT I KNOW ITS NOT FUCKING FAST YOU STUPID FUCK I TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE! I WOULD GET MY ASS KICK ON THE STRIP MUCH LIKE YOU WOULD CHALLENGING ME TO AND OFF-ROAD RACE. YOUR CORVETTE COULD FIT UNDER MY TACOMA.

--------------------

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

quote:
Originally posted by MauiMountainBoarder:
I SAY AGAIN "I NEVER SAID MY TACOMA WAS FAST" ALRIGHT I KNOW ITS NOT FUCKING FAST YOU STUPID FUCK I TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE! I WOULD GET MY ASS KICK ON THE STRIP MUCH LIKE YOU WOULD CHALLENGING ME TO AND OFF-ROAD RACE. YOUR CORVETTE COULD FIT UNDER MY TACOMA.

nobody said that a "corvette or bmw" could either...but that seems to the base of your arguement so im argueing it...brb while i get the tacoma and corvette's measurements

tacoma specs: as if 150hp wasnt weak... http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/vehicles/tacoma/specs/tacoma_specs.html

corvettes: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/index_features.htm (its all the bottom)

i was wrong about the vette being longer and wider, but its close...a vette couldnt drive under a truck tho... and it wouldnt sink in 4 ft of mud either b/c i know vettes arent heavy and with huge ass wide tires that come stock...

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2002 Z06 Corvette rated at 425hp.

Mud? What mud the car can fly....

Chevy2Win!

GG>With the $monah$ that you would save buying this car instead of a Viper you could/should purchase the Liginfelter(Sp?) twin turbo package and then a true 'snake eater' is born...

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.37 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6481 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

you pay extra for the image...vipers look so much cooler to me, and any1 who has any money buys a new corvette

the turbo thing for a vette probbaly couldnt touch the viper i owuld buy... Viper Venom 800, around 85grand 827hp 0-60 3.2sec fastest producation car ever baby!

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

bobgod85  
Member # 574

Member Rated:
which do you guys perfer domestic or import sports cars?

--------------------
 -
drive fast take chances

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

domestic...i like vipers and vettes, i would never buy a ferrari or lamborghini(sp?) unless i really had some serious money to waste...theyre too gaudy...the only imports i would ever buy are porsches and aston martins(which arent imports for all you brits on these forums) so i guess im torn...

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CloyneBlade:
nobody said that a "corvette or bmw" could either...but that seems to the base of your arguement so im argueing it...brb while i get the tacoma and corvette's measurements

tacoma specs: as if 150hp wasnt weak... http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/vehicles/tacoma/specs/tacoma_specs.html

corvettes: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/index_features.htm (its all the bottom)

i was wrong about the vette being longer and wider, but its close...a vette couldnt drive under a truck tho... and it wouldnt sink in 4 ft of mud either b/c i know vettes arent heavy and with huge ass wide tires that come stock...
SORRY BUT YOUR WERE LOOKING AT THE WRONG FUCKING TRUCK! I HAVE A 3.6L V6 ENGINE WITH 240HP. SO BEFORE YOU START THROWING OUT FACTS ABOUT TRUCKS YOUVE NEVER SEEN MAKE SURE YOU PICK THE RIGHT TRUCK AND NOT THE PRE-RUNNER. AND MY TIRES ARENT STOCK THEY ARE BIGGER AFTERMARKET TIRES MADE TO GO THROUGH MUD. AND I HAVE ASND ADDED LIFT ON IT(IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS)

--------------------

MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
and yes the corvette could fit under my truck. you never added my aftermarket tires and aftermarket lift.

--------------------

MauiMountainBoarder  
Regular
Member # 594

Rate Member
And if my stock suburban can make it through 4ft of mud my lifted tacoma definetly can.

--------------------

r0x0rz uR b0x0rz  
Member # 557

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for r0x0rz uR b0x0rz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're glad your truck can go through mud. We're glad that sports cars are fast and well.. sporty. You should really quit arguing about it. Sports cars are faster and the fuckin' Tacoma can go through mud. First off, they shouldn't even be compared. You can compare a Vette to a Viper per say, and a Tacoma to a Z71 Chevy, but you can't compare a Tacoma and a Vette. They have two completely different purposes. You sure as hell wouldn't compare a fork and a spoon to each other would you?

--------------------
Don't get me wrong, I love these hoes, it's no secret, everybody knows
Yeah we fucked, bitch so what, that's about as far as your buddy goes
We'll be friends, I'll call you again, I'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car I'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then
You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I, not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two?
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just fucked you

Posts: 29 (0 per day) | From: Need to know Basis | Registered: May 2002 (6132 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by r0x0rz uR b0x0rz:
We're glad your truck can go through mud. We're glad that sports cars are fast and well.. sporty. You should really quit arguing about it. Sports cars are faster and the fuckin' Tacoma can go through mud. First off, they shouldn't even be compared. You can compare a Vette to a Viper per say, and a Tacoma to a Z71 Chevy, but you can't compare a Tacoma and a Vette. They have two completely different purposes. You sure as hell wouldn't compare a fork and a spoon to each other would you?

No you would not compare a fork or a spoon but what if you threw in a spork Then there are going to be problems !!!!!

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6177 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
r0x0rz uR b0x0rz  
Member # 557

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for r0x0rz uR b0x0rz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHH Yes I forgot about those nifty little tools. But sporks aren't very popular here. The ONLY place I've ever seen them is at Taco Bell. So how about we forget about sporks? They are quite possibly the least used invention on earth.

--------------------
Don't get me wrong, I love these hoes, it's no secret, everybody knows
Yeah we fucked, bitch so what, that's about as far as your buddy goes
We'll be friends, I'll call you again, I'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car I'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then
You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I, not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two?
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just fucked you

Posts: 29 (0 per day) | From: Need to know Basis | Registered: May 2002 (6132 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*