Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Intellectual Zone™   » Tech Zone   » HP introduces Compaq X Gaming PC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HP introduces Compaq X Gaming PC
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akuma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, global technology and solutions provider HP has announced that it is entering into the high-performance gaming PC market with the introduction of the Compaq X Gaming PC. HP's newest desktop line will offer a broad range of system configurations rarely seen from today's major PC manufacturers.

Catering to the technically savvy and highly selective gaming audience, HP will offer the option to choose between high-speed Intel Pentium 4 Prescott and Extreme Edition processors as well as AMD's 64-bit Athlon 64 and Athlon FX processor-based platforms.

"The choice of component offerings for the Compaq X is based on performance to allow for the most vibrant, powerful, and visual PC gaming experience possible," said Tom Markworth, HP Desktop PC product manager. "We have done our research and will continue to work closely with companies like Nvidia to ensure we provide the most dynamic components available." Systems will feature Nvidia's new next-generation GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics card, but users will also have the freedom to choose from a selection of the latest Nvidia and ATI graphics cards.

Acknowledging the do-it-yourself nature of many PC gamers, Markworth also assured that "everything in the PC can be swapped out," meaning Compaq X systems will use "off the shelf" component designs, allowing owners to easily upgrade components as needed. The only proprietary part of the machine will be a "slightly modified Cooler Master case chassis."

Systems will be available with 7,200 or 10,000rpm hard drives in single or RAID 0 configurations. Optical drive options include 8X DVD+RW, 16X DVD-ROM, and 48X CD-ROM/DVD-ROM combo drives. Base systems start at $1,799 and will be available for direct purchase at www.hpshopping.com or from select retailers.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/news/news_6096663.html

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Posts: 1232 (0.21 per day) | From: esusryesaeras | Registered: Apr 2003 (5770 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will never take off

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.86 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6480 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yah..extreme gamers build their own system, or go with alienware..hp just isnt the company to try and do something like this

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.6 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6432 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extreme gamers do NOt go with Alienware. Alienware is for those that want to game but are to fucking stupid to figure out how to do it themselves. Besides, I can build higher quality computers than Alienware stocks, at a cheaper cost as well.

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.2 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5777 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duck_Fat Administrator 
Fear The Duck
Member # 179

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck_Fat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a new computer

--------------------
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen Roberts

"Relationships are so easy thanks to the internet.. you can establish and destroy them at the touch of a few keys! It all starts with 3 letters, asl and ends with stfu!"

"sir you're drunk"
"Madame, youre ugly, tomorrow i will be sober and you will remain ugly"

-Winston Churchill and the Duchess of York

-
 -

Posts: 3501 (0.54 per day) | From: maui, hawaii | Registered: Aug 2001 (6389 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asyou noticed i put alienware second, most will build their own, but gamers will go to alienware next after that

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.6 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6432 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phillip, why? Because someone else picked half ass pieces for your system when I told you that you could have gotten better for less? ^_^

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.2 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5777 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*